Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

First yes, I still buy CDs! I may be late to the party but I have to tell you about 2 CDs I just bought. Back From The Edge by James Arthur, loved every song. Also Memories Do Not Open by The Chainsmokers, every song is a gem, especially Something Just Like This with one of my faves, Coldplay. For some reason I never got around to buying any Ed Sheeran CDs (love him). I bought Ed Sheeran, X, and Divide, all excellent!

I like Cd's too.  They are getting harder to find.  Walmart use to have a pretty good selection and sometimes Best Buy.  It is easier for me to slip a cd in when I am driving.  I do not use other devices to listen to music.  Down loading music is not something I am interested in doing.  I have to admit the only time I really listen to music is in the car or when I go dancing.  I am a big TV person. lol. 

Respected Contributor

Yup, and I like to receive them for gifts, too.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

First yes, I still buy CDs! I may be late to the party but I have to tell you about 2 CDs I just bought. Back From The Edge by James Arthur, loved every song. Also Memories Do Not Open by The Chainsmokers, every song is a gem, especially Something Just Like This with one of my faves, Coldplay. For some reason I never got around to buying any Ed Sheeran CDs (love him). I bought Ed Sheeran, X, and Divide, all excellent!

I like Cd's too.  They are getting harder to find.  Walmart use to have a pretty good selection and sometimes Best Buy.  It is easier for me to slip a cd in when I am driving.  I do not use other devices to listen to music.  Down loading music is not something I am interested in doing.  I have to admit the only time I really listen to music is in the car or when I go dancing.  I am a big TV person. lol. 

@sunshine 919, you know vinyl is making a comeback! Darn it, I got rid of my turntable years ago!

Honored Contributor

I always listen to CDs in my car.  I buy whatever looks interesting.

I've never downloaded any music.

Respected Contributor

I just bought a new car (2017 Subaru Forester) in Dec. & it came with a single CD player & the saleslady told me that soon autmakers will no longer put CD players in the new cars at all.  I guess folks play music off of their smartphones these days.  I need a Rent-A-Kid to show me how to do that!  My 2003 car had a 6 CD changer & I miss that. 

Honored Contributor

I just thought of something that's kind of the same but different. 

OK...where to start...It was probably around 2003 and cars (inside were getting 'fancy' but not like now).  I had a Mercedes SUV but mainly listened to the radio for music.

The CD changer held 6 CD's but the large cartridge that held them was in the back of the car (near the hatch).

My late husband had been given a set of Bill Cosby comedy CD's from his daughters for his birthday.  He immediately loaded them into the CD cartridge thing (in the back).

Every single time I rode with him driving (which he always wanted to drive) we had to listen to the SAME CD's.  Now it was funny listening the first and even the second time but come on....after awhile I thought...'just shoot me now'.

Then he went on a business trip to Florida and I thought...."good, I can change the thing".  Except, I couldn't figure out how to get it out....I used words I didn't know I KNEW....couldn't get the thing out to change them.

I thought, no big deal, I listen to the radio...(you guessed it...) the radio just stopped working..it wouldn't work!  So, here I was either listening to myself breathe or worse singing to myself...(even I can't stand that).

By the time he came back from his trip, I was ready to put my hands around his neck and .......

Anyway, he showed me how to get the CD's out and i put in some other CD's (music).  We got the radio fixed.

All was right with the world.  Every time he'd mention those Bill Cosby CD's I'd shut him down immediately.  

There was a big mystery at our house after that because no one knew what happened, but those things disappeared......they eventually showed up months later (well they were a gift from our girls), but thank the Lord, he'd moved on.

I won't bore you with the story of the comedy cassette tapes he received or the Lone Ranger, Hop A Long Cassidy ...tapes he received.  All from our daughters.

I swear I think they bought those things just to drive me crazy.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I always listen to CDs in my car.  I buy whatever looks interesting.

I've never downloaded any music.

Me too, I keep a tote bag full of CD's in my car, I buy a lot of old ones on ebay, like the Broadway shows. Right now i am listening to the soundtrack from Pal Joey, terrific Rogers and Hart score with Sinatra at the helm, love it!!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I just bought a new car (2017 Subaru Forester) in Dec. & it came with a single CD player & the saleslady told me that soon autmakers will no longer put CD players in the new cars at all.  I guess folks play music off of their smartphones these days.  I need a Rent-A-Kid to show me how to do that!  My 2003 car had a 6 CD changer & I miss that. 

I've been playing music in my car from my ipod and now iphone for more than 10 years. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I've been playing music in my car from my ipod and now iphone for more than 10 years. 

I never had an ipod, so I never learned how to download music or do all that stuff & I just got my 1st ever smartphone (iphone) last year, so this is all still really new fangled to me!  Like I said, I need a Rent-A-Kid!  All this stuff is 2nd nature to the younger folks these days as they've grown up using computers & all these electronic gadgets, but me, not so much!  I never had a Walkman, either! And, never had kids/grandkids, so no kids in my family to ask how to do this stuff, either.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I never had an ipod, so I never learned how to download music or do all that stuff & I just got my 1st ever smartphone (iphone) last year, so this is all still really new fangled to me!  Like I said, I need a Rent-A-Kid!  All this stuff is 2nd nature to the younger folks these days as they've grown up using computers & all these electronic gadgets, but me, not so much!  I never had a Walkman, either! And, never had kids/grandkids, so no kids in my family to ask how to do this stuff, either.

it is not that difficult to do,  we are probably the same generation.  if you want to do it you can learn.  you can't break your computer/cell phone or ipod.  

wiki how website can help