Honored Contributor

Re: ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ Young & Restless - 11/20 ๐Ÿ๐ŸŸ ๐ŸŒป

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats wrote:

Thank you for all the updates stevieb....I know it takes time and I appreciate your efforts to keep us informed and guessing. Cat Wink

You're welcome @kindred cats. I've been with this show for a long time and while it's virtual collapse is unfortunate, I'd like to see it take off again. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Stupid observation from me.  On the table behind Adam's couch, sometimes there is a pitcher of water and glass set, other times, it is a coffee pot with mugs set, other times, it's a decanter with liquor and glasses set.

Also, why does Jack always wear a tie and jacket at home?

Interesting about Adam's place, especially since he wouldn't appear to have 'help' in changing out his little beverage area... Smiley Very Happy

As for Jack, I don't know. I guess at this point he's become one of the show's 'senior statemen' but Jack Abbott was never as pompous as this man has become... I mean, most of us grow a bit less coarse as we age, but his transformation into a complete stuffed shirt has become rather glaring... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Count me as a fan of the show. I always look forward to the sets being decorated for Christmas. Yes, some stories bother me, specifically Kyle and Summer's break up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The end of poor Dina reached an all time low for this show... First, she kicks the bucket while sitting up in a chair in the living room... Then, there's a memorial service but apparently no one attends it and no one sees it, then the reception is attended by no one but family, who stand around fake dancing in an empty restaurant... The whole thing played out stiff as a board, or, well, not to put too fine a point on it, but as stiff as poor Dina herself... Social distancing or not, this was incredibly bad. Along with lousy writing and questionable casting it looks like we can now add rotten directing to the list of this show's problems. Take a lesson from General Hospital, where one of their major characters recently passed on and yet they somehow managed to have him in a bed, surrounded by family. They also gave him an actual memorial service, attended by many and a reception that didn't see family members pretending they were at a party... The only nice thing I could say about the 'reception' is that at least we didn't have to witness Devon's pomposity or  Elena's grimace, though Kyle and his hang dog look were front and center... I never thought I'd see this show hit such rock bottom...

Honored Contributor

I've finally figured out who Kyle reminds me of... Anybody remember Bob's Big Boy? All he needs is a pair of red checked overalls...

Amazon.com: POP! AD Icons: Bob's Big Boy - Bob (New Pose) Vinyl Figure:  Toys & Games

Bob's Big Boy Restaurant with Big Boy Pop! Town

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

Well at least Theo will be disappearing soon. Can't stand him.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/comings-and-goings/583051/young-restless-tyler... 

Not surprising. Yet another character they brought in, used sparingly and ultimately didn't know what to do with... At the end of the day, it always boils down to ineffective character development and bad writing...

Respected Contributor

Guess it shouldn't be surprising to lose Theo...he was like a bad apple in the basket.  However, if I was him, I may feel like I was used and tossed away.

He sort of reminds me of Adam Lambert in looks...ha!  So I tried to like him.  More eyeliner please!

stevieb, you got Kyle so right!!!  He looks just like Bob...hahaha!

Respected Contributor

If they decide to recast the role of Theo, I hope they find someone who looks a bit less Wolfman-ish.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

If they decide to recast the role of Theo, I hope they find someone who looks a bit less Wolfman-ish.

Sort of have to agree, but then casting has been pretty marginal on CBS soaps for years... There have been exceptions, but not many in recent memory...