Respected Contributor

YR New shows End Friday April 24

YR announced that this is the last week of new shows. The week of April 27 will be dedicated to vintage shows featuring Mrs Chancellor.

Many are wishing they would go back and start rebroadcasting shows from beginning.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: YR New shows End Friday April 24

Well that stinks.I look forward to watching the show at the end of the day. It's not perfect but I enjoy it.Especially these days when real life is so depressing.

I hope life gets back to normal soon.

Honored Contributor

DOOL will be all new, they tape 6 months in advance. 

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
YR announced that this is the last week of new shows. The week of April 27 will be dedicated to vintage shows featuring Mrs Chancellor.

Many are wishing they would go back and start rebroadcasting shows from beginning.

I would love to see the shows from the beginning.  Remember Chris and Snapper? I watched this show from the beginning.  I have not watched it for the last few years though.  

Valued Contributor

I too think they and General Hospital should go back to the beginning and start over. Showing selected shows would be too disjointed and I will not watch. Even when they start taping again, it will be weeks before the shows are available for viewing on TV. I don't know about anyone else, but I've forgotten a lot of the history after all these years.

Super Contributor

I'm actually more likely to watch the old shows than the new. I'm about 6 behind right now and don't really care anymore. I used to be glued to the TV. Love to see more Mrs. C!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Kindaglitzy wrote:

I would love to see the shows from the beginning.  Remember Chris and Snapper? I watched this show from the beginning.  I have not watched it for the last few years though.  

I watched Y and R from when it began in 1973 up to 1980, when it was all about the Brooks Family and their 4 daughters and the Foster family, those were the days!! Once it began to change course I opted out and never watched it again. 

Honored Contributor

PASS  Thanks for the information, though.

Honored Contributor

I would also like them to go back to the 1st show and air them.  When I worked I missed a lot of them even though my mother kept me updated but a lot of history forgotten.  I have oftgen wished that episodes from the beginning of all soaps should be sold or available to view online also.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mind them going back to the beginning, since I didn't start watching till 1985!  At least the old shows had decent actors, storylines, etc., I don't even watch the new episodes now, it has become pathetic!!!