Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ Young & Restless - 11/20 ๐Ÿ๐ŸŸ ๐ŸŒป

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Count me as a fan of the show. I always look forward to the sets being decorated for Christmas. Yes, some stories bother me, specifically Kyle and Summer's break up. 

I agree the Kyle and Summer bust-up is unfortunate and, worse yet, inexplicable. Talk about a forced story. If ever there was fake drama right out of left field this is it. They had to really stretch to come up with this complication.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Now that the character "Sally" has been transplanted to Y&R, I might start watching.

Esteemed Contributor

I think if the writers had done a better job of Theo's role in Y & R he wouldn't have been a bad addition......maybe make him a good guy...........they love to make these characters GOOD/BAD  ( Theo, Adam, Kyle at one point,

Billy UGH not sure he can be redeemed at this point at all.....)...........I am trying to hang in there with this show....

it is just these days the storylines are ALL repeats ....you could have not watched for 2 years and come back and seen the almost exact drama situations going on.......

Kyle/Summer, Kyle/Lola, then Kyle/Summer marry, then back to Kyle/Lola....then Kyle/Summer ....now back to Lola?? really??

Adam/good, Adam/bad, Adam/good, Adam/bad.....on and on...........also Adam/Sharon, Adam/ Chelsea, Adam/Sharon, Adam/Chelsea.........Nick/Sharon, Nick/Phyllis, Nick/Sharon, Nick/Phyllis......

Billy revenge Adam.....too many times to mention...

Honored Contributor

Those of you from ummm .....maybe a few years back will remember how terribly wrong I am when it comes to predictions....especially with soaps!

But I never learn...I have some predictions...I think Dina will leave most if not all of her money to Theo.

I wonder who grabbed Chelsea, it was someone she immediately recognized!  So I guess the kidnapper remembered to bring her purse and phone because when Chance called her phone, it didnโ€™t ring in the house.

I hope Sally shakes up some things in Genoa City!  Maybe some romance for Jack.  Iโ€™m tired of seeing him walk around like a lost puppy.

I donโ€™t have any affection for Adam.  Iโ€™m tired of his whining too.  Those writers keep flipping back and forth about Adamโ€™s โ€œgood boy/bad boy personality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  I've about had it with the chip on Adam's shoulder too. His 'poor me' act has gotten very old... As for Sally, she's too young for Jack... Please, give the girl a break!!  Maybe Jack can reconcile with Gloria, but at 31, the Sally actress deserves more than a 66 year old whose been around the block as many times as has Jacky boy... On the other hand, stranger things have happened... I too have been thinking Dina left Theo a bundle... It appears enough for him to head out of Genoa City and start over elsewhere with a bankroll... We should all be so lucky... At least he'll be rid of Constipated Kyle...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I think if the writers had done a better job of Theo's role in Y & R he wouldn't have been a bad addition......maybe make him a good guy...........they love to make these characters GOOD/BAD  ( Theo, Adam, Kyle at one point,

Billy UGH not sure he can be redeemed at this point at all.....)...........I am trying to hang in there with this show....

it is just these days the storylines are ALL repeats ....you could have not watched for 2 years and come back and seen the almost exact drama situations going on.......

Kyle/Summer, Kyle/Lola, then Kyle/Summer marry, then back to Kyle/Lola....then Kyle/Summer ....now back to Lola?? really??

Adam/good, Adam/bad, Adam/good, Adam/bad.....on and on...........also Adam/Sharon, Adam/ Chelsea, Adam/Sharon, Adam/Chelsea.........Nick/Sharon, Nick/Phyllis, Nick/Sharon, Nick/Phyllis......

Billy revenge Adam.....too many times to mention...

@kelsey17  Completely agree with you... It's like an endless game of musical story lines and endless characters that they bring in, use for the short term and then jettison because they have no capacity for long-term character development. Instead, they keep spinning the same stale plot devices over and over rotating them among the same tired group of characters... I hope they make good use of the new Sally Spectra character, but I have my doubts that they'll know what to do with her either... Agree with you about Theo, there was potential there, but they were clueless how to tap into it... They keep characters around forever who are utterly boring and unlikable and they keep writing tired story for them but send new characters with potential packing, and this show sorely needs some new characters... 

Super Contributor

The other day I read that Theo was leaving.....can't remember what site but I haven't seen it since.

Respected Contributor

As for a romance for Jack, perhaps the returning Nina would be more his age, at least closer than Sally!

Not liking the writers making Adam appear psychotic, give me a break.  Seems a kidnapping was coming one way or another.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats  I don't know what's up with Adam, but it seems like they're always trying for big impact story lines that fall short. The key to soaps was always that they weren't always about knock your socks off stories, but more about the day to day life and complications of characters the audience grew to care about, either positively or negatively. Wham-bam stories are fine as occasional fare, but are really more suited to hour long prime time dramas with a beginning and an end and for movies. It seems like today's soap writers really want to be doing something else and the audience is paying the price with sub-par programs.

Super Contributor

I don't usually comment about the appearance of the actors, I'm no model myself, but I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday show when Victoria met Nick and Phyllis at  Society, HOLY MACKERAL!! I have NEVER seen Victoria's hair look so tacky! I don't know what happened to it, but it was the worst I've ever seen on her.She is a pretty gal, I wish she would do something with that mop. I FF through all of the Elena, Devon, Theo, Lola mess. No time for that nonsense. I think Sharon's marriage to Rey will last as long as a snowflake in, well, you know. Not caring for the storyline on Faith, don't like her friends bullying her. As far as Sally Spectra, send her packing....there are enough characters on the show that rarely get a line or two a week. Still don't like Nick and Phyllis together, she is toxic, and acts so stupid for someone in her 50's.I will miss Dina, I think they made a mistake killing her off, in my opiniion, she added to the show.