Valued Contributor

I like Randy, but I am one of those that are kind of tired of the show.  I think it has run it's course.

MO is that if a male is in the fashion industry he won't be interested in the "female" client.  Not all males, but most.

The male consultant is there because he likes the industry and he has chosen that as his career path....just saying.

Esteemed Contributor

Very creepy as far as I am concerned ...... sorry guys👎👎

Trusted Contributor

I was a bridal salesperson many years ago.

The salesperson measured the bride in her underwear to get the correct size measurements (bust, waist, hip).

If I were the bride, no, I would want another woman doing these tasks.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with it at all because I think women have a right to be fire fighters, pro football players if they can cut it and fighter pilots.

If I believe that women have a right IF THEY CAN DO THE JOB, I have to give equal rights to men IF THEY CAN DO THE JOB.

Would you have a problem if a woman measured a man for a fitting?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Would you have a problem if a woman measured a man for a fitting?

On these boards girl? Oh, they sure would!  😅

Super Contributor

I always liked watching that show  but I have not seen the new episodes  with the male consultants .  Are they straight ?   I think that makes a difference 

Honored Contributor

I've seen males hand them the dresses but didn't think they were staying in the dressing rooms. They usually have females to help them try things on.

Esteemed Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

Yes - it is creepy and no way would I ever go to a male gyno - very creepy

How is a male gynecologist creepy?  He's doing the job he was trained to do.  Gynecologists see "lady parts" all day long - There's nothing sexual about it for them.

And you have no idea what the sexual orientation is of any doctor you see - whether they are male or female.

Of course you should do whatever makes you comfortable.  There's nothing wrong with that.  But using the word "creepy" is insulting to medical professionals.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

Yes - it is creepy and no way would I ever go to a male gyno - very creepy

so we should only go to a Dr. of our own gender?

Back when I had my children, there were no female gyn's in my area.  I had no choice, but to use a male.

I had a complicated C section and was in the hospital for 6 days afterward.  There was a male nurse on the hospital floor.  At first I was upset, but he was wonderful and so caring.  I loved that guy. He went out of his way to help me.

I ran into him at the Mall with his wife and kids and we talked.  He was a true caregiver.

I think one the first gyns I went to was a woman and not particularly nice,  so again gender is not an inidicator of good care so to promugate this does no good to anyone, MDs or patients 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in my 60's and my Gyno dr was male. Very nice bedside manner. and I never felt uncomfortable being examined by him.

I would have an issue with a male Nurse giving me a bath in the Hospital.