Respected Contributor

YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME

I LOVE DISNEY MOVIES.  What is your all time favorite (original or remakes) and why is it your favorite? 

Thank you for taking time to share.  I love reading the threads and responses of posters in the TV and movies section....you are some of the best around here!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE IS::::

CINDERELLA starring Lily James and Cate Blanchett.  I think both are excellent actresses and I simply ADORE all of the costumes in this movie, especially Cinderella's gown (and her glass slippers aren't bad either, lol).

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, none of them. I can't make myself sit and watch animated movies....I never even cared for them - even as a kid. Go figure....

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Honestly, none of them. I can't make myself sit and watch animated movies....I never even cared for them - even as a kid. Go figure....

@Goldengate8361 ...that is okay.  Not all Disney movies are animated.  Thanks for sharing.

Super Contributor

I can't pick one!  I have several.  Beauty and the Beast or the original 101 Dalmatians are my two favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay You know...you're right. I actually just googled "Disney movies" before I posted because I wasn't sure. The only one that popped up were animated--but I think you're right. For some reason, I thought that the company "Disney" actually had divisions that produced drama, action, and many other genres of movies......

Respected Contributor

@Neetgal2 wrote:

I can't pick one!  I have several.  Beauty and the Beast or the original 101 Dalmatians are my two favorite.

@Neetgal2 ....I know what you mean, lol...I love Beauty and the Beast too, the newer one starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens.  It was on TV last night.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@kittykatkay You know...you're right. I actually just googled "Disney movies" before I posted because I wasn't sure. The only one that popped up were animated--but I think you're right. For some reason, I thought that the company "Disney" actually had divisions that produced drama, action, and many other genres of movies......

@Goldengate8361 ....no problem, happens to me all the time, lol.  Now....if you can think of one, let us know and hey, thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

I have so many that I like for all different reasons

Hunchback of Notre Dame - I attended a Disneyana Market when I worked for Disney. Because I was a Disney employee a man gave me the soundtrack for the Hunchback of Notre Dame about 2 years before the movie was released. So I would listen to the music and became "attached" to the movie before I ever saw it.

Pinnochio - my son (age 5 at the time) enjoyed this movie so much. He would act out the movie. I could tell whatever scene he was watching by what he was doing. My favorite were the Russian dancers. He would yell out and bend his knees and kick them out.

Original Cinderella - liked the mice characters, Gus and Jaq. You were glad Cinderella had the mice because she didn't have much going for her until the Fairy Godmother appeared.

Toy Story I - I just fell in love with this movie. Spent much time looking for the toys of the different characters from the movie - whether my son wanted them or not. I did.

Snow White - because it started it all. I think that if Snow White didn't do well, so much of the movies and characters that followed would not have happened either. Walt Disney was bankrupt a few times before Mickey Mouse was created. And no bank would give him the money to make Snow White. Thankfully his family did give him the money.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla ....I loved reading your response and especially the part about your son acting out the movie.  What memories!