Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŽ€ - Young & Restless 12/20

[ Edited ]

@threecees  Had really hoped the Abby character would evolve a good bit more over time but she hasn't. As mentioned before, I don't know if it's the actress's limitations, bad writing or inadequate direction, probably all three, but the character has not grown very much. Unlike some other soaps that go in and cut the cord, Y&R doesn't tend to recast unless someone opts out, but I wonder if this role woudn't be ripe for a recast were it another show. She's a pretty young woman and sometimes shows sparks of breaking out of the mostly bland character, but one wonders if she's got the right stuff to make this role important.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Went through my DVR of Y & R this week....and all i can say is Y&R should now be called ......THE BILLY SHOW............I can't get over the amount of air time 

Jason Thompson has received in the last two years...........

there has GOTTA be a reason..........can't believe he is a fan favorite....not the greatest actor..............he just comes off as obnoxious............not the best looking actor...............

WHAT IS IT?? They have made his character so OBNOXIOUS that watching him on the screen is painful....i just fast forward...........so sick of his "poor me"

attitude....and he just can't seem to keep it in his pants either....ugh.  Why is he the subject of almost ALL the storylines in one way or another?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17  No idea why they push Billy so hard. I wonder if they see him as some great actor and hence all the screen time. First of all, he's a decent actor, but nothing special and certainly nothing great to look at. On top of that his character is far more than merely 'flawed, he's not at all sympathetic and is completely unlikable, so no, I don't want to see him at all much less have him foisted out there upon me every blessed day. I tend to fast forward through his scenes, and pairing him with Lily isn't doing either of them any favors as far as piquing my interest. When the two of them are together, it's a definite fast forward event. I'd wish they'd send Jason Thompson back to General Hospital but I'm sort of watching that one now, and prefer not to have to look at him at all. Maybe Days of Our LIves.

Super Contributor

I wish someone would (again) remind Billy that he is the one that left Delia in the car alone while he got ice cream.

Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@threecees  They could do so much with Abby if they'd stop writing her like a bimbo. So agree, the constant giggling and giddy persona is going nowhere. If the actress is up to it, Abby could be a sophisticated lady and a force with which to be reckoned.

Some thing about Abby's giggle- it sounds nasal.

Also, the actress that plays Lily, sometimes when she says her lines, she smiles and speaks at the same time.

Honored Contributor

I thought the whole scenario with Chance and Abby at that honeymoon spot was stupid.

I fast forwarded over it every time they were busy getting busy.  There was no way the Abby we used to know would have been happy...really happy honeymooning in that place.

I hate it when these writers change the personality of a character we are familiar with and totally turn them around where the viewer is like...."where is Abby...what did you do with her".

It's not like she's my favorite character, I just don't like change.

Sometimes I think these writers forget that we see these characters 5 times a week for one hour.  Many of us have watched the show since the beginning.

I stopped watching B&B when Wayne Brady (whom I like on his game show) was a Dr who was switching babies or something along those lines.

I'd watched this show from the beginning....and I just stopped watching it (B&B I'm talking about).

With that in mind...I don't know why Sally Specter left B&B.  Tell me B&B viewers was it written into that show why she left there to come to Y&R....or are the B&B viewers just as confused as I am?

I guess they had to find a B girl because suddenly they're making Phyllis seem like Mother Teresa and/or a 15 year old school girl with her 'feelings' constantly getting hurt by Victoria....boo hoo!

I remember the Y&R way back.  It was one battle after another battle.  We almost needded to make a chart to keep everyone straight.

Changing that subject.  Wouldn't you think the Keystone Kops would put two and two together and realize with all of these clues leading to Billy Boy, it's a little too easy to charge him?  I mean I'm not the brightest light bulb and I'm thinking, "It's almost as if they left a picture of Billy at the scene holding the gun".

I did notice the characters are getting closer together these days.  I guess they're working with fewer cameras than they were when they first came back after Covid.

Respected Contributor

I've tried but I just can't get interested again.  There is truly no storyline I care about.  This new Sally doesn't hold a candle in personality to her namesake!  The old Sally was a lot of fun.  The soaps today just don't know how to do fun characters anymore.

I haven't liked Billy for years.  They last time I liked him was like 2 actors ago!  This guy was fine on General Hospital, but unfortunatley when he came to Y and R, the writers decided to take Billy a more serious (unlikeable) direction.  The worst was having him have an affair with Jack's wife.  And pairing him with Lily does neither of them a favor.  Lily is dull on a good day.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18  Agree all around. Essentially, the show is terrible and I, for one, am hanging on by the skin of my chinny chin chin... The real... the original... Sally Spectra was a force of nature... This girl started out as sort of interesting way back when on Bold and Beautiful, but once again, those writers and now these writers have opted to take her down the 'unlikable' path, as though there aren't already enough unlikeable characters. Not only that, but her acting isn't the best... She sort of overdoes all her gestures, facial expressions and other 'business'...

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

I wish someone would (again) remind Billy that he is the one that left Delia in the car alone while he got ice cream.

@Lucky Dog  Isn't that the truth... The weasel has never accepted his own culpability in what happened to his daughter... 

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like Theo's out......  Granted they do need to reduce the herd.  But do they?  NO!

...which leads to my question:  Who is Alyssa?  I don't remember ever seeing this character.  And, why would she be out to get Billy-Boy?