Honored Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl  When you think about it, although the Tessa-Mariah combo is lethally boring, almost all the characters lack interest. They simply don't know what to do with them to make their stories interesting. They just keep going over the same ground repeatedly and don't take the characters anywhere. It gets back to really crummy writing. I do wish they'd write Tessa and Mariah out. The show has now done it's mandatory gay storyline and if the two of them were remotely interesting or appealing, it would be wonderful to keep them around, but they're not, and I just wish they'd send the two of them, with Crystal, packing.

As for Noah, they need to give him a viable story. Him simply hanging around mooning after Tired Tessa is ridiculous. I was glad they brought him back and glad they recast him. I think the guy has sort of sleepy good looks, a seemingly sweet demeanor and a good physique, now if they could just find some way to make him interesting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I imagine Tess & Mariah will have an adoption story. I hope there will not be any kidnappings. If they do adopt you know at least one of the biological parents will show up and probably a twin sibling. Whether it is interesting or not will be up to the writers. Hope springs eternal Smiley Happy

I think Crystal and Jack's grandaughter will be kept around for romantic interest for Noah.

As to Diane I wish some sort of legal ramification would be shown by GC prosecutors. IRL one cannot fake a murder and did Diane and 'whozit" have a dead body in the casket ? That could be dramatic.    

Honored Contributor

The wedding reminds me of a costume ball.

Esteemed Contributor

This wedding is a joke. So many characters at the wedding don't even have

interaction with the two brides. When do Nate, Elena, Jack, Phyllis and others

socialize with Mariah and Tessa? Maybe a quick hello at Sharon's coffeehouse

but other than that these two are just useless on this show, have been for

years, can't believe they have lasted so long, especially Tessa who is the

worst of the two actresses definitely.

The blue makeup is atrocious too. A 70's nightmare. Even Faith, who is a

pretty girl, looks horrible to me with that ugly eye makeup. Send them away

on a extra long honeymoon.

Respected Contributor

I was sort of in and out while I was watching today's episode but I saw enough to see what a disaster it was.  The dialogue was so syrupy sweet that it was nauseating.  I just caught a few brief seconds of Tessa reading those notes from Mariah and I had to hit mute.  "You're the cheese in my macaronI'.   Was that suppose to be touching?  There's cute and clever and then there's nonsense.  

@threecees  already mentioned how horrible the make-up looked and I couldn't agree more.  I couldn't even concentrate on what Faith was saying because of whatever that glittery stuff was on her eyes.  She looked like someone threw a jar of glitter at her.  

Another poster stated that the wedding looked like a costume ball and that it did. Most of the gowns were anything but attractive. Did the invitations state that it was a let it all hang out dress code? If Abby's dress was cut any lower we would have been seeing her navel. 

I can't even find the words to describe the get-up that Crystal was wearing.  Perhaps beyond hideous comes to mind.  

It looks like this whole fiasco is going to last for most of this week. Searching ahead on my cable network I see that almost everyday we are going to be subjected to more of this nonsense.  I was hoping for a quick wedding and then moving on to something more entertaining.  I have a lot of errands to run this week so I guess this will be a good time to miss Y&R.  Hopefully by the time I tune in full time again next week the twosome will be on a long extended honeymoon and won't be returning any time soon.  

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl , thanks for the warning!  Think I'll do errands too!

Valued Contributor

Talk about a nightmare. This has to be the dumbest show I ever saw. Fast forward show for me. UGH!

Honored Contributor

That wedding is a stitch. They all look like escapees from a 2nd or 3rd tier Vegas show, and a bad one at that.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I looked up the apparel worn to the wedding. Most outfits were in the $300 to $800 range. The teal number worn by Abby said $6500 and Sharon's sequined orange gown was way up there too! So much when you consider the brides were in much cheaper garments.

Valued Contributor

Had to put on my sun glasses with all those sequins!

The bride's outfits were horrible!