Valued Contributor

Re: YOUR OPINION OF NETFLIX?

There are a handful of shows I like on Netflix. I subscribe to watch the shows or new seasons that I want to watch for the month and then cancel it. No sense in keeping it going indefinitely if you only watch a few shows here and there. Ozark is one of my favorite shows.

Trusted Contributor

I cancelled Netflix a couple of months ago because of their support of kiddie po** (Cuties). To be honest I do miss  The Crown but I will try to catch it later.

I do have Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. 

Having these subscription services and over the air (OTA) TV works great for me.

dee

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm looking at various changes to my Dish service.  I've heard Netflix mentioned on TV ads, and would like your feedback.

My sister has viewed it a few times from a friend's service.  She thought it was just okay ... but wouldn't pay to have it.

So .........   If you have (or had) Netflix, what are your thoughts?  Is it worth the extra cost?    What did you like or dislike about it?

TIA !

Honored Contributor

I love Netflix!  We've had it for years.  Come to think of it besides the news, QVC or HGTV I really only watch Netflix.

DH and I are currently watching 3 different series and I have several more on my list list to view when we finish them.They also have a lot of good movies and documentaries.

I expect this upcoming winter is going be a long one and I'm glad to have Netflix.

Trusted Contributor

I have the basic offering and have been very happy with it for several years.   Currently I do not have cable.  I have SlingTV, Netflix and Hulu.  Reduced my overall monthly bill by $80.

Honored Contributor

I like Netflix better than HBO

More of a variety of offerings, even for kids

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't think any of the premium services are worth it.  I've cancelled all of them.

So much of what they broadcast is rather trashy.

Honored Contributor

Because it has the most money, I'd say Netflix.  It has the most shows that catch on or in demand.  If a show grabs your attention.....it's usually on Netflix. It's worth the money. The others are just trying to catch up with Netflex

Amazon Prime is still....a joke.  The shows tend to be inane and silly.  Occasionally a really good movie pops up.  But it's series are really boring....  The new Project Runway is a flop, for example.  They have the right hosts, but the format has changed and not for the better.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think a person can have an opinion on all of Netflix, in totality.  Netflx has thousands of choices.  Movies, tv, domestic, foreign.  There is something to interest everyone of every age and interest.  They also offer their own programming.  Most of my tv viewing is Netflix and Prime Video.  The only drawback for me is that there are so many choices that sometimes, it's hard for me to focus and find something to watch.  Hubby will say  "stop browsing and land on something".  

Trusted Contributor

👎

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

We've had Netflix about 5 years.  I can line up all of the CD's in the order I want to see them, and there are a lot of origonal shows and movies streaming.

Sure beats the $300+ to get the cable movie channels.  Regular cable movies here were showing stuff 10+ years old.