Honored Contributor

Re: Yet Another TV Show About the Jeffrey MacDonald Case

@Pearlee wrote:
@candyagainYou are so right about Gary Cole; I'm glad you mentioned him. For some reason, whenever I think of that show (which I agree was as great as the book) Malden's powerful, emotional performance and his persistence to get justice for Collette and the girls, immediately comes to mind.

@mousiegirl. Perhaps this new show is for a whole generation of people who may not even be aware of this case, let alone remember it well, as we on this thread do. Or perhaps it will argue for MacD's innocence with that woman in the big hat argument again. Whatever...Fatal Vision was one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. They shouldn't mess with perfection!

IMO Scott Peterson and Jeffrey MacD have a lot on common. 😔

@Pearlee   I wonder why the newer generation needs to know of this case, can't see any reason, surely they know that men do kill their wives, and sometimes their children.  I think if OJ's kids came outside during the murders, he probably would have killed them also.  You are right about Peterson and MacDonald, the worst of the worst..

Honored Contributor

Re: Yet Another TV Show About the Jeffrey MacDonald Case

@mousiegirl, Well maybe they don't need to know. I was merely speculating GB on why this is being made. On the other hand, it bbn is a famous American crime case in American history (as is the Sam Sheppard case and many other famous Anerican crimes). The Leopold / Loeb case still fascinates us from about a century ago.