Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonMom 

Just an update.

I did this despite being a technological doofus Cat LOL

It's working.  Apparently, AdBlock was working until it just didn't. Cat LOL

Every now and then when I go to a site (not YouTube), a page will come up telling me that such and such is blocked because of something...but...it gives me the option of ignoring that and selecting "never notify about this page again."

Which, of course, I do.

Again, thanks for your help on this. I doubt I'd have ever figured it out.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@KingstonMom 

Just an update.

Every now and then when I go to a site (not YouTube), a page will come up telling me that such and such is blocked because of something...but...it gives me the option of ignoring that and selecting "never notify about this page again."

Which, of course, I do.

@Witchy Woman  Are you using AdBlock Plus???  If so, when you get that message on sites you really want to see/read, go into AdBlock Plus settings to allow ads when you are on that website.  When done, go back into the settings & turn it back on if you want or leave it like it is if you don't mind the ads.

Sample......ABP is blocking QVC ads on website & its message board reply window. 

To allow ads/pop ups, slide the blue buttons to the LEFT.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 2.04.12 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac 

No, I'm was using just AdBlock, which suddendly was being disallowed by YouTube.  If I'm watching an exercise video, I don't want constant ads interrupting the video.

The uBlockOrigin took care of the problem.

Regular Contributor

I've had AdBlock/AdBlock Plus installed for years on my pc and laptop. Not sure if it's even possible to block ads on TV apps, so I just make a game of seeing how quick I can "Skip Ads" when watching on my TV. Sites such as newspapers have been identifying ad blockers on pc/laptop for a long time. If I really wan't to view the page, I simply ujnblock tmeporarily, then turn the blocker back on when I'm done. 

Anyway, doesn't really surprise me that YouTube now identifies blockers and blocks content. I chose to simply turn my blocker off for YouTube and play my "game" there as well. Simply not worth it for me to risk having my account shut down due to breaking TOS. What I am unhappy about is the fact that the number of inserted ads seems to have increased dramatically, as well as the fact that YT can choose to insert ads even tho the YT'er has chosen not to have ads inserted within the video (thus reducing their own monetization.

As far as streaming goes...not a big fan anyway. I sometimes do bring up a video to listen to something I don't have (or am too lazy to play my copy of. As far as other streaming serivces go, I'm fine with the free versions that are available. I don't find it an advantage to pay when access is basicallly limited to whatever version they have the licensed rights to, which can change (and does!) at any time.