Esteemed Contributor

How do you feel about this?  I see that they now have men as bridal consultants.  I don't mean Randy.  I mean the ones who actually go in to the dressing rooms and help the bride.

No way would I want that for my daughter or whoever.  I think it's creepy.   Your opinion?  Don't attack me!

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3I don't think it's creepy, but I do think the brides could/should have an option.  I know brides aren't in the fashion industry, but I think many women who have been would tell you there are men all over the backrooms as clothng is designed on real bodies and/or fitted for the runways.

then again, I'm someone who went to a female gynocologist once -  and I do mean once.  Now that felt creepy to me although she did absolutely nothing in any way different from the male doctors I've seen. 

Super Contributor

Yes - it is creepy and no way would I ever go to a male gyno - very creepy

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too about the show recently and wondered about it.  Does the male consultant help the bride with the dress when she only has on panties in the fitting room?  It does seem weird to me and I wouldn't be happy if it were my daughter.

Respected Contributor

I do have a very negative opinion of male consultants in bridal wear.  Randy is fine - he's a designer and very experienced in what he does.  Further, he does not remain in the dressing rooms with the women when they are changing as some of the others do. Perhaps it's the choice of males that I don't care for - not at all homophobic, but I just think some things are out of place, and to me, this is. I wouldn't tolerate it for myself, nor woud I like it for a daughter, granddaughter, etc.  (I feel the same about women in football so it's not all male bashing.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Yes to the Dress

[ Edited ]

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

Yes - it is creepy and no way would I ever go to a male gyno - very creepy

Until recently, the most in-demand gyno in my area was the only female gynocologist in the area.  Upon her retirement, her patients (of which I was one) were hoping that the remaining doctors in this specialty would be as proficient and understanding.  I have yet to visit the doctor I chose as her replacement. 

Since I got married in a silk blouse and a pair of jeans, I'm not sure how I would feel about a male assistant in my bridal changing room.  I would hope his professionalism in fitting and alterations would carry the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yes to the Dress

[ Edited ]

I think this should remain all female.  Just like the women’s changing room at swimming.  I have no problem with the sex of doctors and nurses.

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3  Yeah, I don't care for it either. However, I have seen several times when watching the brides leaving the dressing room, there was another lady in the room helping other than the main consultant.  I would feel better about it if there was a female helper in the room.

Esteemed Contributor

wonder what happened to the male consultant that had a hard time getting along with randy?!

Trusted Contributor

'm not liking the way this show is changing....maybe i'm old fashioned but....