Respected Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

Why is Kyle officiating at the wedding? He was leaving and forgot about the wedding anyway. What does it take to become a minister online,4 seconds? What a joke.I guess they didn"t want to pay another actor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellie jo wrote:

Why is Kyle officiating at the wedding? He was leaving and forgot about the wedding anyway. What does it take to become a minister online,4 seconds? What a joke.I guess they didn"t want to pay another actor.

It's becoming ridiculous. Soaps no longer have officiants perform weddings, nor are many weddings any longer in 'houses of worship'. It's now almost consistently a member of the existing cast that perfoms the weddings and most often in a home, restaurant or hotel. Kyle here, Carter on Bold and Beautiful and Lucy on General Hospital have become the go to for weddings. Days probably has someone too. For the record, Kyle, in the guise of a different actor, has performed a marriage ceremony before, but I'll be danged if I can remember who he sent on the road to nuptial bliss...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

More dicey casting by Y&R... Maybe it's too soon to tell but so far I'm hardly wowed by the new Summer, who sort of strikes me as a Candace Cameron knock-off... I've never been even remotely wowed by Jack's granddaughter and have to believe they could have done better there... Add the resurfaced Crystal into the mix and, well, I'm neither amused nor impressed... I've long felt this show needed some fresh faces but I've also long questioned their casting competence.

Trusted Contributor

I’m liking both the Allie character and actress, as well as the actress taking over the role of Summer. Noah doesn’t wow me yet, but his is a character who definitely should be in town so I’m glad he is around.
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

More dicey casting by Y&R... Maybe it's too soon to tell but so far I'm hardly wowed by the new Summer, who sort of strikes me as a Candace Cameron knock-off... I've never been even remotely wowed by Jack's granddaughter and have to believe they could have done better there... Add the resurfaced Crystal into the mix and, well, I'm neither amused nor impressed... I've long felt this show needed some fresh faces but I've also long questioned their casting competence.

New Summer just seems to old and blah for Kyle, no chemistry. They could be acting in a school play.  I like the original, she had pizzazz and was "sparkly".  This one is flat.  And so is Allie. She bores me with her personality. Funny, but Allie and Noah are a pretty good match as far as that goes.  They are both so hum drum.  And let's add Crystal into the mix of maybe a possible love triangle with the 3 of them.

Esteemed Contributor

So far I am not liking new Summer. I think she resembles Sharon more 

than Phyllis in playing her daughter. She also looks like Abby and Faith 

with that common hairstyle. Same old, same old.

Wedding is over, hope these two newlyweds leave for Paris very soon

and decide to stay there,  Had to be the worst Y&R wedding.

Contributor

A pairing of Diane and Ashland could be interesting, as well as a pairing of Diane and Michael.

Lauren and Michael seem to be at a crossroads in their marriage.

Honored Contributor

Seems like they're working their way into Ashland and Miss Vicki reconnecting as the couple no one supports, but hey, they have each other... 

I don't know where they plan to go with Diane, but they brought her back and now they need to do something with her... Merely having her resurface for shock value has worn thin...

Too soon to tell maybe, but the new Summer doesn't strike me as a potential Oscar winner... 

I see old Summer is in an upcoming Hallmark movie... Wonder if she'll be joining their tiresome stable of actors...

Can't warm up to the Allie character or actress at all... Hoping she's not around for the long haul, but she probably will be...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm getting so tired of whole Rey and Sharon had the perfect marriage s/l.  During Tessa's and Mariah's wedding we had to hear Sharon say how much Rey loved to dance and how he would be so thrilled to see the happy couple get married.  

When Rey was on he was one of the dullest characters.  Somehow picturing this guy showing all of his moves on the dance floor just doesn't fit with the portrayal of Rey.  

In today's episode Sharon was telling Nick and Noah how she and Rey talked about going to Europe.  This guy was a regular working dude not a jetsetter.  He grew up in a middle class family.  When he and Mia were still together they lived in that old apartment  and Mia was the one that dreamed of having a fancy lifestyle.  In fact Rey used to get annoyed that she couldn't be happy just living the life that he provided for her.

When Rey and Sharon were married she at times acted like she couldn't be bothered with him.  This marriage that they are now trying to portray between Rey and Sharon is just ridiculous.  I believe if the actor hadn't been let go from the show they would have written a s/l of him becoming involved with Chelsea.  I think that's where they were heading.  

I'm so ready for them to move on past the totally unrealistic memories of Rey with Sharon.  

Honored Contributor

Agree @J Town Girl... Sharon always acted like she had one foot out the door and her head was so often focused on other men, as it tends to be. Maybe they should have paired him with Chelsea, the fallout might have been more interesting than anything he did that invovled Sharon.