Respected Contributor

Re: YR New shows End Friday April 24

Yes, remember Snapper and Brooks family. I too have often wished they would sell a DVD set going back to the beginning. I guess because internet was not available then there would be a lot of mystery and self speculation that went on about storylines which probably made us more curious and wanting to tune in daily. Now there is nothing a secret and storylines are more predictable. I have not watched much since YR was taken off PoP Network every evening at 7pm. I think Friday of this week is a vintage show focusing on something to do with Christine (Cricket) in 1990’s, at least that is what she posted on Twitter.
Honored Contributor

i would not mind them going back to the beginning or doing themed weeks.

would love to see a week of MRS C and JILL at their best.

would love to see a week of weddings.

would love to see a week of victor and jack special moments.

would love to see a week of special romances.

would love to see some of the episodes of marge/mrs c.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

don't forget that tom selleck was on the show as laurie brook agent. now, that's going way back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As all around pitiful as the show has become, i suspect I might find the vintage episodes preferable, but don't know if I'll watch. I'd pretty much given up on the show anyway, so not sure I'm interested in seeing them resuscitate the glory days. I admit, though, I would like to see some of the episodes featuring the original Jill having it out with Katherine. I wonder, though, how far back they'll go and whether or not there might be issues with broadcasting episodes with actors who have subsequently been replaced, like the original Jack and Jill. I know the original Jack passed away, but Brenda Dickson is still out there.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I loved the original Jack played by the late Terry Lester.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I agree. While both of the Jack and Jill replacements have now been around longer than the originals, neither have been able to make me forget the originals, both of whom were just perfect in their roles.

The ORIGINAL Jill Foster & Jack Abbott | Soap opera, Young and the ...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Oh I forgot THAT Jill. I remember the first one played by Brenda Dickson.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I agree. While both of the Jack and Jill replacements have now been around longer than the originals, neither have been able to make me forget the originals, both of whom were just perfect in their roles.

The ORIGINAL Jill Foster & Jack Abbott | Soap opera, Young and the ...

Yes they were PERFECT! I loved Brenda as Jill and one of my favorite scenes was when Mrs. C was taking a bubble bath and Jill decided to add a tv to the tub! Only a fantasy scene but so darn funny. This use to be such a great show. The drivel they are putting out now is a insult to long time viewers who know just how good this show WAS. Now stinks out the joint! Stupid SLs (ALL debbie downers!), cheap funky sets and ugly fashions and newbies every darn week we don't care about. Easy to pass on this mess now but was a must see at one time for me. I sure miss that.