Honored Contributor

Re: 🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂

@eddyandme wrote:

Pre-empted again!  This time it was secondhalf of show.  I'll tell ya, if you think Y&R hasn't been that great, just try listening to the governor and friends for an hour or soCat Frustrated...and it's on every local channel!Cat Mad!!!!!!

I think it speaks volumes about how much or maybe I should say how little CBS values this show when they permit it routinely to be preempted, (and usually for no compelling reason that couldn't wait for one of the several daily SCHEDULED news broadcasts...) at the drop of a hat... @eddyandme... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

I do continue to watch, but my FF button is getting a workout. Like JTown Girl, I cannot stand Lola, Theo, and the gal that plays Vanessa. I do not like when they bring back an actress to play a completely different character. I can't stand Phyllis, and the fact that Nick is taking her side over Abby in the hotel war is stupid. Good grief, how many times have he and Phyllis hooked up and broken up? She is such used goods, I don't know why any man in GC would want her. I also thought the night of entertainment that Phyllis had for the women at the hotel was lame. My goodness, Nikki is a billionaire, and she got excited to play a piano in a hotel room? She has a grand piano at home. There is absolutely NO ONE at the hotel or Abby's restaurant. How do they pay the bills with no customers???

@nanny24  I've never warmed to Lola at all and don't think she adds a thing to the show... I was hoping they were moving toward getting rid of her but I guess not... While I thought Theo might have potential, that ship, like so many other ships, has completely sailed... As for that silly Phyllis storyline involving her putting together a women's 'club', while it had its moments, it was yet another throw-away episode clearly written by a bunch of writers who don't now what else to do or where else to go and who seem to want to be writing 'art' rather than soap opera... I've noted they occasionally come up with these supposed 'special' episodes that go in a very different direction from the day to day show... Unfortunately, most of them aren't particularly good and are certainly no improvement over the usual train wreck... And YES! I have long wondered how they keep that supposedly fabulous hotel and the ostensibly wonderful five star eatery going with so few customers...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Yes, I think that's probably a problem.  I get the feeling they'd like to develop the younger group, but old fogies (like myself) like the old timers, so they're stuck with both groups.

I read where Eric Braden is 79 years old.  He gets around good and doesn't seem that old, but I wonder when he'll call it quits.

It's a really good job for him.  He comes in, says a few words and grunts and leaves.  He probably spends one or two days out of the week at it.

This thing with Adam is really stupid.  I mean...it's just stupid.  It's impossible to care about Adam and what happened to him when he was 11 years old...then we're supposed to believe that he suddenly believes he's a killer as an adult?

Now pile onto that Sharon is the ONLY person who can 'fix' him?  What the hay!

I remember when she suddenly started studying to become a psychologist, I wondered if she was going to be analyzing everyone on the show....it appears I might be right.

I have an acquaintance who's a psychologist.  She lives in my neighborhood.  She's as fruit loopy as they come.  My brother and I are the only people in my huge family who hasn't been to a psychologist.

When my sister died, her psychologist showed up at her funeral and introduced herself.  She came right out and said that my sister had talked about all of us over the years and she really wanted to meet everyone.

Whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like they're getting ready for anothr switcheroo - tha't why the stupid Adam sl.  

Okay, Adam and Sharon again.  But, Rey and Chelsea (Woman LOL)  - well opposites attract!!Woman Very HappyWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So the writers are now in the process of taking the one character I still half way liked, half way had an investment in and half way found interesting and ruining him too... That would be Adam... This whole spinning out of control thing is just tired and is completely out of character... Once they make him as tiresome as all the rest there truly will be no reason to watch...

Never ceases to amaze me how there is NEVER any traffic in the lobby of Phyllis's hotel... It was stupid to put the bar in the lobby in the first place, but even more stupid that there's never anyone sitting at the bar and totally ridiculous to have no bartender... By the way, whatever happened to the pool table in the lobby, which was yet another big blunder that never made any sense at all...

Contributor

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but why don't they acknowledge Covid? It's glaringly obvious that everyone is social distancing, which is totally unnatural without  explanation.

Honored Contributor

okay i have a question for @stevieb  that is not related to YandR.

what the heck is that picture before the young and after september in your title? i can tell that the other pictures are autumn leaves, but i have no clue what the other picture is? LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Honestly, I'm not sure but I think it's supposed to represent a stalk of wheat or something similar from the world of flora...  

Honored Contributor

@Alpha wrote:

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but why don't they acknowledge Covid? It's glaringly obvious that everyone is social distancing, which is totally unnatural without  explanation.

@Alpha  No idea but it could be they realize a lot of viewers watch soaps for escapism so are opting not to go there...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

Yes, the show today was pretty boring and a waste of time. Yet, I continue to watch every day as I have nothing better to do, and it takes another hour out of my day. Sad, I know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.Cat Wink

@catwhisperer  If it's working for you, even minimally, to help fill out the day, I'd say that's a good thing... But yep, I know, I too keep hoping it'll begin to show some improvent... So far, it's been disappointing...

Smiley Wink