Honored Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

That first guy who played Ashland was perfect for the role.

Why is he leaving?  Does anyone know for sure why?

What in the name of Heaven is wrong with Chance.  All he does is brood about not connecting with a tiny baby.

If he was my husband, I'd say, "Buck up there!  That's a tiny baby.  That's your baby and it's up to YOU to 'connect' with him.  So pull up your big girl panties and be with your son."

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Maybe Mr. Burgi decided it was time to move on to greener pastures?

That is possible, but I thought I read in a soap opera magazine that he signed a two year contract. It seems odd to me because Victoria and Ashland were getting pretty good reviews compared to some of the other couplings on the show.

Super Contributor

Richard Burgi visited his Mom for Christmas.  Tested positive for Covid and stayed home for 5 days.  CBS demands 10 days.  He was fired.

Honored Contributor

I get the feeling that Ashland leaving is his choice. I'm not thinking the replacement is going to measure up but I could easily be wrong.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That first guy who played Ashland was perfect for the role.

Why is he leaving?  Does anyone know for sure why?

What in the name of Heaven is wrong with Chance.  All he does is brood about not connecting with a tiny baby.

If he was my husband, I'd say, "Buck up there!  That's a tiny baby.  That's your baby and it's up to YOU to 'connect' with him.  So pull up your big girl panties and be with your son."

Chance and his disconnect. Sigh. Another stupid but predictable storyline. Then too, of course, the thing is, it's actually not his baby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doolie wrote:

Richard Burgi visited his Mom for Christmas.  Tested positive for Covid and stayed home for 5 days.  CBS demands 10 days.  He was fired.

Interesting. All these virus related firings are taking their toll and quite franky it isn't as if today's soaps, regardless of network, are exactly must see TV anymore. He says it was an unitentional mistake and that he tested negative twice before returning to work. If true, that should have been taken into consideration. As others have said, he was a great fit for the part and represented hope for the future of this tired show. Sorry, I just don't see Josh Lewis (Robert Newman) making an impact over the long haul. I know he had his fans, but he never much impressed me on Guiding Light.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's too bad the actor was forced out. He actually followed the CDC guidelines and had two negative tests before returning to the set. My personal feeling is they got rid of one of the best actors on the show. Doubt if I'll warm up to the new guy. I believe they are both 63 years old, but the replacement looks older to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

With Eric Braeden turning 80, I honestly thought Bergi was suited to assume the male lead role Braeden-style. Plus, he is so bloody handsome. Heart

I am so peeved that Bergi got the axe because of a quarantine issue. Isn't the quarantine now reduced to 5 days on vaccinated people per the CDC? The hospital where I work has begun the 5 day quarantine protocol because all employees are fully vaccinated. 

NOT a happy camper Woman Sad

dee

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

With Eric Braeden turning 80, I honestly thought Bergi was suited to assume the male lead role Braeden-style. Plus, he is so bloody handsome. Heart

I am so peeved that Bergi got the axe because of a quarantine issue. Isn't the quarantine now reduced to 5 days on vaccinated people per the CDC? The hospital where I work has begun the 5 day quarantine protocol because all employees are fully vaccinated. 

NOT a happy camper Woman Sad

dee

I totally agree @deedledeedeedle . RB was the one person who could have filled Victor's shoes. Seriously, are we to think Nick could do it? Adam has some promise, but many of these roles have been recast so many times that I don't have any loyalty to the characters.