Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ Young & Restless - 11/20 ๐Ÿ๐ŸŸ ๐ŸŒป

[ Edited ]

I had really hoped way back when that upon Dina's return they'd have gone in a very different direction. I've long felt that since Kay Chancellor's death the show needed a grand dame sort of matriarch and Dina could have filled that void quite nicely. I too am sorry they wrote her out and felt the whole dementia storyline, public service fodder that it might have been, was a waste of Marla Adam's presence and talent. I also understand that at 82 she might not have been interested in a more challenging role.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Theo got screwed again but he's up to something. I suppose they're going to let him go out with a bang. When it gets right down to it, why would Dina leave her son nothing more than a pen... Why would Stewart Brooks have left Dina a pen... Maybe more to this... You know, it would have only been right had the Abbott elders thrown Theo a bone and offered him a portion of their take, you know, in addition to sitting around talking about all the good they can do donating Dina's money... Kyle really does need a kick in the seat... Even if Theo turns out to be the devil himself, his behavior in what should be dignified situations is just awful... 

Respected Contributor

So, if Theo hadn't rolled into town, would the Abbotts have found out that Dina had had a love child with Stuart Brooks at the reading of her will?  That could've been a big shocker!

Honored Contributor

I thought Traci explained the pen as just something to remember Dina by because she was not legally capable of changing her will to include the newest family member. Wish they had done a classier send off for her with some flashbacks and other citizens of GC..

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I thought Traci explained the pen as just something to remember Dina by because she was not legally capable of changing her will to include the newest family member. Wish they had done a classier send off for her with some flashbacks and other citizens of GC..

@AuntG  The point being that Dina apparently knew she had a son and chose to leave him merely a pen even before she was no longer able to change her will... Who leaves their first born son, illegitimate or not, a pen... The pen was not left or given to Theo, it was left to his father and since his father is deceased, it went to him. 

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

So, if Theo hadn't rolled into town, would the Abbotts have found out that Dina had had a love child with Stuart Brooks at the reading of her will?  That could've been a big shocker!

@aubnwa01  I think there's some dicey writing going on here... Theo being discovered as Dina's long last grandson happened once she was pretty far gone... I seem to remember that the Abbotts had to do a fair amount of detective work to unearth the fact that Dina had a son with Stewart Brooks and that a good part of the story was told to them by a third party... If that's the case, then Dina's leaving Theo's father the pen when she drafted her will would seem sort of odd, since as far as we know, she never even acknowledged having the kid until her dementia was pretty far along and she was more or less presented with Theo...

Honored Contributor

And it appears Sally, who was so likable for most of her B&B stint, but so far is a bit annoying here, will be the one to give Summer a run for her money in the Kyle sweepstakes... If you call him a prize...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I think there's something about the pen.  I just can't help but think there's something more to it.  OK, I WISH there'd be something more to it....

SLAP! (did you hear that sound)?  That was the sound of something hitting me upside the head saying, "Annabell, you dumb twert.  When are you going to learn? Annabelle....remember the whole thing will Jill and Katherine giving her the music box or whatever it was?  Remember how long and drawn out that mess was?  Remember, Annabelle, that it went on for months BEFORE we found out (by the way, it was forgettable because I don't even remember).

I was really hoping that she'd leave everything to Theo saying the other's had plenty.  I know, when she wrote the will Theo was an unknown.  That's just these dumb A&& writers backtracking the story line.

I cannot stand Kyle...can't stand the facial expressions.  I've come to think of him and his facial expressions, the way I do with Sharon...when the camera comes in close after she's said something...the camera comes in close and we can see her eyes...in my head I hear the da da da dum....

I HATE (wow!  I use that word a lot when discussing the soaps) how these writers have made Jackie out to be so holy, I expect any day he'll come out wearing long robes and he's joined a monastery....I liked him much better when he had an edge to him...

We are supposed to believe that an attractive, slim, very rich guy hasn't had any 'lovin' in what?  A year or more, two years maybe?  Would not happen.  I think I'd believe in Unicorns before I'd believe that a male could go that long (one with his credentials).  They just aren't made that way.

I'm on a role here...bare with me people...So Chance and Abby are trying (very hard I might add) for her to get pregnant.  They just want to have a baby...(well..she'll produce the kid .... he just provides something).

They don't even talk about getting engaged.  Not that that's important these days.  Many times it's something people say who are having a baby.  They never seem to get around to getting married, so I guess it isn't important.

It's a good thing soaps are supposed to be for adults because the message they're sending is one which most of Hollywood sends.  That is..."Have a kid, then kinda say we're engaged...but don't get married.."

If people are so much in love I would think they'd want to commit to each other.  (This is me coming from a mom who was married 6 times to 3 men).  Figure it out.

Boy!  Am I off track!  Do you guys realize we've come to the point with this soap that they want us to care about why Chelsea is shut up in a room with nothing, not even a toilet or toilet paper.

Those who don't care...raise your hand!  I wish Adam would take a hard left to Hell and stay there.  Phew!  That was harsh...good thing I'm talking about fictitious characters...heh heh!

I'll close for now...thanks for letting me vent.  I've wanted to say this for sometime but...well...didn't have time.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I too wondered if there were something more to the pen than meets the eye... Either way, it appears Theo is going to be up to something... Agree about Kyle, he's burned his bridges in the annoying department... As for Adam, still hoping they pull him together, but yea, he's become annoying and as for Chelsea, hope they've at least given her a chamber pot... As for Abby and Chance, don't find them interesting, either together or on their own... Right up there with Kevin and Chloe, who I wish they'd unload...

Esteemed Contributor

Got pre-empted again, but from watching the previews looks like Chance won't be around much longer either.  Bet Chance meets his demiise saving Adam's life and, of course, his 'bride-to-be" will be with child.

I'd much prefer Theo and Chance over Kyle - really sick of Kyle!