Honored Contributor

Re: Young & Restless- July 2021

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So is Genoa City in Wisconsin....the hub now for billionaires and music icons?  Is that why Tera is still there?

These people are all muchers.

I have 2 nieces who live in Appleton Wisconsin...I need to call and get them over to to Genoa City immediately.

I'm not terribly far from your nieces @Annabellethecat66 but I love that the show takes place in Wisconsin. I pictured something south of Milwaukee with a population over 100,000. Not many shows are set in our state. My guess is the kidnapping has something to do with Abby's husband. Isn't he in the CIA or something top secret?

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I have to wonder why so many adults in GC are excited about the teenage romance between Moses and Faith.  They are like 16 years of age and yet everyone is just gaga over these kids having their first crush.    I'm so tired of hearing about how cute they are together.  

We have Sharon, Rey, Nate, Elena, Lily and Devon all offering their advice to these two kids like they are contemplating marriage.  I remember being 16 years of age and my parents never knew about my crushes which usually changed from week to week and were almost all unrequited.  They never sat around and gave me advice as to how I could make someone like me.  

These teenage stories are tiresome and actually very boring.  Do the writers really think that young people sit and watch Y&R?   

I'm not a big fan of Faith and I really dislike the character of Moses.   He's actually very dull and comes across as a goody goody.  Not that he should be a bad kid but I would like to see him a little more of a normal teenager and not one who is planning his entire life before he even steps one foot in college.

@J Town Girl  To answer your question, it's another agenda driven story line... Once they put it out there the characters have to appear to be excited about it... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Is there anyone in this town that has not been held hostage ? or had there baby kidnapped (now the surrogate)

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Is there anyone in this town that has not been held hostage ? or had there baby kidnapped (now the surrogate)

Oh yes, I think abductions have now become soaps latest staple. I've lost track of how many people have now been held in the DiMera basement (or elsewhere) over on DOOL... Thomas was recently caged on B&B and on and on it goes... Lazy writing...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Oh yes, I think abductions have now become soaps latest staple. I've lost track of how many people have now been held in the DiMera basement (or elsewhere) over on DOOL... Thomas was recently caged on B&B and on and on it goes... Lazy writing...

I remember when Victor put Julia's (his first wife) boyfriend in a cage in the basement. He never spent a day in jail for it either. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I remember when Victor put Julia's (his first wife) boyfriend in a cage in the basement. He never spent a day in jail for it either. LOL

Hi @Trinity11. Victor is Teflon, don't ya know... Smiley Happy Didn't he kidnap Julia as well or lock her up or something along those lines?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Hi @Trinity11. Victor is Teflon, don't ya know... Smiley Happy Didn't he kidnap Julia as well or lock her up or something along those lines?

Yes, if I remember correctly, he was controlling and a villain when he initially was on the show. I think his contract was supposed to be for only a few months, in fact @stevieb .

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I think you're right. I believe he's said he was brought on for a short story line and the rest, I guess, is history... Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm so sick of Phyllis and Billy. Ugh. He's acting like he is so caring and wonderful. The two of them are looking for dirt on people and they need to just look in the mirror.She cares about Jack so much,so that's why she had an affair with his brother. Summer and Billy can be forgiven, but not Sally. Sally has not done half the things that these people have done. Why doesn't Lilly the wonderful mother ever mention her kids or see them? 

Honored Contributor

Still not sure about Ashland. He seems to care about Victoria, but it could all be a devious scheme.