Highlighted
Super Contributor

Any fans of the show...what did you think of season 3 finale?

I didnt like it....not a fan of cliffhangers....but in general love the show..

Season 4 not shot yet....might be a problem with covid...

Frequent Contributor

Re: Yellowstone TV show Finale

I'm a huge fan of this show.  I must sayl, I love cliffhangers, and this was up there with Who Shot JR?  I was a fan of Dallas and Yellowstone reminds me of Dallas on steroids...

Super Contributor

Mixed feelings on it, I don't want any of them to be dead! I'd read about how Kevin Costner was a suspected death, same with Rip but thank goodness he's ok. I can't imagine Beth being dead but Rip would KILL if she is! Having Costner out of the picture would be interesting, I wouldn't have to crank the volume on my TV to figure out what the heck he's saying anymore and it would give the kids the chance to butt heads. 

Super Contributor

I watch Yellowstone religiously as well--admittedly for the scenery more than anything else. I've never been a Costner fan. And the foul language really needs to be toned down. It's unnecessary and overused. For that reason alone, I thought about not watching it anymore but the scenic shots are amazing.

Season 3 seems to me the weakest of the seasons. And the branding of characters is getting a bit old. Albeit the finale was a good one! I do not care for Jennifer Landon's character Teeter. Her accent is aggrandizing and is an insult to the people of Montana and southern people like myself. I hope her character is written out. 
Definitely I'll tune in next June for the opener. Interestingly, I like the development of Jamie's character. I find myself rooting for him over the rest of the family. Kayce and Rip are likeable too. 
Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

Esteemed Contributor

I think this year has been good. The finale was so fast moving and unexpected. It was hard to read captions and watch the action. (I'm hearing impaired so their accents don't matter to me). 
  I hope next year they either get a cell tower at Yellowstone, or use satellite phones! 
  I think they're all good actors, and really like Rip! 
                            🐴

Trusted Contributor

I'm a huge fan of this show. I didn't mind the cliffhanger, but I thought, I hope we don't have to wait two years for the next season. There must be something wrong with me because I don't even notice the language. I find the dialogue very real. If a bunch of ranch hands are living in a bunkhouse, I would expect the language to get a little raunchy. I hope Kevin Costner doesn't get killed off. Actually, I don't want any of the main characters to get killed off. And I decided at the beginning of the season, I want me some of that Rip! LOL

Super Contributor

Hm, I don't have the cleanest mouth, I didn't notice a lot of cussing either and neither did the guy I'm watching it with. I'll have to ask my other friends and see what they say! I agree, a group of ranch hands aren't going to have the best language so it's realiistic to me. 

Do you all remember which season ending described Rip's relationship with his parents? I attempted to binge-watch it from the beginning but Direct TV deleted it as I watched so I didn't see the endings of season 1 and 2. I don't want to have to buy both on Amazon but am willing to buy one season. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Season 4 is filming now, only in Montana, not at the other locations in Utah due to Covid.

I  need to rewatch but I was not crazy about the finale, it seemed too predictable.

I expected a cliffhanger, I expected the meeting of all the parties, I expected Jamie to overrule Beth.

Jamie's bio dad said you win by killing the king.   So did Jamie "kill" the king using the law, not guns?     Roarke said he would do ANYTHING.   He used Wade Morrow against John Dutton, did he use guns too?    The 3rd leg of this 3 legged stool is Chief Rainwater.  He has his reasons, too.  But he would have to do it without Mo.

I enjoyed Season 3, everyone seemed so happy, the couples became closer, John retired, Tate healed.   So that has to be a foreshadowing of a terrible disaster coming.

I love the cowboys.   Did you know that several of them are not actors?   They are cowboys in real life.  I actually like Teeter but I'm not so crazy about the barrel racers or Walker showing up.   One of them is a mole or maybe working for the Feds.

I love the show & look forward to Season 4, whenever it's out.

@ProudMa wrote:

Any fans of the show...what did you think of season 3 finale?

I didnt like it....not a fan of cliffhangers....but in general love the show..

Season 4 not shot yet....might be a problem with covid...