Respected Contributor

Re: Young & Restless-October 2021

@threecees wrote:

@eddyandme Do you like Victoria's dress? Not crazy about it.

Her hair should have been nicer too. But then its Victoria, always

messy hair.

Screenshot_20211014-215900.jpg

Did they show her original dress that she chose, before Sally swapped in her design?  It might've looked nicer if her dress was silver/grey to match the groom's suit.  Lord knows she's been married enough times (6-7?) to not be wearing a white wedding dress anymore!

Esteemed Contributor

No @aubnwa01 they never showed this week her original dress. Agree a color

to match with Ashton's suit would have looked nicer. Also her hair should have

been pulled up with a few strands hanging curled by her face would have

looked better because when she turns around some of her hair covers her

back where it is completely open.

Oh well, see how long this marriage lasts!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

No @aubnwa01 they never showed this week her original dress. Agree a color

to match with Ashton's suit would have looked nicer. Also her hair should have

been pulled up with a few strands hanging curled by her face would have

looked better because when she turns around some of her hair covers her

back where it is completely open.

Oh well, see how long this marriage lasts!Woman Very Happy

Until Victor decides it shouldn't last any longer.

Valued Contributor

She looked like she was wrapped in a bed sheet..don't know why it was "so special"?

All he needed was a1970's-ish ruffled shirt.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone lose notice how much Ashton was rubbing Victoria's back?

It was crazy.  He couldn't keep his hands off of her bare back.

A few times it was as if he realized it and started rubbing the dress.

Butit was such a thin piece of fabric; he'd be back to rubbing her back.

I guess the actor wanted to show the audience affection toward her and since the back was so exposed, he ended up rubbing bare skin.

Lately I've been watching "Say yes to the dress".  Just about every dress on the show is more beautiful than that ugly one Victoria made that Sally designed.

I thought Nicki's hair in the back was beautiful.  I also loved her gown.

I hated Phyllis' hair.  It looked like a tangled mess.  I hate hairdos that are pulled back with pieces of hair hanging down on both sides of the face.  I keep feeling like I should reach in and pull it back. 

Super Contributor

I thought I was the only one who was less than 'wowed' by Victoria's Sally dress. They showed the other one maybe last week, and it was much prettier. I was expecting something stunning, and it was not. I also did not like the way Sally kept telling Victoria that her dress was better for Vicki, like Victoria didn't know what she wanted....AND how does Sally keep getting what she wants, Victoria actually thanked her and hugger her!!! Yuck!! From the previews, looks like she and Adam will hit the sheets, and I guess she'll hitch her wagon to the Newman billions. Victor will have a fit. On a better note, I totally loved the scenes at the palazzo, OMG, it was gorgeous. I would love to visit such a place. Don't like the new Noah, he just does not seem to fit. All in all, the show has been good last few months, I really like the Ashland character, and hope he stays. he is certainly pretty to look at!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

I thought I was the only one who was less than 'wowed' by Victoria's Sally dress. They showed the other one maybe last week, and it was much prettier. I was expecting something stunning, and it was not. I also did not like the way Sally kept telling Victoria that her dress was better for Vicki, like Victoria didn't know what she wanted....AND how does Sally keep getting what she wants, Victoria actually thanked her and hugger her!!! Yuck!! From the previews, looks like she and Adam will hit the sheets, and I guess she'll hitch her wagon to the Newman billions. Victor will have a fit. On a better note, I totally loved the scenes at the palazzo, OMG, it was gorgeous. I would love to visit such a place. Don't like the new Noah, he just does not seem to fit. All in all, the show has been good last few months, I really like the Ashland character, and hope he stays. he is certainly pretty to look at!!!

Agree with everything @nanny24 , except I do like this Noah better than the other one.  Just my opinion and think they'll hook him up with Tessa - looks like Mariah's on her way out (hopefully).

Contributor

Sorry to disagree with most of you but I thoight Victoria's wedding dress was beautifuk.  Very couture looking. Simple but very elegant.  She has the shape to wear it   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tuned in for a few episodes to see the goings on. While this was not a 'pretty' or 'June bride' type of wedding, it seemed elegant and sophisticated to me, as would be appropriate for a bride of her age, her station in life and given the participants. This set-up clearly came with some production costs. I don't much care where all this goes, but it was nice to see what should have been the next generation of Newmans and Abbotts, Noah, Summer and Kyle, hanging out together and I prefer this Noah to the last one, who never demonstrated much depth as an actor. Seemed like sort of an entertaining few days if they could only sustain it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@chayse wrote:

Sorry to disagree with most of you but I thoight Victoria's wedding dress was beautifuk.  Very couture looking. Simple but very elegant.  She has the shape to wear it   

I thought the wedding dress was elegant, loved how it draped across her body.