Honored Contributor

Young Wallander On Netflix

[ Edited ]

This a Swedish detective series (six episodes),  it is referred to as a prequel, so I'm guessing there is a Wallander."Retracing the beloved Swedish detective's first steps in a murder investigation". I have watched two episodes so far, it's good.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Young Wallander On Netflix

There was a series called Wallender starring Kenneth Branagh. I watched it a while ago on PBS. They were all based on a series of novels - I read them all (translated into English). The novels were great, as was the series I watched. Young Wallender is on my watch listSmiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

It sounds good.  I added it to my watchlist.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm adding it to my list too, thanks everyone, I was wondering if I should  watch it and you convinced me I should.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I watched all the episodes shown on my PBS when the main character Wallander was Krister Henrikksson, as an adult.  There were 30 + episodes.   It was spoken in Swedish and I think most episodes filmed in Sweden., but English sub titles.  One of my favorite stories.  Took him from young man to older, retired detective.

Respected Contributor

DH was just talking to me about wanting to watch this.  He had read that it was good.  Nice to read it here, too.

Respected Contributor

I had the privilege of going to a luncheon where Rebecca Eaton, Executive Producer, Masterpiece Theater was the speaker.  Someone asked her who her two favorite stars were that have appeared in productions on Masterpiece.  She said without hesitation Kenneth Branagh and Helen Mirren.  She said when Masterpiece viewers dipped: Kenneth Branagh came in and did 4 seasons of Wallander. And Helen Mirren did 7 seasons of Prime Suspect.  Their series were so popular with viewers that Masterpiece viewing numbers were always rejuvenated.

Trusted Contributor

Culebra - lucky youSmiley Happy And not surprise as Wallender and Prime Suspect were so excellent. “Mystery” on PBS - one of my favorite programs ever !
Honored Contributor

I finished the show today, although I liked it, I wasn't crazy about the ending. I enjoy series that are only six episodes instead of eight or ten. I like to watch quickly, finish, and move on to the next one up!

Valued Contributor

I've read all the books and have seen the series with Kenneth ~ I didn't even know this one existed. Off to Netflix to check it out.