Honored Contributor

Re: 🌹🌻 YOUNG & RESTLESS AUGUST 2020 w/ SPOILERS 🌻🌹

@Alpha wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

I thought that looked like a wig. I kept looking at her hair. Something just didn't look right.

I think it may be that the actors are required to do their own hair and makeup, due to social distancing reqs, and she either can't do her's the way she likes it or she just doesn't want to bother. Having said that, I don't particularly like wig style she's chosen either.

Could be... and if true, I wonder if that's the case with Quinn over on Bold and Beautiful... Either way, they both look more or less ridiculous...

And then there's bed-head, unshaven Adam, who, to me, is looking good... Even rumpled he looks fresh and clean, unlike his bother, El Funko...

Adam learns of surgery Y&R

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

Actor Jonathan Stoddard has been called upon once again to appear in Young and Restless flashback scenes as a young John Abbott, a role he first played in 2017. Presumably, we’ll see him as part of the recent Abbott storyline involving Dina’s past. Watch for Stoddard, who last appeared in September 2019, to be seen on Thursday August 20, along with Cathy Marks as young Dina Mergeron, according to Soap Opera Digest.

Uh uh... Not at all interested in these trumped up back story scenes as we again enter Dina's never heard of before and never ending memory mine... 

Honored Contributor

I'm going out on a limb and surmising that based on the lack of traction the returned soaps are getting on discussion threads like this one and the one for Bold and Beautiful that the months long hiatus didn't do these fading soap operas any favors. The continued bad writing might well just finish the job.

Esteemed Contributor

Have to agree @stevieb , the hiatus did not help.  Perhaps in time, these soaps will get their acts together, as I hate most talk shows as well a the game shows:  and, I can only absorb so much "news".  

I am looking forward to see how Victor sticks it to the still obnoxious "Queen" Victoria, along with a most surprising cohort, Jack, and raise Adam up again!  Phoenix Rising!  Anyways, I'll be watching, waiting and hoping to see how it all plays out.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Have to agree @stevieb , the hiatus did not help.  Perhaps in time, these soaps will get their acts together, as I hate most talk shows as well a the game shows:  and, I can only absorb so much "news".  

I am looking forward to see how Victor sticks it to the still obnoxious "Queen" Victoria, along with a most surprising cohort, Jack, and raise Adam up again!  Phoenix Rising!  Anyways, I'll be watching, waiting and hoping to see how it all plays out.

Here's hoping you get what you seek @eddyandme but I have to tell you, I'm not sure I'll still be watching.

Respected Contributor

Looking at Nick hurts my eyes. He is in desperate need of a shave and haircut. Cat Tongue

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Summary for Tuesday, August 18th from soaps.com:

At Sharon’s place, Rey tells Sharon that Adam had a lot of nerve showing up there. Sharon reminds him she texted Adam to come over and explains he had a traumatic experience as a child. Rey smirks, realizing he wants Sharon’s help and calls him self-centered. Sharon argues she’s in a unique position to help Adam. Rey thinks he’ll use her and let her place his needs above her own. Sharon understands where his concerns come from. Rey insists he’s not jealous. Sharon asks Rey to trust her to protect herself and set her own boundaries. Rey won’t drop it – this isn’t a random person that came to her. He’s convinced Adam won’t think about the toll it will take on her and asks, “Is it worth it?” Sharon’s weighed the pros and cons and knows how to avoid the pitfalls with Adam. Rey won’t fight her on it – if she needs someone to lean on, he’s there.

At the penthouse, Chelsea’s unhappy that Adam turned to Sharon – there are others out there that specialize in memory retrieval. Adam argues she already knows his history. Chelsea understands they have a connection but is dismayed he went behind her back. Adam didn’t want to bring it up unless it was a possibility. Chelsea shouts, “This is what you two do, it’s what you’ve always done. This is why it would be a mistake!” Adam reassures Chelsea she’s the woman he loves. She can’t imagine how Rey took the news. Chelsea learns he would have kept her in the dark if Sharon hadn’t insisted he tell her. Adam has to get to the bottom of this so he can be the best husband and father he can be. He wants Chelsea’s support. Chelsea thinks going down this road will backfire. Talk turns to Hope. Chelsea thinks she’d want him to be free of this. Adam can’t be happy with this hanging over him. Chelsea suggests starting over elsewhere. Adam disagrees – running away isn’t the answer – but if she doesn’t want him to do this, he won’t. Chelsea informs him nothing good came come of it. “It’s not what you need.”

More: Watch Chelsea reacts to Adam needing Sharon’s help

Kyle spots Lola at Society and welcomes her home. In the foyer, Theo tells someone by phone he doesn’t want ‘them’ to know what’s coming. He’s glad to have the person on board and promises to take care of them. Meanwhile, Kyle asks Lola about Miami. She relays that it wasn’t fun. By the door, Mariah greets Theo and asks him to let Lola settle back in. Theo walks over and holds his arms wide, “Welcome home, Lola!” She grins. They go to the kitchen and Mariah tells Kyle she and Theo had a conversation about his firing, and she saw the other side of him. Kyle feels things could improve between them now…even if he’s with Lola. In the kitchen, Theo confesses about pitching Jack’s idea and Lola laughs. She’s intrigued to hear he confided in Mariah about it. Theo says a new door opened and he could hear her voice in his head. “I really missed you.” She missed him too and reveals her trip was a total disaster – she cut her losses with the restaurant. She had to let that dream go to focus on a new one. In the lounge, Mariah talks to Kyle about the uncertainty of Sharon’s situation and relays Tessa’s been amazing. She asks about Summer and Kyle says their relationship has been great personally and professionally. Mariah ‘might’ be happy to have her around; she’s been great with Faith. Theo appears, texts Billy to meet, and Kyle approaches. Kyle wants to make amends and put aside the hostility that built up – they’re still family. Theo muses, “Family’s forever.” After, Theo tells Lola that he thinks Kyle apologized. He gets a text back from Billy and is excited. Lola urges, “Go get him!” Kyle watches their exchange and tells Mariah he’ll always care about Lola – he’s relieved to see her getting over the split.

More: Watch Victoria defy Nikki

At Grand Phoenix, Nick lets Phyllis into her suite. He’s running her a bath and she smells essential oils. He’s got bath salts and candles and Phyllis gushes he’s off to a great start. Once she’s in a bathrobe, Nick sends her a link to a video game about dinosaur bones. “Pick your fighter.” They trash-talk as they play on their phones. Phyllis wins and hollers. After a delicious dinner and dessert, she tells Nick he nailed the ‘perfect escape’. Now she knows her idea has merit. She wants the Grand Phoenix to have a special private club to cater to escapism for women. ‘The Grand Phoenix Escape Club’ is what she’ll call it. Nick likes it – he loves seeing her passionate and excited; it’s sexy as hell.

Next on The Young and the Restless Chelsea wants answers, and Amanda is urged to take a risk.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Looking at Nick hurts my eyes. He is in desperate need of a shave and haircut. Cat Tongue

He's gross and it's a shame... We all get older but he could still be a decent looking man if he'd just step up the grooming and lose the greasy look... He actually looks like he could stink....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know I sometimes sound like a broken record so I'll try to be aware of repeating myself about how bad things are, but I just cannot fathom having given this show a multi year renewal that CBS, Sony, somebody... hasn't stepped in to find some way to ramp up the writing. They had months to develop interesting ways to resolve these boring story lines and move on to more interesting stories and, frankly, characters. Most of these characters are just plain boring and they've been placed in situations that are also boring. It's like a complete and total really awful double whammy.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed today that Adam, Kyle, and Theo are all sporting facial hair. Has the clean shaven look become a thing of the past?Cat Surprised

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.