Honored Contributor

Re: Young & Restless-October 2021

Isn't it time for Sharon to change out of her 'Lost in the Seventies' Halloween costume?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:
Makes sense @stevieb. Perhaps they'll take the lead from GH and have the new Chance show up on their wedding nite! Guess Devon ain't goinin' anywhere....(yuck)

@eddyandme  Other than the first year or so, as an adopted hearing impaired child, the Devon character has been boring-boring-boring. They have now spent decades trying to make him interesting, relevant or both and he's still boring-boring-boring. Adding to the equation, the actor has limited talent and lacks appeal, to put it nicely. They should have cut their losses and gotten rid of Devon ages ago. As it stands now, there are a few others who'd not be missed, Mariah being one of them.  Frightening, I know, but based on the small sampling of shows I watched a week or so ago, I can actually take Tessa before I can tolerate Mariah. I also like the new Noah but wonder if at some point they might give him a bit more animation. He's consistently low key, it seems.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Counselor Sharon to the rescue to help Abby. Thought it was a joke

when she barged in. Think Sharon should be at a counselor herself.

Then send in Nate, who of course makes house calls immediately

when you need him. No worries.

All Abby does is dream of Chance, Chance, Chance and of course

no flashbacks of him. Can't show the past actor who played him

and is gone probably a year now.

This fake baby stuff is getting real old. Guess he will be wrapped 

up like a sausage until he's in kindergarten.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:
Makes sense @stevieb. Perhaps they'll take the lead from GH and have the new Chance show up on their wedding nite! Guess Devon ain't goinin' anywhere....(yuck)

@eddyandme  Other than the first year or so, as an adopted hearing impaired child, the Devon character has been boring-boring-boring. They have now spent decades trying to make him interesting, relevant or both and he's still boring-boring-boring. Adding to the equation, the actor has limited talent and lacks appeal, to put it nicely. They should have cut their losses and gotten rid of Devon ages ago. As it stands now, there are a few others who'd not be missed, Mariah being one of them.  Frightening, I know, but based on the small sampling of shows I watched a week or so ago, I can actually take Tessa before I can tolerate Mariah. I also like the new Noah but wonder if at some point they might give him a bit more animation. He's consistently low key, it seems.

WOW!  We are totally on sync!!!!!!  I was just gonna post on this but laptop froze up.  I completely agree.  Get rid of Mariah - asap; send Devon packing.  And, hook Tessa up with Noah!  I've also had about enough of this Abby-Chance saga!  Waiting to see what they're gonna do with the Billy/Gaines thing:  I like it when Victor and Adam do what they do bestWoman Wink.

Respected Contributor

not happy at all with the baby/Chance storyline.  BORING!

we all know Chance will show up months later with a new face and body.

cannot take Tessa or Mariah or Noah, the new young shrink he thinks he is.  oh wise one!

I think Tessa girl had her lips puffed up, they used to match Mariah's...but no more.  OMG...

I am hoping like crazy that Chelsea returns and goes toe to toe with Sally, since it doesn't look like they'll get rid of her.  too darn bad.

and what's the world coming to when I'm starting to root for Billy to have his day....Woman Surprised

and Phyllis girl, stop picking on Nick, you are bugging me too!

Honored Contributor

I can't stand Sally.  These people have no idea how to speak softly and not discuss everything in their lives as people listen in.

I can't stand what's going on with Abby and the gang.  This is all getting old.

Not much to say.  I'm still trying to figure out the whole Chance missing thing.  I don't understand why they didn't just hire another Chance.

So, to sum it up, get rid of Sally AFTER Chelsea rips her a new one...then she can go.  

Get rid of Tessa.  Phew!  I'm getting dizzy.  My brain hurts.

Honored Contributor

Watching the show today, I'm so tired of watching these people lift up a loaf of bread over and over.

I've never watched a soap that involves a new baby where the show's gone on so long without showing a real baby.

I'm thinking about GH.  They showed the face of a real baby...early on.

Is this show so cheap they couldn't even find an infant to show at least once or twice.

The way that bread is wrapped up, the kid (we're it real), would have suffocated.

Would anyone who give a darn about Amanda and Sutton business...please raise their hand.

I'm here to say, I don't care.

Esteemed Contributor

And the crying fest for Abby just goes on and on. 

Why should we viewers care about this story and feel for poor

Chance when we haven't even seen any actor portray this character

in a long time? Then again, everybody get your tissues and feel sad

for poor Abby and the baby.

True what Devon said in front of Victor about Chance leaving Abby

for this job. Funny line then when Victor told Ashley that Devon is a good 

kid. 

Maybe Ashley should whisk Abby and the baby out of town for a while.

Would be nice but then Mariah and Devon would go bonkers.

Honored Contributor

I feel like these writers must be new and young.

They are breaking a golden rule of soaps.

A writer must set things up so that the viewers care and are invested of what's happening to the characters in the storyline.

What I mean is we should have seen more recent interaction between Chance and Abby.

Instead, Abby is living her life alone without Chance.  We haven't seen them together for...what...months...a year?

I think most people feel like, it's hard to care  very much because they don't seem like husband and wife.  She even went on her on, picked a surrogate and the baby's daddy.  Chance was not there for any of that.

Speaking for myself, sure, I'm sad the character died.  It's ok for Abby to be sad but, let's move along.  I'm not interested in seeing this storyline going on any longer.

Are they going to bring out Chance's Grandmother, Jill?  We haven't seen her in a year or so!

Watching this show, it's very frustrating.  I know many of you ladies could write better dialogue and storylines.

Respected Contributor

I saw where Jerry Douglas, who played John Abbott, passed away at age 88