Valued Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

I really loved today's show. Seeing Christian LeBlanc took me back to when the show was great to watch. He's a great actor and I hope he stays. He deserved all the awards he won. Love him! 

Respected Contributor

I wish they'd take Michael Baldwin back to some of his bad boy ways, he was way more interesting back then.

Respected Contributor

I guess they've decided to recast the Ashland role with a guy from Guiding Light.  He looks too old for Victoria, but the other guy also did a bit:

Guiding Light's Robert Newman To Take Over As Y&R's New Ashland (soaphub.com)

The Young and the Restless Robert Newman

En
Honored Contributor

Wow, what a blast from the past.  I remember Robert Newman as "Josh Lewis" from The Guiding Light.  The coupling of "Josh and Reva" was a main storyline back then.

Honored Contributor

You people should look up and watch the interview between "Sonny (GH) and "Michael (Y&R).

It is interesting and you see another side of both men.

Honored Contributor

Devon wouldn't have gotten in his head this stuff about custody of Dominic were it not for Amanda bringing it up and running the custody battle into the ground.

I wish she'd go take a hike to the other side of the earth.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I guess they've decided to recast the Ashland role with a guy from Guiding Light.  He looks too old for Victoria, but the other guy also did a bit:

Guiding Light's Robert Newman To Take Over As Y&R's New Ashland (soaphub.com)

The Young and the Restless Robert Newman

This doesn't strike me as a great recast, but I guess time will tell. I do recall Josh and Reva, but this doesn't seem like a great fit. Now bringing Kim Zimmer (Reva) on could liven up this dreary mess, assumimg the writers could write a juicy role for her. Mental lapse. Never mind.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Soaps dot com...

Young & Restless spoilers for Wednesday, January 12:

You would think that after all these years, Victor and Victoria would know better than to mix family matters with business affairs. Nonetheless, the Black Knight goes right ahead and considers his daughter’s proposal.

We’re gonna need a bigger chart to monitor the chemistry between Sally and Adam, because we have a feeling it’s gonna go flying off our current one when she issues him an intriguing invitation. How long can he possibly resist the redhead’s considerable charms? 

Lily is beautiful and poised and well-mannered, sure. But she’s nobody’s pushover. So Ashland may be in for a rude awakening when she stands her ground with the Locke Ness Monster.

Young & Restless spoilers for Thursday, January 13:

Hey, at least it oughta be familiar terrain for Victor and Nikki when the Newman patriarch and matriarch are called upon to navigate a family feud. Will they be able to restore peace… or will they wind up getting swept into the fight themselves? And wouldn’t it be more exciting if the show went with this daring idea for a new storyline for them? 

Now it’s Chelsea’s turn to go on the offense as she pushes Sally’s buttons.

We’d consider him a fool if Ashland wasn’t skeptical of Billy’s change of heart. Is Victoria’s ex sincere? Does he even know how to be anymore?

Young & Restless spoilers for Friday, January 14:

Ruh-roh. When Adam gives Chelsea upsetting news, we suspect the options for her reaction include bad, bad and also bad. Guess the only real question mark is how badly she’ll take what he has to say.

And not a moment too soon, Abby encourages Chance to seek help. But is he ready to take that important first step toward getting better?

No matter how quickly Chance can start feeling like himself again, it might already be too late, as Amanda spends the day strategizing with Devon. Can the disagreement between Dominic’s parents be settled without hearts being broken and friendships trashed?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Short of some kind of inappropriate behavior, I am stunned that they would replace the actor playing Ashland. He was one of the bright lights who gave me hope that the show was improving.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Mr. Burgi decided it was time to move on to greener pastures?