Honored Contributor

🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂

[ Edited ]

Interest in the show and in discussion of the show have pretty clearly been waning, so it might be that these threads will continue to be a bit on the moribund side, assming they continue at all... We'll see how this goes... Anyone wanting to add spoilers, feel free to do so... Thanks so much to @loveschocolate for keeping the thread going for so long... 

I tried to watch today but just can't make it through an entire show... To me, it's that bad... The nonsense with Adam, Sharon's endless health crisis... and so on... Please, just move on... I can't take Adam's angst seriously... Anyone familiar with his history knows he's done some very dastardly stuff of which he's fully aware and far more recently... Now, all of a sudden, he has a conscience... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: 🟠🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂🟠

Yes, the show today was pretty boring and a waste of time. Yet, I continue to watch every day as I have nothing better to do, and it takes another hour out of my day. Sad, I know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.Cat Wink

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I was losing interest in this show before the show took a hiatus due to Covid-19.  Now I just cannot muster any enthusiasm for any of the characters.   I never liked Lola and her entire family.  I had high hopes for Theo but now he is a complete bore.  The actress who played Hillary, and whoever she is now playing, has just irritated me from the moment she first appeared on the show.

I used to enjoy Victor and Jack but they are getting tired and losing their appeal.   

I actually feel the only time I enjoyed the show was during the period when they had Carmine and all of his antics.   I also really enjoyed the character of Joe Clarke and that detective, whose name I've forgotten.  The one who had the rabbit.   Although the guy who stalked Avery, and now plays Thomas on B&B, was creepy he was at least entertaining.   I liked when he married Summer.  I hated when they had him involved with Abby.  That affair sure came out of the blue.   

The show has been on life support for sometime now and unless they make some changes I don't see them gaining back a lot of their fans.  

Respected Contributor

Re: 🍂🌾Young & Restless - September🌾🍂

I had been watching Y&R  for probably 35 years. Every day, I would go home from work for lunch, eat and do a few chores and watch it until my lunch hour was over. Well, I have been working from home three days a week and go in the office two days a week since Covid but have not had it on at all because it was decades of repeats.  Recently, I saw it had resumed filming, but I have completely lost interest in it. It looks like the actors are over it as well.  End of an era I think.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl  Agree. There's just no one on the show anymore that I really care about or find interesting. The show is missing on all cylinders and has been for a long time. The break just served to bring that point home and showing vintage shows was a huge mistake because it only served to call attention to how little they've got going on now.

Honored Contributor

I can’t believe Jack (a grown man) is going around town telling everyone “he needs to find love”.

It just seems.....well....OK, I get the feeling anytime someone new will be joining Y&R to give Jack some lovin’ time.

The shows have become boring.  It seems dumb to me the way Adam is taking this news.

It’s funny the way the show tries to keep everyone visible, even if it is just to show up and say a few sentences, then they’re gone again for a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  To me, a big part of the problem with this show is the very fact that they do try to keep everyone visible, as you say. There are too many characters and only so much screen time, which means the characters are consistently poorly developed and too often given story lines that go nowhere. If they got rid of half the characters on this show and focussed on a smaller group, no one would miss the ones that get dropped and maybe they'd be able to better manage every aspect of this show's writing and production.

Respected Contributor

If the powers that be would have shown the reruns in sequence I would have watched . They didn't so I didn't. I discovered I felt better pursuing other activities than watching mean , nasty peolpe who were endlessly full of revenge. If I have to see that there is always the news.

When I heard it was starting up again I watched a few minutes and thought --no-. Although I did watch long enough to see that the actress that plays Nikki looks like she enjoyed and benefitted from a rest .

Esteemed Contributor

Pre-empted again!  This time it was secondhalf of show.  I'll tell ya, if you think Y&R hasn't been that great, just try listening to the governor and friends for an hour or soCat Frustrated...and it's on every local channel!Cat Mad!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I do continue to watch, but my FF button is getting a workout. Like JTown Girl, I cannot stand Lola, Theo, and the gal that plays Vanessa. I do not like when they bring back an actress to play a completely different character. I can't stand Phyllis, and the fact that Nick is taking her side over Abby in the hotel war is stupid. Good grief, how many times have he and Phyllis hooked up and broken up? She is such used goods, I don't know why any man in GC would want her. I also thought the night of entertainment that Phyllis had for the women at the hotel was lame. My goodness, Nikki is a billionaire, and she got excited to play a piano in a hotel room? She has a grand piano at home. There is absolutely NO ONE at the hotel or Abby's restaurant. How do they pay the bills with no customers???