Respected Contributor

Yea...Last Comic Standing is back on....

Watched it last night.  Some were pretty funny.  I need every laugh I can find.  Not sure if I like the new judge Norm.  He seems a bit out of it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yea...Last Comic Standing is back on....

I hadn't watched in several years, as at one time, the show got very raunchy, and not very funny. 

Happened to catch it last night, and it was great. Lots of great performances, and I can't believe how good Rosanne looks. She looks better than I've ever seen her.

I needed a laugh as well, and found plenty there last night.

Looking forward to watching more.

Esteemed Contributor

I completely forgot all about it....

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it a lot. I thought some of the sets were really great and I can't wait to see what's next.

I've never, ever been a Norm MacDonald fan. I think he's a huge idiot. He did give a few people some good feedback last night, but I don't think he's all there. He always comes across as if he's on drugs and often makes no sense. But I will say this about him - he wrote the most beautiful tribute to Robin Williams after Williams died last year and made me cry. You can read it here: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2014/08/12/norm-macdonald-robin-williams-david-letterman-comedy-come...

Respected Contributor

Mominohio....I thought the same thing about Roseanne.  I thought she looked great and loved the hair. 

Honored Contributor

I've watched this in past years, didn't know it's back actually.  I've seen some really great hysterically funny folks on it too.Some in fact have made it big.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this show in years, but it brings back memories. 

One winner from a number of years ago, Josh Blue, was performing here and we went to see him.  He was great and he did meet & greets after the show.  I have a picture with him.

I hope he is still enjoying success.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I enjoyed it a lot. I thought some of the sets were really great and I can't wait to see what's next.

I've never, ever been a Norm MacDonald fan. I think he's a huge idiot. He did give a few people some good feedback last night, but I don't think he's all there. He always comes across as if he's on drugs and often makes no sense. But I will say this about him - he wrote the most beautiful tribute to Robin Williams after Williams died last year and made me cry. You can read it here: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2014/08/12/norm-macdonald-robin-williams-david-letterman-comedy-come...

I've always thought Norm's persona was mainly his "schtick," but I really don't know.  I think it's part him, and part exaggeration, but who knows.  I haven't seen him lately, but I've always kind of liked him.  At the same time, I usually feel frustrated with him, and just want to "shake him" sometimes.  I've read he's really well-liked by fellow comics, and that he's really generous.  

I agree his Twitter tribute to Robin Williams last year was really moving.  Did you see Norm's last appearance on David Letterman?  He started to break down when talking about Dave.  It, too, is pretty touching.  Here's a clip, if you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFjEvl43zYY

EDITED: If you want to fast forward to where he starts to talk about Dave, it's around 6:40.  His whole bit is actually pretty funny, though.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I've watched this in past years, didn't know it's back actually.  I've seen some really great hysterically funny folks on it too.Some in fact have made it big.

Amy Schumer was on season 5 (had to look it up), and she's huge right now (i.e. well-known/successful).  I think she's hilarious. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Watched it last night.  Some were pretty funny.  I need every laugh I can find.  Not sure if I like the new judge Norm.  He seems a bit out of it.

So much talent last night!!  Norm will grow on you-he is actually very kind and funny and smartSmiley Happy