Honored Contributor

Young and Restless - 2022...

I realize this show isn't particularly riveting, but it does deserve a thread, not, mind you, that I'll be the one to keep this thing going... I've tried to get back into it, but the show has rarely, if ever, been more boring...

From Soaps dot com...

Young & Restless spoilers for Monday, January 3:

There’s a reason they say you shouldn’t mix business and pleasure. Inevitably, things get complicated… which is exactly what’s bound to happen when Chelsea finds Adam and Sally in the kind of position best described as “compromising.” But hey, they’re all adults This doesn’t have to be a big deal, right? (Yeah, as if!)

The ringing in of a new year always causes people to reflect on the one just passed. When Sharon and Rey take a moment to look back, what conclusions might they come to about their future?

Things haven’t been quite right with Chance since he returned both from the dead and to Genoa City. Abby’s done her best to pretend that everything’s hunky-dory, but she’ll at last find out what’s really going on when her hubby decides it’s time to come clean.

Young & Restless spoilers for Tuesday, January 4:

Lily and Victoria are both strong women with opinions they’re not afraid to voice. When they wind up on opposing sides, will they figure out a way to get back on the same page? And are we crazy to assume that Billy is at the heart of whatever has them taking sides?

Remember how just yesterday we were saying that things didn’t have to get weird between Chelsea and Sally just because of Adam? Well, strike that, because today, Chelsea’s all about setting a trap for the redhead.

Meanwhile, Adam — you know, the guy who seems to cause trouble without even trying — is on the receiving end of a warning from Chloe.

Young & Restless spoilers for Wednesday, January 5:

Fresh off her talk with Chance, Abby has a sit-down with Devon, who is completely caught off guard by what she has to say. Could it be that the already complex Dominic situation is about to get even more so? 

Having felt a bit lost of late himself, Nick encourages son Noah to explore a new opportunity that has presented itself. Meanwhile, we can’t help wondering if perhaps Nick might take his own advice by pursuing something that, while not exactly new, is certainly close to his heart: Sharon... 

When Chance finds himself in need of assistance, he hopes that Rey will be able to provide it.

Young & Restless spoilers for Thursday, January 6:

Ashland and Victoria haven’t been married all that long, but there may already be cracks appearing in their foundation. For example, it seems unlikely that Victoria will be particularly overjoyed when Ashland questions his wife’s motives. He has a big secret so he might want to consider proceeding with caution… 

Speaking of Billy, it looks as if he’s about to get exactly what he’s wanted ever since that whole Gaines incident as he manages to turn the tables on Adam. Something tells us that this won’t be the end of the war between them, but only the beginning.

Devon’s taking a stand, and he’s not about to budge. How far is he willing to push the people around him to achieve his goal?

Young & Restless spoilers for Friday, January 7:

Traci has long been the heart, soul and moral compass of the Abbott family. Of course, that doesn’t necessarily mean that anyone listens to the sound advice she offers! When she tries steering Billy in the right direction, will he take her words to heart or, like he’s done so often before, simply brush them aside?

Amanda’s been a good friend to Phyllis. When the legal eagle does what she does best — offer a bit of counseling — will it help Phyllis figure out what her next move should be?

Nate and Elena have only just moved in together, but they already might be heading for a potential stumbling block. When they must deal with a conflict of interest, will they figure out a way to do it as a united front?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - 2022...

@stevieb,

For posting,

thank-you-animated-gif-images

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @stevieb , for posting this!

I'm sooo tired of Adam always getting blamed as the bad guy!  Enough is enough!

This Chance has to go - which, perhaps, will be soon.  Maybe he's got a relationship overseas and has finally realized it's time to go - along with the whole Dominic fiasco.

I also don't like Chelsea, nor the ever bossy Chloe.  Hope somone tells Adam who's in chargeWoman LOL!

Anyways, though this soap definitely needs to be revitalized, I'll keep watching (old habits are hard to break) and greatly appreciate your posting!

Happy New Year!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Happy New Year to you too... I do wish I could stick with the show, but I just can't. It's so boring. They seem to simply keep reshuffling the same tired story lines. I can't endure any more of Billy. As much as I like Adam I'm tired of how they jerk the character around so you never have a sense of what Adam is really about. The endless Billy-Adam feud is just tiresome. Abby is annoying. I can no longer tolerate Mariah and the whole Devon as the baby daddy story is just unappealing. I'm not all-in with New Chance and while I do like New Noah, the show just keeps going nowhere. They need to broaden the cast . There's no way they can keep this same group endlessly interesting. It goes without saying that they need better writers.

Esteemed Contributor

You're right, @stevieb .  They needtheir writing team revamped:  very tired of the same-old, same-old SLs.  The only character they've built is Victor:  the others have meaningless encounters we could all do without.  However they keep adding to them, e.g. Mariah and Tessa - from boring to ridiculous.

This Billy has always been a no-go along with Rey.  Why did they ditch Paul - at least he could act.  And, the Phyllis character, along with Sharon are becoming stupid time-fillers.

I wonder, will Victor ever take down the wicked Victoria. This SL has been going on forever and going nowhere.

Perhaps when the weather turns better, I may form a new habit, but 'til then, I'm watching and hoping.....

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year to all.

Add me to the list of forever hoping this mess gets better. I watch because it is something I know and all the changes going on in my life make this a familiar place to go! So I just hang in there..

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

You're right, @stevieb .  They needtheir writing team revamped:  very tired of the same-old, same-old SLs.  The only character they've built is Victor:  the others have meaningless encounters we could all do without.  However they keep adding to them, e.g. Mariah and Tessa - from boring to ridiculous.

This Billy has always been a no-go along with Rey.  Why did they ditch Paul - at least he could act.  And, the Phyllis character, along with Sharon are becoming stupid time-fillers.

I wonder, will Victor ever take down the wicked Victoria. This SL has been going on forever and going nowhere.

Perhaps when the weather turns better, I may form a new habit, but 'til then, I'm watching and hoping.....

@eddyandme  Agree with you on all fronts, except Paul. I never really much cared for him and don't miss him but essentially none of these characters is particularly interesting or likable, with Billy heading up the list. I cannot stand him. I've been saying it for years and nothing is any different after all this time, there's pretty much no one here you want to root for.

Esteemed Contributor

So it looks like desperate Chelsea is inching her way towards Rey after 

making her embarrassing plea towars Adam. He is wooden with Sharon

and will be with Chelsea if that's the way things are headed.

Honored Contributor

This thing with Devon and the baby is stupid.

We all here could see this coming.  

This makes me sick.  He signed over all rights to the baby when he donated his .....

And that is why one should NEVER take "donations" from people you know.

If there's one thing I learned this past year it's that every single thing can be changed.  It doesn't matter what a contract or law says....it can be changed.

What a perfect way to mess up a little kid!  I know people who are Gay.  The younger of the 2 females had both children, a girl then 1 year later..a boy.

None of us knows who 'donated' to make this happen.  It makes sense because it is no one's business.

Good old Devon (who's supposed to be polite and kind is going to rip up this family.

It just makes me sick.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't even know soap operas still came on.  I'm surprised......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life