Honored Contributor

Re: 🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂

[ Edited ]

After today's episode, I'm just not sure I can grin and bear it going forward. Adam's choice to throw away the relationship with his wife and son that he moved heaven and earth to reestablish is just nonsense. This whole story line of him coming unglued because of what amounts to an accidental death in his youth is utterly ridiculous. As has been said before, anyone aware of some of the really awful things he's done and of which he was consciously aware simply cannot swallow this malarkey... The obvious, if repugnant, goal is to pair him up with Sharon and have Chelsea and Ray back in play yet again... I'd been hearing rumblings that Ray might be leaving, so maybe he is... If not, he's now fair game for the also newly single Abby, among others... This is all so poorly motivated and, well, just too much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished watching Thursday's show on my DVR and i must say i was very disappointed with the scenes with Lily and Billy and how the writers are now writing into the show regarding "diversity" "color" etc...........a turn off for me...i want to be entertained and not preached to......it seems to be all we hear from the other channels.......lets keep Soaps as "entertainment"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

Just finished watching Thursday's show on my DVR and i must say i was very disappointed with the scenes with Lily and Billy and how the writers are now writing into the show regarding "diversity" "color" etc...........a turn off for me...i want to be entertained and not preached to......it seems to be all we hear from the other channels.......lets keep Soaps as "entertainment"

@kelsey17  I couldn't agree with you more. Whether it be TV, sports, radio, whatever, it seems the efforts to force an agenda are rampant. Personally, I think folks adopt attitudes of their own volition and not because they're being sermonized. I also think the danger in pushing so hard is a potential backlash. This show is only marginally entertaining as it is, but please, let's try to remember it's supposed to be entertainment, not a forum for shaping public opinion. All that said, I thankfully missed most of the homily, lecture, whatever, since I tend to fast forward through their scenes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17  I couldn't agree with you more. Whether it be TV, sports, radio, whatever, it seems the efforts to force an agenda are rampant. Personally, I think folks adopt attitudes of their own volition and not because they're being sermonized. I also think the danger in pushing so hard is a potential backlash. This show is only marginally entertaining as it is, but please, let's try to remember it's supposed to be entertainment, not a forum for shaping public opinion. All that said, I thankfully missed most of the homily, lecture, whatever, since I tend to fast forward through their scenes. 

I agree with  you 100%..........sermonized and forced is how things are going down these days and i do think there will def be a backlash.  If they start having this part of the program, even if just in certain segments...that will be it for me.  Already stopped watching football which i normally enjoyed..........life sure has changed.....

Super Contributor

I used to enjoy this soap but now I find myself ff thru a lot of it.  Why is it so shocking to find out that Amanda was Hilary's sister.....not only looks like her but she even sounds like her duh. 👎😁.....she wants more info on Sis so talk to Mariah already.

Honored Contributor

Here's what confuses me about the twin sister story. Wasn't Hillary a somewhat famous TV host? If I've got it straight, it would surprise me that no one ever mentioned to Amanda that there is a lady on TV who looks exactly like you. One whose voice is identical too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG  and @doolie  Another totally goofy story line... Amanda as Hilary's sister DUH... Ya think... and it took them long enough to get around to it... She's been in town now for months and everyone's had bad vibes about the resemblance and yet we're just now looking into it...  Give us a break...

I also just can't get down with yet another Adam vendetta against Victor story... Sheesh do they ever come up with an original and interesting idea anymore...? Ditto another Billy vendetta against Adam... They really should recognize that these things have been well played out by now... Audiences want to see something they haven't done a half dozen times before... More stale than week old bread... Moreover, this time around, Victor has really done nothing to warrant another vendetta...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb    Sharon ever have a mastectomy ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@stevieb    Sharon ever have a mastectomy ?

@SharkE  Not yet... They're still dragging that one out... Playing games around her vascillating back and forth between appeasing Ray and 'helping' Adam... They did mention 'reconstructive surgery' but have gone nowhere with it yet... You know how it is, too many irons in the fire and none of them hot...

Honored Contributor

Lord love a duck ! In real life she would had it gone 6 months ago.

Rey needs to move on forget that woman she wants to save everybody, but, herself.

Think this  storyline started last yr.?