Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🟠🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂🟠

@eddyandme wrote:

Well. someone is watching...  Yesterday Y&R got pre-empted for the Gov; today, Y&R is on - Gov got sent to another outlet!Woman LOL

Yes @stevieb . Sharon is Share-on; but she seems to be doing some better acting now that she's not just playing the town floozie, imho.  So, I don't mind watching her portrayal of someone.  I'd prefer the Adam-Sharon duo as opposed to Rey, as I think he's a light-weight actor.

What I'm really waiting for is for Victor to put Victoria in her place.  She's one diva I'd like to see gone; Lola, another - that's why I'm in Theo's corner.

Listening to Nikki rip Adam today, can see where Victoria's witchiness comes from!

sorry - lost the end of my phrase - someone dealing with cancer...

And, yes, Sharon's reeling Adam in and he doesn't even know itWoman LOL!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Oh, I don't know... I've never much liked this incarnation of Victoria but I'm glad to see them finally giving her some back bone. It's time she grew up and started standing up for herself. Agree though on Lola. Never cared for her and never going to. Definitely not interested in seeing her and Kyle going back and forth about their feelings for each other, as has been suggested will happen. Kyle and Summer aren't all that interesting, but anything is better than Lola the non-starter.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: 🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂

It felt really odd on yesterday's show when Sharon was talking to Rey about her cancer not being gone & they both sit there at opposite ends of the couch like bumps on a log.  I know they have to do it for real life social distancing purposes, but supposedly, he's her boyfriend & the natural reaction to someone in that situation would be to hug & comfort the person.  It seems like they didn't think this whole Sharon's-Cancer-Is-Still-Here storyline thru very well with the pandemic going on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 I don't get the whole distancing thing. I'm seeing a certain level of contact going on over on General Hospital and I've read where in some instances, Bold and Beautiful is using SO's as doubles, but I guess that wouldn't work in this instance. Still, I agree, they could have staged the whole thing differently so that the disconnect was't so glaring. They should have wrapped up this story line a long time ago. Yet again, they had a perfect opportunity to do so by having her tests be clear, but it looks like they're going to drag it on a little longer and not to worry, if it's true that Sharon and Adam are a real life item, one assumes they'll be able to connect on-screen and unfortunately, that seems to be where they're headed.

Respected Contributor

@Hooty ....Hi Hooty! So nice to hear from you! I know you have been going through a really rough time and please know that I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I'm doing okay, thanks.

The past two days of Y&R have definitely not held my interest. In fact, this entire week of episodes has been a waste of time. Same old, same old, day after day.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb, yeah, the sooner Lola's gone,  the better - and take Mariah with her!

Kyle doesn't really make it with Summer either; he just can't bring it to the table.  Wonder who he's related to 'cause he certainly can't act, imho.

You're right, Victoria's developed a backbone; but, she's coming off as a disgruntled, arrogant, spoiled brat.  Actually most of th women in this soap are weak or despicable:  what do these writers have against women?

Today's show was a real waste.  Must they keep dredging /reinventing the past?  I never really got into the Vegas thing and now to re-invent it for revenge isn't cutting it for me.

Oh well, hope springs eternal.............Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do we have a countdown clock to when Billy and Lily are going to get together on the desk like she used to do with Cane at  the Athletic Club? 

At least we can't combine those names into something ridiculous which is a plus.  I'm not sure how Tariah beats off all of their adoring fans.  They must be flocking to GC to patronize the coffee house and be waited on by Mariah.

Can we burn the hotel down when Adam gets back with food and get rid of the whole trio that no one cares about anymore?  Why did we resurrect these characters again?

Rey will be consoled by me.

I'm surprised Nick and Phyllis don't enter a scene already attached to one another en flagrante.  They talk about it enough and there is no place on set that they've not touched.

GH has had a love scene but the man did end up dead in the bed so beware of not social distancing unless you want to off some characters...Smiley Surprised 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb, yeah, the sooner Lola's gone,  the better - and take Mariah with her!

Kyle doesn't really make it with Summer either; he just can't bring it to the table.  Wonder who he's related to 'cause he certainly can't act, imho.

You're right, Victoria's developed a backbone; but, she's coming off as a disgruntled, arrogant, spoiled brat.  Actually most of th women in this soap are weak or despicable:  what do these writers have against women?

Today's show was a real waste.  Must they keep dredging /reinventing the past?  I never really got into the Vegas thing and now to re-invent it for revenge isn't cutting it for me.

Oh well, hope springs eternal.............Woman Frustrated

@eddyandme  Nope. No hope left. They just can't tell a decent story. First of all, they can't come up with a decent story and even if they could their pacing is just awful. They jump around too much and it's too long in between getting back to telling the various stories they've got going, such as they are. Again, too many in the cast so the focus becomes too disjointed, especially considering many of the cast and most of the stories are't compelling to begin with.

Still and all, I've now been watching B&B for several months and GH for a couple of weeks and all I can say is soap operas in general are not what they used to be. Y&R and B&B seem to have better actors, though there are some glaring exceptions; and I agree with you that Kyle's 'A game' is pretty lame...

B&B definitely tries to focus on traditional soap themes of family and relationships, which is what I want to see, but they get bogged down and move at a snail's pace. Even given the hits production values on Y&R have taken in recent years, they and B&B have it all over GH, where the sets are really pretty dreadful. GH does have more actual stories going on and the pace seems a bit faster, but some of the acting is atrocious, along with a good bit of the dialog. Most glaring, though, is that they've been too hung up for way too long on all the espionage, cops and robbers, secret agent nonsense...

Bottom line is I'll probably stick with B&B for a while longer and watch the other two very intermittently to see what's what until I decide to drop them altogether... 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb 

Yes the pace is awful and too much jumping around due to way too many actors.  I don't know why they don't clean house.  Only watched B&B few times and haven't caught GH.  B&B seems to drag things out, too.  Maybe they should move them back to NYC - isn't that where the oldies were taped?  Faster pace there so might helpWoman LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Totally agree @aubnwa01 that Sharon's story needs to be wrapped up, OR, the writer's need to acknowledge Covid. No one hugs her, everyone is distant as if she is contagious. I'd much rather that she'd gotten a clean bill of health and could move on to helping Adam.