Respected Contributor

Does anyone watch the seriesof Yellowstone on Paramount?  It stars Kevin Costner and it is similar in retrospect to Dallas.  I   have never been a big western like fan but this has captured my attentions and it  doesn"t hurt that most of the actors are easy on the eyes!

Regular Contributor

Re: Yellowstone on Paramount

Yes, I'm watching, I'm addicted.  I love the show.  I was very happy to hear it was returning for a second season.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I’ve watched it from the start.  I like it.  I especially love the scenery.  It’s rather violent and the language is a little rough, but it’s different from the average fair on “regular” television now.  

Funny you should mention it being similar to “Dallas”.  That’s what I thought of when I first saw it! 😉

Honored Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

Yes, I'm watching, I'm addicted.  I love the show.  I was very happy to hear it was returning for a second season.  

@Jackyl From what I’ve heard, it’s already been renewed for season three, too!🙂👍

Regular Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Jackyl wrote:

@Jackyl From what I’ve heard, it’s already been renewed for season three, too!🙂👍

Glad to hear this!!  It's so over the top, but it's great.

Respected Contributor

i have watched and liked from the beginning. sometimes, it's a little rough to watch.

my question is, do you think there are ranches like this, now? even on a smaller scale.

Esteemed Contributor

I love that show. And yes, it kinda reminds me of the old "Dallas" show. Kevin Costner is perfect in that role. The only issue I have is that he demoted Rip and gave Casey the reins with the ranch. Rip was made for that management position - running the ranch. He knows how to handle the ranchers much more than Casey. 

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i have watched and liked from the beginning. sometimes, it's a little rough to watch.

my question is, do you think there are ranches like this, now? even on a smaller scale.

Yes, there are in Colorado and also in Wyoming. I live in Colorado and I've seen the cattle ranches here. But many of them have gone to indoor-style feed lots and few are free roam.

Honored Contributor

I had watched a few episodes in the beginning and, in fact, I had it set to DVR. But the show has not kept my interest and I certainly don't enjoy the language. The only part I like is the landscape scenery...but I can get that here where I live in Colorado. It's more beautiful irl.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it too and have been watching from the beginning.  I adore Kevin Costner and he is perfect for that role.  I just wish the family was more together on things instead of always being at each others throats, would be a better story if it was them against everyone else....JMO.