Esteemed Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ Young & Restless - October ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ

@stevieb wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

Elena has to go!!  Can't stand her.

@twinsister  She's awful. Sort of a shame too, I thought she had a lot of potential when she first showed up, but she's just been written into being little more than a hysterical neurotic mess.

Well the Elena character never really made sense to me.  First she had dedicated her life to her dying or very sick uncle whom I assumed supported her.  Then her knight in shining armour, Devon, arrived!  And suddenly her uncle was well enough to tour - afterall he was sooo famous (that's why he was in a cheap apartment) and Elena became a doctor and the one and only in Devon's life.  And although she went from poverty to riches, she wasn't consumed by Devon's wealth - didn't want any part of it; yet, was most concerned and upset when he almost lost it.Woman Frustrated

Now, she did the deed with the wonderful Dr. Nate.  Yeah, I'd agree she's one neurotic mess along with the storyline.

Super Contributor

Haven't checked in in a while, but had to make a comment. I am SOOO behind on watching, maybe 2 weeks worth of taped shows, but was watching yesterday, and there were several scenes where Phyllis is just acting so crazy. She and Nick are apparently getting back together? and she is just acting like a crazy schoolgirl, with the oddest faces, and then she saw Summer's engagement and went Buckazz crazy. What the heck? I really think Nick could do a lot better than her, she is a loon, and she is definately not a role model for Christian or any kid. Rant over. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Yes, I think you are right (about where they live).

Something I keep thinking about is maybe 4 or 5 years ago (during some anniversary at Y&R) Doug Davidson and LauraLee Bell talked about the 'old days' of Y&R.

They laughed about the lavish parties they'd have on set for everything.  They said Y&R was known for their lavish sets and they always had 'cake' for everything.  It got to the point where everyone on set figured out the celebration would "for sure" have cake, real cake to eat.

I think they did a disservice to those of us who watch the show when they went back and got out the shows way back when.

The newbies to the show got to see what we old timers talked about when we discuss the changes that took place over time.

This show has taken the 'old timers' and those whom many tune in to see put on the 'back burner'.

Poor Jack he's a caretaker for his mom and when he isn't doing that, now he's trying to find out about some necklace that I'd venture to say most viewers don't give a gosh darn about....(I know I don't).

Victor shows up every now and then, mumbles a few words and scowls then promptly leaves for the next time.

No one on the show is on camera long enough for the viewer to really care what they're supposedly talking about.

What was that all about when Chelsea fell in the elevator and got knocked out?  So what?  Why was that necessary?

I suddenly feel the need (based on @stevieb and her postSmiley Happy) to list just how many people live in that hotel/bar/restaurant.

Let's see....there's Billy, Phyllis, Amanda (where does Nate live...anybody? anybody?).  Abby lives there and I assume her manly man lives there?  Ashley showed up for one minute....then she's gone.

I know I keep bringing this up but....why doesn't someone go to the press (and/or the cops) with the fact that Billy Boy tried to run over Adam and kill him?  These people don't know the meaning of 'keep your mouth shut' so why hasn't that come out?

Phew!  I'm getting dizzy trying to find something that I care about and would like to see carried through...come to think of it..the story lines are never carried through...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 @nanny24 @eddyandme  No two ways about it, the show is being poorly written in the extreme. It's disjointed, there's little continuity, people just drift in and drift out and float around. The characters have largely been destroyed and made to appear extremely inconsistent. I honestly believe CBS has given up on it after so many shifts in writers and producers and will simply see where it stands at the end of the renewal period before deciding to let it limp along to the scrap heap or not.

@Annabellethecat66  I've said it before but I agree. I don't think they did themselves any favors by reminding long time viewers and showing newer viewers all those vintage episodes. The crud they put out there now only looks twice as bad by comparison.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nanny24 wrote:

Haven't checked in in a while, but had to make a comment. I am SOOO behind on watching, maybe 2 weeks worth of taped shows, but was watching yesterday, and there were several scenes where Phyllis is just acting so crazy. She and Nick are apparently getting back together? and she is just acting like a crazy schoolgirl, with the oddest faces, and then she saw Summer's engagement and went Buckazz crazy. What the heck? I really think Nick could do a lot better than her, she is a loon, and she is definately not a role model for Christian or any kid. Rant over. 

@nanny24  Phyllis... Sheesh... I don't know what either the writers or the actress is thinking... They couldn't wait to bring back the 'original' Phyllis and had no idea what to do with her or where to go with her... They've made a mockery of the character ever since... Personally, I preferred Gina Tognani as Phyllis... No matter how bad the material, she always made it work... Stafford is a fifty year old woman trying to play the part as a much younger flake... The stuff about her and Nick's resistance to Summer's engagement is fully idiotic...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although they didn't fully show her putting it on, Sharon was talking to Rey, putting on her coat quickly like she never even had breast surgery.

Then she is at the coffee house with a lower cut blouse, no evidence of support bras they are supposed to wear for days after surgery.

Honored Contributor

I started watching yesterday's show and just decided, after a while, to delete it... Just more rehashing of the same tired muck and more sitting on fences because of writers that don't know what to do or where to go... It continues to disappoint on every level... 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Although they didn't fully show her putting it on, Sharon was talking to Rey, putting on her coat quickly like she never even had breast surgery.

Then she is at the coffee house with a lower cut blouse, no evidence of support bras they are supposed to wear for days after surgery.

I know... It felt like I missed something... I thought  it seemed like Nick was just telling Nicki that she had gone in for her surgery and then yesterday it seemed like she'd not had anything done at all... This whole story line, like so many others, has been drawn out for so long and with so many fits and starts that it's a challenge to keep up with what they're doing, especially when it wasn't that gripping to begin with...

Esteemed Contributor

I realize I should have paid more attention, but did I hear Ratman mentioned?????  That would mean the whole Miami Group would be back??!!?Woman Frustrated

I don't think Shareon will really marry Rey; will she stand him up at the altar? or, will she just fess up to it and move in with Adam?,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

I realize I should have paid more attention, but did I hear Ratman mentioned?????  That would mean the whole Miami Group would be back??!!?Woman Frustrated

I don't think Shareon will really marry Rey; will she stand him up at the altar? or, will she just fess up to it and move in with Adam?,

@eddyandme  I have no idea. I fast forwarded through most of the show. And while I realize that's probably one reason to be confused, things have just become so hit or miss and continuity has long been a low priority... I honestly don't care anymore what they do or who they bring in. Something is up with Sharon. I think she's trying to convince herself she loves Ray because he's been there for her, but it seems clear she's ambivalent... I don't think the wedding will happen... Again, I simply don't care... There's nothing about this show anymore that piques my interest... I think it's pretty much hopeless... At this point, I'm more or less just trying to hold on long enough to see how they decorate the sets for the holidays...