Respected Contributor

I like it.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I coud do without Bernadette. I don't watch BB when it's about her pregnancy or baby.

Young Sheldon has possibilities, it's not all that now but the actor playing him is.

@occasionalrain  LOL  I can't understand Bernadette when she speaks. 

I do miss Mrs. Wolowitz, though.  "Who's there? Are you a sex criminal?" ROTFL!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  What characters have they created?

Also, once on TBBT, Mary Cooper was talking about Sheldon growing up and saying that they didn't know anything about any spectrum that Sheldon might be on, so they did touch on it once. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick

I have watched TBBT since it started Sheldon has a sister, an older brother is never mentioned, he is a god fearing Mother and his dad is never mentioned

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@MamaWick

I have watched TBBT since it started Sheldon has a sister, an older brother is never mentioned, he is a god fearing Mother and his dad is never mentioned

@I am still oxox@MamaWick

Sheldon does have an older brother on BBT.  George Cooper Jr.

Mary Cooper said Sheldon got all the brains and the other TWO children were as dumb as soup.

Sheldon also showed Amy a golf ball his brother threw at him when they were kids-the episode with Sheldon and Amy at the storage unit.

Sheldon also said that his sister (Missy) and his brother were idiots if I remember the insult correctly.

The brother has been mentioned in many episodes.

Honored Contributor

Sheldon's father is mentioned, too.  Mary Cooper said she used to put hamster poop in his whiskey when he was drunk.

His father was deceased by the time BBT started.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  Sheldon has indeed talked about his brother, his twin sister, his father, his Pop-Pop.  Of his father, he has mentioned he died when Sheldon was 14;  both he and his mother have mentioned that he (George, Sr)  was a very large man at his death, so I take that to mean the father we see on Young Sheldon will get even bigger within the next 5 years if the show lasts that long (Sheldon and Missy are 9, and Georgie is 14 in YS).  Sheldon has even talked many times about Billy Sparks and the chicken on TBBT, and that character is now in Young Sheldon. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I like it and hope the ratings continue to be good. Iain Armitage is such a talented young actor and is building quite an impressive resume at only nine years of age. He's worked with Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. On his newest film "The Glass Castle" he worked with Woody Harrelson, Brie Larson, and Naomi Watts to name a few. Oh, and he's also adorable! 

Related image

Last week was the perfect mix of comedy and thoughtfulness as little Sheldon attempted to reconcile scientific fact with his religious upbringing as he awaited news of his father's health following a heart attack. I think that's something a lot of people struggle with and I really enjoyed the episode.

Honored Contributor

I have watched one and only one episode.  I don't think the kid is good either, like some of you.  And, I could do without the "thoughtfulness" takes on religion.  That really kills the show for me.  

Respected Contributor

I like this show. The cast is good and Young Sheldon has very good timing with his lines for a kid. To me it is refreshing to see a funny show without sleazy jokes of any kind. Reminds me of the "good old days."