Respected Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

I like Devon. He is intelligent and sensible in my opinion.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

Devon has become so annoying, just sitting around and moping about Dominic. He knew what he was doing when he signed the agreement.

Also wish Billy would keep his shirt on.  Not appealing, at least not to me!

Agree... I've never found Devon to be even remotely interesting. One of the most boring characters ever to hit this show and the man is hardly a gifted actor or particularly appealing... Also agree about the need for Billy to stay dressed... If they think having him running around shirtless is at all enticing they'd be so very wrong...  Hire a hunk, get him shirtless and then we'll talk, but Billy, the scarecrow, no thanks... Besides, were I still watching regularly I'd still be fast forwarding through all of his scenes... Can't abide this incarnation of Billy... Wish they'd write him out altogether...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I've never cared for Devon.   He always acts like he's got a stick up his backside!  He's just boring.

Totally agree!  He annoys the heck out of me.  His mannerisms, facial expressions, all of it.  I can't watch him.  He acts like he's so darn superior and righteous.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why Abby is not involving her family for help and support. It makes no sense. If I have to see Devon on the show everyday with that smug look it's time to stop watching again. Disgusting story line!

Honored Contributor

I can't stand Devon.

I don't understand why Abby doesn't involve her family.

I started it yesterday until Abby went to Devon's and stupid was there.

He makes me sick too.  I'm about ready to give up this soap.

I think this soap is written by males who have no children.  How else could they write such slop?

Valued Contributor

Don't all these lovers have bedrooms? ..DH asked..All he could say was EWW..He said they make "love" on the sofa with the sofa pillows and blankets around or on them..Then they get dressed and invite company in to sit on the sofa..Eww..

I told him he'd never understand soaps!

Respected Contributor

The new actor they cast in the role of Chance is rather good looking, with the exception of that hair, but I just don't feel that he and Abby have any chemistry at all.  I thought the other actor who played Chance seemed more of a fit with her.  I wasn't even all that crazy about him either.  

When I think about it have there been any males that Abby was paired up with in a relationship that actually seemed to work?

I think the worst one had to be Arturo.  That was one of the most unbelievable s/l's ever.

The actress who plays Abby is very attractive but she seems to lack any personality.  She's either a gloomy gus or she's acting like a giddy teenager.  I wish the writers would find a niche for her to fit into.  She's been on the show too long to just be drifting around.

Esteemed Contributor

After today's show, I just don't know how much more I can take - it's just sooooo ridiculous!  What kind of mother would allow an 'outsider' a/k/a, Devon have shared custody, adding his surname to the kid!!!!!  C'mon writers, be real!!!!!  Plus, never liked this Chance and dislike him more, the more I see him and his "acting".

Also seeing Victor today hinting at giving Witchatoria the coveted media company and kicking Adam out is utter nonsense only to be constructed to some dumbess writers.  Makes no sense.

And Mariah and Tessa getting 'engaged' while Noah looked on like a deer in headlights - obsurd!

This show is becoming more and more disapointing, imho.Woman Frustrated

Super Contributor

@J Town Girl 

I agree.  I also think the actor who plays Chance just seems way too young for Abby compared with the last actor who played Chance.   I think they keep him looking unshaved is if he did shave he'd look like he's 21.  I think they actors both have no chemistry at all.  

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme I feel like you do.  I've just been fast forwarding over all this Devon stuff.

I am with you.  I don't know how much more I can stand.  This is more like the Devon show these days.

Then you have Chance running to Devon constantly telling him (Devon) he just can't 'connect' with the baby.

They talk about this tiny infant like he knows way more than tiny infants his age.

I told you guys years  ago when I went to college I wrote a few articles for the school newspaper about this.  At that time it was in it's infancy.

One thing that was for sure was those contracts were 'air-tight'...no ifs, ands or buts..air-tight.

My friend's niece lived next door to a woman who was surrogate to two children for a famous actress.  

This woman had children of her own and was married.  Her husband was in the military and it made a lot of difference in their income.

Abby is the only person who realizes if this is done, Devon will have a say in everything pertaining to that baby.

It might not be a big deal now, but it will in the future.

Something as simple as who's house will he be at for holidays?  It's the same as if they were married and got a divorce.

Like @eddyandme  Says I can't take much more of this or Devon.