Esteemed Contributor

Re: Young & Restless April 2021 & May 2021

Another whiny, feel sorry for Abby episode. She is nothing

without a man to cling onto. Chance this, Chance that, sick

of her rambling on like an idiot that can't have a life without

Chance.

By the way with that horrible feathery jacket she looked like

female version of Elton John and taller than tall, like she was

walking on stilts under that glittery pantsuit.

Esteemed Contributor

Here we go again. Another episode coming to remember Neil.

Because now we have the ever wonderful Moses added to

the family and we have to fill him in on everything Neil.

Screenshot_20210519-210345.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

Here we go again. Another episode coming to remember Neil.

Because now we have the ever wonderful Moses added to

the family and we have to fill him in on everything Neil.

Screenshot_20210519-210345.jpg

Now this is just gratuitous and frankly, stupid. Seems to me they've already done at least two 'special' episodes. Are they also going to pay tribute to Jeanne Cooper, whose portrayal of Katherine Chancellor meant more to this soap than pretty much anyone else. Shaking my head. Just another reason I'm glad I wrote this one off.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On some soap operas, a person with a few cuts and bruises is hospitalized for weeks. Just happened with Ciara on DOOL. On this show, they donated and received a kidney with only one day to recuperate. Adam even carried his duffle bag into his home when he strolled in the next day. So unbelievable!

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  I agree.  I also thought it was so ridiculous  that right after Faith had her surgery she was only in a regular hospital room and anyone could just walk in to visit her.  

I imagine a kidney recipient would be in intensive care with only one of two family members being able to visit.  The patient would have to be isolated to protect them from getting any infection and to monitor them for any signs of the kidney being rejected.

I especially love that Moses can just wander in and out.  He's not a family member and yet he is always spending time with her.   It's so silly that someone from a family as prominent as the Newman's only has one friend.  In real life Faith would most likely be a very popular girl.  

Tessa who came into town with not much more than the clothes on her back became popular almost immediately and was instantly invited into the social scene but Faith who is Victor Newman's granddaughter can't find any friends except Moses.

Valued Contributor

I had a kidney removed last year..I was back home inn my own bed in 23 hours.

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere that Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) has gotten the axe again.  I haven't watched in so long, I don't know if he's been on recently or not.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't catch the whole show today 'cause Eddy was having his procedure.

I did like seeing Phyllis act like a Mama Bear and also how Jack talked to that little boy, Harrison.  Of course Kyle just acted weird - what else is new Woman LOL.

Hope the writers keep improving, even if it's a ;ittle at a time!

Haven't seen Paul for ages, @aubnwa01 .  Think you're right!

Honored Contributor

The few new characters brought on board might help, but this show needs a serious infusion of new talent and new characters. Tuned in again but tuned out quickly. So tired of seeing the same old faces in, more or less, the same old situations. One of the way soaps stay fresh is by adding and deleting characters when it makes sense to do so. 

As for Paul, yes, it seems every so often he's let go, then he and Victor whine and he's brought back, given a half baked minor story line for a few weeks, disappears and then is let go again down the road. As far as I'm cocerned, he's one that could have been deleted long ago and not missed. The Paul character really has added nothing to the show for many years. And while some of that has to do with the writing, some of it has to do with the reality that sometimes characters simply have run their course.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I'm already tired of Tara and Harrison. This storyline really is another boring waste of time.