Respected Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ Young & Restless - October ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ

It might help if they'd just use the current pandemic/social distancing stuff in the storylines instead of trying to shoot scenes with folks that are supposed to be romantically involved or close family on the show standing so far apart.  I mean, we all know why they're doing it, but it ruins the flow of it to see them hollering across the room at each other, when normally they'd be physically touching other.  It's become like the elephant in the room & will probably be in place for the foreseeable future, so why not just use it in the storytelling?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01  I think it's a Catch-22 for them. They likely realize many viewers watch soaps as an escape and did so well before the current situation erupted. They could incorporate it into the scripts but they probably consider that many viewers don't want any more reminders of the situation than they already have, even given the obvious disconnects, and there are many.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@aubnwa01  I think it's a Catch-22 for them. They likely realize many viewers watch soaps as an escape and did so well before the current situation erupted. They could incorporate it into the scripts but they probably consider that many viewers don't want any more reminders of the situation than they already have, even given the obvious disconnects, and there are many.

I have to say i don't want to see COVID stories on the soaps......i am one of those who want to escape that nightmare for an hour a day.........i was thinking the other day that "insinuating" a love scene is fine with me....it makes the writers have to work harder to create more of a story...and/or actual conversations.............instead of this and that one making out with eachother...........which can get pretty boring.....

Respected Contributor

The social distancing stuff doesn't bother me for the love scenes so much as the interactions within the families, like no one hugging or consoling each other after Dina's death.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I have to say i don't want to see COVID stories on the soaps......i am one of those who want to escape that nightmare for an hour a day.........i was thinking the other day that "insinuating" a love scene is fine with me....it makes the writers have to work harder to create more of a story...and/or actual conversations.............instead of this and that one making out with eachother...........which can get pretty boring.....

@kelsey17  I'm kind of there with you as far as anything more about 'current events' being overload... We really can't go anywhere to escape it, least of all these boards... Sometimes, certain forums here more resemble a medical journal, which is unfortunate... I haven't watched Days of Our Lives in forever, but it really is interesting to me that General Hospital seems to be doing a much better job of forging ahead with this distancing thing than are either of the CBS soaps... I'm with you as far as not needing to see the love scenes spelled out but on the other hand, the notion of making these oh-so-limited writers work harder, when they're clearly struggling as it is might prove to be dicey...Smiley Very Happy  I do, though, understand what @aubnwa01 is saying about the distancing and lack of contact being rather glaring in some scenes...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb, why oh why are they always picking on our boy Adam?!!!?

Looks like Chelsea and Adam ventured upon Billy-Boy's Achilles Heel!  Let's see how this plays out.....Woman Wink

What has Gloria placed in hiding in that 'vase' over at the mansion before she left?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  No idea what Glo is up to. Looks like maybe it's some kind of flash drive she keeps moving around. Not sure having her back is worth having to endure seeing more of Chloe and Chipmunk...

As for Witch Vicky and Billy, yes, I hope Adam guts the both of them. Never understood why Chelsea signed over custody of Johnny to them. More to the point, once Billy and Vicky split it made no sense for Witch Vicky to have custody... Vicky's an idiot. Instead of treading lightly she's all bombast, same with Billy. Adam's act is wearing thin with me, but can hack anybody before I can the gruesome twosome...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme  No idea what Glo is up to. Looks like maybe it's some kind of flash drive she keeps moving around. Not sure having her back is worth having to endure seeing more of Chloe and Chipmunk...

As for Witch Vicky and Billy, yes, I hope Adam guts the both of them. Never understood why Chelsea signed over custody of Johnny to them. More to the point, once Billy and Vicky split it made no sense for Witch Vicky to have custody... Vicky's an idiot. Instead of treading lightly she's all bombast, same with Billy. Adam's act is wearing thin with me, but can hack anybody before I can the gruesome twosome...

@stevieb, I do want to see more of Gloria, whatever she's up to!Woman LOL  And, do think it's about time Chloe and Chipmunk go back to Oregon - don't they have to work.

Yes, it's time for Adam to rise up from the ashes!  I;m looking forward to the resulting destruction of Witchotoria and Billy.  And, perhaps Chelsea's on her way out - probably brain tumor - from the fall in the elevator, of course.

Agree, Chelsea giving up Johnny made no sense; neither did Adam's giving up Christian - another reason for Numbnutz to clean up his act and play nice.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was looking forward to Gloria's return, but they need to do something with her this time and not just have her flitting around acting borderine psychotic. They also need to do something with her hair... A glammed up, in charge Gloria is a fun Gloria... There are already enough desperate, needy types on this show...

And yes, don't Kevin and Chloe work for a living or do they just sponge off Esther... And really, has the Chancellor house become nothing more than a way station for the town's misfits... There are so many, maybe Esther can open a B&B and put the Grand Phoenix on notice...

Esteemed Contributor

Well thought it was kinda a dumb show today.  Guess the writers couldn't come up with a way to advance many of the SLs they've scattered around....

Mariah giving unwanted, useless advice to Summer was really ridiculous.  Then ending today's show with Summer and Kyle - now both undecided - RIDICULOUS as the infamous Judge Judy would say.Woman LOL  Like no one cares!!!!!

Hopefully Adam, perhaps even with the aid of Chelsea (to take back Johnny) to take crush and destroy the obnoxious Miss Vikki and Billy-Boy will soon begin.....

Come on writers give us something!!!Woman Frustrated