Respected Contributor

Re: 🎀🎄🎁🌲🎀 - Young & Restless 12/20

Since the new Chance right now is actually Abby's husband in real life, it must have really romantic for them to do the scenes. I saw him tear up once and his lip quivered a little. That showed me how much he took the scene at heart. I hope he stays as he just seems to fit better. 

I do like the other Chance and hope he will be recovering from all this soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agreed @MKR14, wish they'd keep this Chance for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it's nice to see couples who are supposed to be young and in love actually act like they're young and in love... Being married, these two don't have to stand across the room from each other and pretend to hug or kiss...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

So, unfortunately, today was more or less back to business as usual, which is to say boring as heck... Glad Kyle and Summer have patched things up, but it hardly makes for compelling viewing... If Abby and Chance's love shack was supposed to be humorous, it was cute, you know, for about thirty seconds...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So, unfortunately, today was more or less back to business as usual, which is to say boring as heck... Glad Kyle and Summer have patched things up, but it hardly makes for compelling viewing... If Abby and Chance's love shack was supposed to be humorous, it was cute, you know, for about thirty seconds...

@stevieb  Yes, I think we need a break from Abby for a bit now. When she

walked out at near the end of the show in her lingerie/robe I thought she

was going to pop out of her skimpy top. Funny thing was she and Chance

were talking about the mattress popping! And everyone talking about

them starting a family and babies, babies, babies. Give it a rest. Next

month or so, she will be frustrated with, why aren't we pregnant yet?

Honored Contributor

@threecees  All the talk of babies and starting a family are leading right into my prediction, which is that Abby will learn she can't have children as a result of her tumble down the stairs last time she was pregnanat and then BAM, instant marital problems... Shady adoptions, iffy surrogates, fake paternity tests, one or both of them seeking solace with other partners, and on and on and on...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb Yes, lots of baby drama to come. I do remember Stitch's evil

little son from several years ago tripping Abby down a few stairs. There

will be tears for days soon and the fairy tale marriage will turn into a

nightmare and even Daddy won't be able to help her.

Mariah could save the day and be a surrogate since she is her best girl

friend and has nothing to do since she is not handing a guitar to Tessa

or sitting on Sharon's couch ready to pop popcorn and watch a movie.

Respected Contributor

Or, Abby will find out she can't have kids & sleep with someone else & end up pregnant & we'll have a Who's The Baby-Daddy scenario, which soaps seem to love to do.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@stevieb Yes, lots of baby drama to come. I do remember Stitch's evil

little son from several years ago tripping Abby down a few stairs. There

will be tears for days soon and the fairy tale marriage will turn into a

nightmare and even Daddy won't be able to help her.

Mariah could save the day and be a surrogate since she is her best girl

friend and has nothing to do since she is not handing a guitar to Tessa

or sitting on Sharon's couch ready to pop popcorn and watch a movie.

@threecees  Oh my yes, poor dear Mariah... They've pulled every punch they can to try to make her relevant and you know, she still really isn't...

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I, too, thought it very strange that Summer didn't show up.  Also was surprised that Billy-Boy did!

I, unlike many, can't wait for the other Chance to return.  This one doesn't fit the bill for me.

Anyways, very glad to see three days of the wedding over and done with!

I agree with you about waiting for the other Chance to return.............i like Abby's real husband and another role maybe for him....but he is a bit "stiff" to me...I like the actor who plays Chance now and wish him well.............

And i agree about the wedding...it seems to go on forever and the dramatics with Abby were way overboard.    It seems these days that the Abbots are just visitors on the set....Jack, Ashley, Traci.........they stop in quickly and those brilliant writer minds at Y & R can't come up with ANY actual storylines for them.....it seems the writers must all be in their 20's because they can't seem to relate to older actors having  NEW  relationships

or ANY drama in their lives..........................

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17  Well, the head writer is no twenty-something, so he ought to be providing some guidance but apparently he's out of his depth too. It seems they can only come up with very short story arcs that are semi-interesting, like the families uniting for this wedding. Otherwise, the stories go on for-freaking-ever, are poorly developed and lack interest almost from the start. The writing just isn't working and it hasn't been for a very long time, and despite changes in writers too numerous to mention. For me, and certainly others may feel differently, this show is just irretrievably broken and I don't think it can be fixed, certainly not by those in charge now.