Frequent Contributor

I think other posters are right.  Taylor Sheridan has too many irons in the fire to the detrement of Yellowstone.  He's bought that ranch, the Four Sixes that Jimmy was sent to and is working on a show about that.  He's involved with the "reining" shows as well.  He does some of it himself.  Yellowstone was the best show on TV in many years and now, it appears to have "jumped the shark".  At one point he said he'd do six seasons.......I belive the time for this to be over was probably episode 5 this season.  Very sad......

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The show has gone flat for me. I use to look forward to it every week but now I'm starting to lose interest. 

@SilleeMee I do not get the emphasis on Jimmy unless he is going to be having a spin off storyline. Tate is non existent and Carter seems to have taken over. I do like him however. I thought that interaction with the two boys could have been interesting. This season is definitely not as good as past years. 

And stop with the pushing of the other shows by Taylor Sheridan.

@wakefield64 

He is.  He (and Walker) are going to be on the '6666' spin-off.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yellowstone

[ Edited ]

I am one of the loyal viewers who really enjoyed this show - despite the crudeness, Beth's ridiculous antics and Jamie's long time family issues.  But I stuck with it because I really, really like Kevin C.   However, if they don't ramp up the storylines and go back to the actual landowner versus Indian officials versus the disjointed family, I will probably drop out next season!

I read a spoiler online that someone dies during this season's last show.  Apparently, it might be Monica!  The Monica actor has shared that she is pregnant; might be a good way/time to leave the show!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't mind Monica but her character has been dumbed down with the jealousy angle.

It just might be the end of the line for her since that marriage has become a major *yawn*.  Yet now that she is pregnant again.........hmmm.  It could work out for her RL pregnancy.

However, the first person who came to mind was.........Rip.

What a twist that would be for Beth-who couldn't get any worse.

I doubt any Dutton would be killed off since they seem to survive been shot and blown up.

Jaimie's father might be the victim but it wouldn't hold the same drama, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

I am not giving up on the show.  I still find it very entertaining.  As far as cattle drives and rodeos that are on the show, that is part of the ranch life.  We don't have to like what every character does, just as we don't like what  people in the real world do.    I am sad that the last show of the season

is this Sunday.

The next shows that I will watch to tide me over for a little while will be "This Is Us"

and "Around the World in 80 Days" (on PBS).

Honored Contributor

Maybe this has already been posted.  I read in this week's People magazine some of the cast members have a Podcast discussing the show.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The show has gone flat for me. I use to look forward to it every week but now I'm starting to lose interest. 

@SilleeMee 

Ditto!  Although, I must say I have come this far, so I will watch tomorrow night's season 4 finale.  We've never missed an episode since Season 1 so one more hour won't kill us.  A lot is going to have to happen in one hour to bring closure, unless of course, they are setting it up for a Season 5.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the Season 4 finale. I am not going to go into detail but it is another reason the show has gone off the rail. Sorry to see such a good series turn so blah. The article was in Men's Health. Very good synopsis.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

I am one of the loyal viewers who really enjoyed this show - despite the crudeness, Beth's ridiculous antics and Jamie's long time family issues.  But I stuck with it because I really, really like Kevin C.   However, if they don't ramp up the storylines and go back to the actual landowner versus Indian officials versus the disjointed family, I will probably drop out next season!

I read a spoiler online that someone dies during this season's last show.  Apparently, it might be Monica!  The Monica actor has shared that she is pregnant; might be a good way/time to leave the show!!

---------

So that spoiler was wrong yet again!!  Am not sure I am going to stick with this show. 

Will be interesting to see what comes up next season. I hope someone - anyone - sets Beth back on her heels. Think I've had enough of her!!!!