Valued Contributor

Re: Young & Restless- July 2021

Why did Sally wear that dress to eat at Society. It looked ridiculous. I don't trust Victoria and Ashland. Is he really dying? 

This show is making my head explode!

Respected Contributor

I wish I knew the reason that they have for keeping Tessa on the show.  In watching today's episode during her scene with Abby I couldn't believe how bad the acting was. I have to say I wouldn't give the actress playing Abby a whole lot of credit for being a good actress but the one playing Tessa is just pathetic.  

She must have a heck of a good manager who works like crazy to keep his client employed.  I'm not fond of her singing but at least she is somewhat competent in that field.  I think she should just stick to that and leave the acting to those who know how to make their performances believable.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I wish I knew the reason that they have for keeping Tessa on the show.  In watching today's episode during her scene with Abby I couldn't believe how bad the acting was. I have to say I wouldn't give the actress playing Abby a whole lot of credit for being a good actress but the one playing Tessa is just pathetic.  

She must have a heck of a good manager who works like crazy to keep his client employed.  I'm not fond of her singing but at least she is somewhat competent in that field.  I think she should just stick to that and leave the acting to those who know how to make their performances believable.  

@J Town Girl  I've always wondered too why they've kept her around. Her story lines have always been marginal and at this point she's completely superfluous. I guess she always has been but it's become very glaring over the past year or so. That said, I often wonder why they keep so many of the characters they've tried and tried to make relevant and just can't.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I tuned in recently to check things out and the thing that struck me was exactly where are the YOUNG and the RESTLESS? This cast has got to skew among the oldest casts on daytime. Most of those featured prominently have to be in their 40's with many of them in their 50's or older. The only 'next generation' to have been featured seems to have been Kyle and Summer and they have apparently been cut loose. I guess there are a few thirty somethings but they really aren't 'major' players and the twenty somethings seem non-existent. As for the teen set and the kiddies, well, they're better skipped altogether.

Esteemed Contributor

Where's Mariah? Where's Mariah?download.jpeg.jpg

Ask Stitch or follow him, think he was the last to see her in

the park too. He's up to something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees  About Mariah... Who cares... Another one who's brought nothing meaningful to the show and who's never actually had a worthwhile story line... I'd like to see them pare down this cast and then, were the writers and casting director capable of it, which they aren't, bring in some new, interesting characters and some fresh, attractive, new talent... This show continues to be moribund and is weighted down by the same tired characters who've already done it all at least twice... It's time for some of them to go or to at least be put on the back burner indefinitely...

Honored Contributor

So is Genoa City in Wisconsin....the hub now for billionaires and music icons?  Is that why Tera is still there?

These people are all muchers.

I have 2 nieces who live in Appleton Wisconsin...I need to call and get them over to to Genoa City immediately.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66   I have driven through Genoa City, Wisconsin.  It is a very small town with a population of about 3,000 people.  There is maybe one home worth over 1 million dollars.  It appears to be primarily an agricultural community.  I would imagine the most lucrative retail activity takes place at the store that sells "Young and the Restless" t-shirts and tchotchkes.  And a clever entrepreneur would open a coffee shop named "Crimson Lights".

Respected Contributor

I have to wonder why so many adults in GC are excited about the teenage romance between Moses and Faith.  They are like 16 years of age and yet everyone is just gaga over these kids having their first crush.    I'm so tired of hearing about how cute they are together.  

We have Sharon, Rey, Nate, Elena, Lily and Devon all offering their advice to these two kids like they are contemplating marriage.  I remember being 16 years of age and my parents never knew about my crushes which usually changed from week to week and were almost all unrequited.  They never sat around and gave me advice as to how I could make someone like me.  

These teenage stories are tiresome and actually very boring.  Do the writers really think that young people sit and watch Y&R?   

I'm not a big fan of Faith and I really dislike the character of Moses.   He's actually very dull and comes across as a goody goody.  Not that he should be a bad kid but I would like to see him a little more of a normal teenager and not one who is planning his entire life before he even steps one foot in college.

Esteemed Contributor

Who kidnapped Mariah - and why...?

Could it be Stitch?  Could he be just as wacked as his evil offspring?  If not, why did they bring him back?