Honored Contributor

Re: 🌹🌻 YOUNG & RESTLESS AUGUST 2020 w/ SPOILERS 🌻🌹

Guess Phyllis who in real life is getting up there in yrs. is playing around with dinosaur bones, which I bet nobody has taken the time to really research probably something from  Toys R Us. LOL

Theo, is still around I see. Still greasing up the place. He will end up being 'cozy' with Lily now.

Blech................

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, August 12th from soaps.com:

At the penthouse, Adam is frustrated as he keeps combing through evidence to clear his name. Chelsea doesn’t think he’ll find what he’s looking for. He vents about his father until she leaves to run some errands. Adam sends texts to Alyssa who informs him that she’s left town and he should leave the past in the past.

At the Newman ranch, Victor calls Adam and leaves a message apologizing for telling him the truth. Soon, Chelsea arrives. She says what he did to his son was psychological torture. Victor insists that he was trying to protect him from reality. Chelsea has some questions. He gets her to sit down and explains why Hope agreed to go along with his plan. It was hard on her. Chelsea needs someone to corroborate all this. He explains that George, the farm’s caretaker, was there and helped in the coverup. Before she can leave, he urges her to stay by his son’s side because he needs help.

Nate wanders into the Grand Phoenix and finds Amanda trying to focus on work. He distracts her. They discuss her new job and she admits that she told someone he was amazing. He offers her a date, but she’s busy reviewing contracts. Across the room, Nick wanders in and joins Chance and Abby to discuss making a deal for some property. She thinks this is insane and doesn’t want to reward Phyllis for her bad behavior.

Devon and Elena go to Society and talk about him giving out a scholarship. They sit down and talk about all his losses. He hopes Neil would be proud of him. She admits that Devon has broken down her barriers and he says she’s brought his life hope. They go on about how happy they are until Nate calls from the clinic and asks for help. Devon urges her to go and she hurries off.

Summer joins Phyllis at Crimson Lights. They chat about ousting Theo and then Phyllis asks her to sit down. Phyllis announces that she and Nick are back together. Her father is fine with that. Resisting would be futile, so she won’t bother to protest. Besides, she just wants her mom to be happy. After Phyllis heads out, Nick arrives, and his daughter assures him he won’t be getting any attitude from her.

Chelsea returns to the penthouse and Adam gives her an update on Alyssa. He’s determined to get answers from George now. She wonders if he really wants to do that. Part of her is wishing they never started this. He assures her it will be alright and calls George, inviting him to Genoa City.

More: Eileen Davidson returns to Young and Restless

Phyllis arrives at the Grand Phoenix and tells Amanda to try enjoying life instead of being a workaholic. Phyllis joins Nick in a room upstairs. They both think they stopped the construction noise. She explains she planted some ‘fossils’ before calling them to have it shut down. Nick’s flustered and says this will cost more than a box of bones. He explains that he offered to give Abby a building. She thinks that’s amazing and sexy. They have sex. Meanwhile, down the hall, Abby and Chance go to a room. Abby admits that Nick’s offer is good but sticking it to Phyllis is too enjoyable. He suggests she put her energy into something else. They have sex until the construction noise stops. She gets a call about the site being shut down. Chance admires her taking this well.

Elena and Nate are at the clinic talking about how hard they work. She admires how good he is with kids, just like Devon. He tells her to go back to her date. Moments later, Amanda shows up. She’s realized there is more to life than work. That sounds like a good surprise to him.

Elena goes back to Society before Devon can leave.

On the next The Young and the Restless:

Jack’s advice strikes a nerve with Victor.

Adam searches for clues to clear his name.

Esther helps Kevin get ready for fatherhood.

Honored Contributor

Summary for Thursday, August 13th from soaps.com:

Sharon awakens on the sofa at home. She’s sore from surgery. Faith and Rey tell her she was repeating ‘bleep’ cancer in her sleep. Sharon wants to help Faith with her book report, so the girl heads upstairs to get Little Women. Victoria arrives and asks how Sharon’s doing. Rey interjects that she’s beat, but Sharon wants Vikki to stay. Once alone, Victoria offers an ear if Sharon needs to talk. Sharon brings her up to speed on her procedures and playing a waiting game before resuming chemo. Victoria questions if she’s holding back and Sharon claims she’s not. Talk turns to Adam. Victoria relays he’s not in the CEO position any longer and has his own worries now. Rey reappears and Victoria goes. Sharon naps.

At Crimson Lights, Chelsea wants to go meet George from Kansas in Adam’s place. He asks, “Don’t you trust me?” Chelsea does but worries he’s still coming to terms with losing his position at Newman and wants to send George home. They debate and Adam insists he knows what he’s doing – the truth will change everything.

In Society, Victor phones George and asks him to return his call before speaking with Adam. By the door, Jack grins at a text from Jill asking him to fly out and join her on the beach. He joins Kyle and Summer, who reassures him about Jabot. Jack’s been trying to be a good son. Kyle and Summer decide to go see Dina. Jack joins Victor at the bar and will ‘suffer his company’ in honor of Katherine’s dedication. As Victor’s brooding, Jack asks, “What has Adam done now?” They spar verbally about sons and Victor snarks about Kyle having broken his granddaughter’s heart twice. Jack suggests it’s time for Victor to finally give up on a relationship with Adam. Victor complains about Jack using Adam to get back at him. Jack shrugs that it was a good shot to take. He thinks Kyle has tools that Adam doesn’t have and worries that Adam spending time around Victor is dangerous – it’s in their DNA.

At the Chancellor estate, Kevin’s besieged by texts from Chloe, who is upstairs with heartburn. Esther rushes in, breathless. She needs his help right now. After checking on her daughter, Esther’s taken to task by Kevin over the giant pirate ship playset outside. He details her excessive spending and Esther admits she’s trying to make up for not giving Chloe a father. Later, Kevin assures Esther she’s a good mom and Tiny not being around isn’t ideal, but his father was terrible, and it makes him worry he’ll mess up with his son. Esther tells Kevin he’s a wonderful man. Kevin promises Esther she did an incredible job with Chloe.

At the Abbott mansion, Kyle finds Dina’s favorite song in hopes of getting through to her in the next room, then returns to tell Summer she was upset. He thinks something’s wrong and calls Jack.

At Society, Jack disconnects from Kyle and recaps that Adam is toxic to Victor and advises him to walk away. Victor doesn’t want his advice – he has no idea what he’s dealing with.

Adam brings George from Kansas into the penthouse. Chelsea looks uncomfortable as Adam brings up Alyssa Montalvo and asks about her father AJ’s ‘complicated’ death. George wonders when Victor’s getting there. Adam explains he’s not coming and resumes his line of questioning. He shares Victor’s claim that he killed Montalvo as a kid and wants the truth. George doesn’t want any part of it and becomes agitated. Adam gets a call from Connor, who is upset about soccer and calms him. After, George is moved and recalls Hope once worried about Adam the same way. George thinks Adam knows the truth about Montalvo deep down and talks about Victor and Hope wanting to shield him from the awful thing that happened. Later, Adam thinks Victor got to George, but Chelsea thinks he was sincere. Adam paces and tries to wrap his mind around it. He can’t fathom Victor keeping this secret all these years. Chelsea thinks he’s his father and loves him. Adam marvels that he killed a man and blocked it out. He needs to unlock that door but doesn’t know how.

Sharon awakens from her nap to a knock. She calls, “Come in.” It’s Adam, distressed, who says, “Sharon I need your help. And it can’t wait.”

At the Abbott mansion, Jack has checked on Dina and relays to Kyle and Summer that she is definitely upset and said the strangest thing. “Bixley,” he puzzles. None of them know what it could mean.

Next on The Young and the Restless the Abbott family’s checkered past arises, and Nikki’s attempt to make peace backfires.

Honored Contributor

Ain't Dina dead yet ?  Gees........

Sharon ain't got enough to worry with that stupid idiot has to run to her she could probably care less about his dumba** problems .

Why should it matter to her ? Hope Rey mops the floor with him.

Super Contributor

Haven't been on here in a while, but want to throw my 2 cents worth in. I, for one, really enjoyed the past few months watching the reruns of the older shows. My goodness, the writing was really good back then compared to the writing today. I loved seeing everyone in their younger days, the old sets,etc. Some of the actors today just cannot act, and I think the writing is poor. Just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @nanny24 and I agree with you. I think I might have mentioned a while back that those repeats of old shows might be a risk in that anyone comparing the older shows to today's product would realize immediately how badly the current show suffers by comparison, and boy does it!

I also think the break hurt the show in other ways. It's been so mediocre, at best, for so long that I suspect there are quite a few viewers who got used to it not being broadcast and who simply aren't going to go back for more of this bilge... Moreover, shows since their return have hardly been compelling...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Stevie, yes, I agree. I only watched a part of Monday's show, and apart from Lily  filming from a CELLPHONE (must not be for anything important, or they would have had a cameraman), I guess they stayed apart for social distancing. It was corny. I have watched Y&R for 32 years, and this is about the worst it has been. Even before Covid, it seemed to be on life support. I will watch the rest of Monday and then Tuesday's show, and see how they came out. Personally, I think they would do just as well to air the show from the beginning, I think more peeps would like that. At least the writing was good, and Bill Bell was there to make sure all was well.

Honored Contributor

@nanny24  Good suggestion. Most have either not seen the earlier incarnation of the show or have forgotten it. Regardless, it would be far better than what they've been offering now for so long. Before it went on hiatus, I was taping and then deleting, mostly without watching, because I just no longer find it interesting nor do I care for most of the characters. In the few days it's been back, I understand why I did so and am sort of on the fence about giving up on it altogether. There's really no reason to set the DVR only to delete the shows.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Adam Learns Heartbreaking News When He Squares Off With [Spoiler]

Nick arrives at the ranch to question Nikki about Victoria being back in charge at Newman Enterprises. Victor appears and they bring Nick into the loop on Adam killing AJ Montalvo as a boy. Nick’s irked that Adam tried to pin a murder on Victor that he committed.

At the penthouse, Chelsea hopes Adam will come home soon. She calls Nikki and arranges to take Connor over there as Victor’s the only one who can give him what he needs right now.

At the ranch, Nikki disconnects from Chelsea as Nick and Victor continue the discussion about Adam blocking out killing a man. Nick’s still upset about what Adam did to Victor and Victoria recently. Victor argues they can’t continue the cycle of revenge. Nick hopes Adam’s out of their lives, but Victor’s silence says otherwise. Nick leaves. Nikki suggests her husband focus on Victoria, who was collateral damage. Victor’s unhappy about his daughter’s lack of compassion for Adam. Chelsea arrives and updates Victor that Adam got the truth from George and took off. Victor figures he’s trying to process it, and vows the family will help him. Chelsea sees Vic loves him. The Mustache ruminates that you never give up on your son.

In Sharon’s living room, Adam informs her that everything he thought about his childhood isn’t true. “You know me better than anyone else. I need you.” Sharon can’t deal with another Newman power struggle. Adam blurts, “I killed someone Sharon.” He briefs her and wants her help dealing with this. Sharon’s unsure, but Adam protests that she understands him. Nick enters and tries to kick Adam out. Sharon steps away for a call and Adam tells Nick he’s overreacting. Nick doesn’t want him dumping his screwed-up childhood on a woman who just had surgery. Adam’s stunned to hear she has cancer and asks if she’ll be alright. They argue as Adam wants to stay and Nick warns he’ll be made to keep his distance. When Sharon returns, Adam’s gone. Nick tells her what happened to Adam as a boy. Sharon frets that he needs support. Nick wonders if the dark place in Adam started there. Sharon insists Adam came as a broken man, not a monster. Nick argues against her helping Adam and letting him drain her energy.

At Crimson Lights, Tessa surprises Mariah with a fancy table with flowers and a cupcake. She needs to relax. Mariah doesn’t know how she’d have gotten through any of this without Tessa. Suddenly, Mariah’s phone dings and she asks Tessa, “How could you do this?” She confronts Tessa about turning down a music festival appearance that could make or break her because she’s stuck there with her. Tessa says losing Mariah would break her – she wants to be there for Mariah and Sharon and likes feeling a part of a family. Mariah assures her she’ll still be an epic star. Tessa replies, “As long as I’m your star.”

In the Abbott living room, Jack fills Ashley in on Dina becoming upset and saying, Jack’s determined to find out what, or who, Bixley is and Ashley signs on to help him. Jack is about to get Dina’s memoirs when Ash finds a notepad with Bixley scrawled on it. Later, they’re still puzzled. Ash worries Bixley may be another long-lost sibling. Jack refuses to believe it. Traci arrives, gets in the loop, and wonders how they made the leap to a sibling. She realizes the ‘l’ is a lower case ‘b’. Dina was saying, “Bixby,” and Traci knows exactly what she’s talking about. It turns out the ‘bixby’ is the Bixomatic camera that recorded their childhood. Traci feels she may want to see their old movies.

At the clinic, Elena teases Nate as they take calls. After seeing patients they continue to banter; it’s his turn to clean up the examination room.

In Society, Devon and Amanda discuss the work she’s doing for him, then swerve to how far they’ve come from living in foster homes. They go over their paths to success. Devon credits Neil with setting him straight and being a good example. Amanda feels Devon is making a huge difference to people. Devon’s not slowing down. Despite never meeting him, Amanda feels Neil would have been proud of his son.

At home, Chelsea updates Adam on her trip to the ranch. She wants to leave the past where it belongs. Adam argues he has to deal with it. He worries it’s even worse than Victor and George claimed…he has to remember. Chelsea pleads for him to leave it alone. When Chelsea’s in the kitchen, Adam gets a text from Sharon, who asks how she can help.

Next on The Young and the Restless Sharon sets boundaries, and Abby gives someone a reality check.

Respected Contributor

I stopped following this thread months ago, and did not realize they started airing new shows this week. I did watch the show today. I like Adam's new hair style. Much better than the slicked back version. Other than that, the same old, same old.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.