Honored Contributor

This is a movie on Netflix, has a great cast, Jonah Hill, Lauren London, Eddie Murphy, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Nia Long, David Duchovny, and more. "In this irreverent romantic comedy, families and cultures clash when two millennials from different backgrounds fall in love". I thought this was very good and enjoyed it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  My sister also recommended this to me recently!  Right now my husband & I are finishing season 3 of YOU.  I know I will certainly be ready for a comedy after this series!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this movie yesterday and thought it was cute.  It was good to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and great to see Eddie Murphy (love him!).  Not academy award material, but easy to watch entertainment.  

Esteemed Contributor

Watched it yesterday also..... you can tell it was released Friday.

It was basically a rom com that was entertaining ..... it is really hard to put a twist on that genre.

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2  I enjoyed it as well!  Light, silly, schticky - and just what I wanted to watch on a Friday night!

Respected Contributor

I didn't enjoy it. I found it too silly. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, I watched it last night and was cracking up, it was funny and the parents were hilarious they were so cringy!

Respected Contributor

Watched it, still not sure what to think. It was ok, good cast. If you just accept it as an out-there comedy it's fine. Nothing much got worked through by the families but, like I said, a comedy, with very loud rap and swearing. 

Honored Contributor

I tried watching but it wasn't my cup of tea. I'm bummed since I was looking forward to it. 

Frequent Contributor

I was hoping for a comedy, but this just didn't fit the bill for me. I didn't like anything about it and turned it off.