Honored Contributor

Re: 🌹🌻 YOUNG & RESTLESS AUGUST 2020 w/ SPOILERS 🌻🌹

@AuntG wrote:

@threecees glad at least one couple won't have to keep their distance. It's weird to watch a happy couple (Wyatt and Flo) sit six feet apart on B&B.

I wouldn't mind not seeing those two at all, especially Flo... Then again, not much interest in Devon and whozitz either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The guys that have played Fen are in the news lately.

Just saw that the last Fen is dating the Cait Fairbanks who plays Tessa.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/574366/young-restless-cait-fairbanks-zach... 

Zach-Tinker-Cait-Fairbanks-YR-HW.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/574366/young-restless-cait-fairbanks-zach... 

Two fan favorites to be sure... NOT!!  Smiley LOL

Gag Me - Reaction GIFs

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Let's all hope they practice birth control or else FENTESSA. Please nooooooo

Honored Contributor

I'd kill for her complexion.

Trusted Contributor

Just MHO, but I wish they would show the LAST episode that aired before removing the show when COVID shut everything down. I don't remember what date that was and I honestly don't remember what was going on with every character at that time. If they started the week with the last 5 episodes and THEN began with the new episodes, I think it would enable many to catch up/refresh what was going on at the time.

I don't recall Sharon having surgery; I must have missed that episode. The last think I remember is Victor telling Nikki about what happened in the barn on the farm in Kansas. I remember Sharon getting the bad news. I remember the issues between Phylis and Abbie regarding the construction noise across the street...that's it, really. 

I can't be the only one who sort of bailed with all that is going on right now in the world, in our own lives.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Monday August 10, 2020: Young and Restless returns for their first brand new episode since the global health crisis put the cast and crew in quarantine. Revamp your interest with the latest set of fresh episodes. Today, Billy and Lily go to Chancellor Park to interview the Newman family and anyone else they can about what’s been happening in Genoa City.

Lily is sitting at her desk in the office when Billy walks in with an idea. They discuss today being the day the statue will be dedicated in Chancellor Park. She thinks they should talk to all the big players in town about what they’ve been up to.

In Chancellor Park, Lily interviews Nikki about Katherine. Nikki says her old friend would be amused and horrified to see Genoa City now. She flashes back to Victoria being stabbed in the gallery and the time she spent in the hospital. Nick is up next and tells Lily what a ‘warrior’ Sharon has been in her battle with cancer and how great a support Ray has been for her. Mariah follows him and talks about how hard Sharon has had to fight and how the people around her have helped. She thinks of Sharon giving her medical rights over to her. Lily is sure that Sharon’s family gave her the strength she needed.

When Victoria is interviewed, she talks about how great it has been to have strong women like Katherine and her mother as role models. She thinks about all the recent drama in her family, especially Adam’s demands for control of the company and her fight to keep the CEO position. When Lily tries to question Nikki again and get a little gossip, Nikki shuts her down and walks off as Billy pops up.

Across the park, Victor appears and startles Nikki. She admits she’s worried that Billy could be planning a ‘deep dive’ into Newman business. Victor immediately confronts Billy and warns him not to slander his family. He thinks about the killing and wanders off as Adam arrives, sweaty and fresh from running. Billy asks if he wants to give a soundbite and quizzes him about being booted from the company while Victoria took back the crown. They bicker and Adam trudges off before stopping to remember when he proposed to Chelsea and his father setting him up as a fall guy.

After he drifts off, Lily and Billy chat as they recall Jill putting them together in their current jobs. She spots Devon and rushes over to interview him. Lily asks what he would tell his grandma if he could. He’s sure she’d be having a laugh. They recall losing Neil a year ago and how Devon lost his fortune, got it back, and met Elena. Amanda is up next, and Lily apologizes for not giving her a warmer welcome when she first came to town. Lily digs for gossip. Amanda admits she may have an amazing man in her life and thinks of Nate.

After she leaves for her date, Jack stumbles on them and agrees to say a few words about Katherine, calling her an indomitable force and a joy to witness. When Lily brings up Dina, Jack says that her late years have not gone as well as Katherine’s did. Jack is saddened as he thinks about the time he, Ashley, and Traci spent with their mom at home. He says that Katherine taught him resilience and taking life as it comes at you. “Whatever lies ahead for Genoa City is sure to be unexpected and probably explosive,” he concludes.

Ray arrives at Sharon’s and asks how she’s feeling. She feels everything and nothing.

Elena and Devon sit at Society and talk about his grandmother. He says Katherine must have sent her to him and he’s grateful.

When Billy and Lily return to their office, he says that stories spill out of the people in town. He senses something is going on at Newman. She reminds him that he promised not to use Chance Com to fight a vendetta against the Newmans. He promises not to screw things up.

At home, Victor tells Nikki that he feels a chill in the air like a storm is coming.

On the next The Young and the Restless:

Sharon struggles with life after surgery.

Billy and Lily disagree on a potential new hire.

Phyllis has an issue with Abby.

Honored Contributor

Fans cannot wait until Young and the Restless returns with new episodes (we have the date!) and, as an added bonus, Eileen Davidson will be back on screen as Ashley Abbott during the return as well. Davidson last appeared on Y&R on March 27 and will turn up in scenes with her onscreen brother Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) on Friday August 14.

Honored Contributor

Young and Restless spoilers for Monday August 10:

In Monday’s Y&R recap, Jack and Victor sense trouble, as many remember Katherine Chancellor.

Lily (Christel Khalil) and Billy (Jason Thompson) interview Genoa City residents as they celebrate the anniversary of Katherine’s dedication at Chancellor Park, sparking guests’ memories of the recent past.

Young and Restless spoilers for Tuesday August 11:

Sharon (Sharon Case) struggles with her new normal following her surgery, Billy (Jason Thompson) and Lily (Christel Khalil) disagree on a potential hire for Chancellor Communications, and Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) has a bone to pick with Abby (Melissa Ordway). This episode was filmed before the pandemic shut down production.

Young and Restless spoilers for Wednesday August 12:

Victor (Eric Braeden) and Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan) put their differences aside to help Adam (Mark Grossman), Summer (Hunter King) reveals her true feelings about Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Phyllis’ (Michelle Stafford) reunion, and Amanda (Mishael Morgan) puts the brakes on her budding romance with Nate (Sean Dominic).

Young and Restless spoilers for Thursday August 13:

Jack’s (Peter Bergman) parenting advice strikes a nerve with Victor (Eric Braeden), Adam (Mark Grossman) searches for clues to prove he didn’t commit a decades-old crime, and Esther (Kate Linder) helps Kevin (Greg Rikaart) prepare for fatherhood.

Young and Restless spoilers for Friday August 14:

Devon (Bryton James) bonds with Amanda (Mishael Morgan), Nikki’s (Melody Thomas Scott) attempt to keep the peace in the Newman family backfires, and Jack (Peter Bergman) and Ashley are reminded of their family’s checkered past as Eileen Davidson returns to Y&R.

More Young and Restless spoilers from SOD:

Surprising secrets revealed will lead to unexpected actions and consequences for Amanda, Devon, Elena, and Nate.

An upcoming storyline will put Kyle’s love to the test, push Summer back to her former bad behavior, reveal a new side to Theo, and give Lola a new outlook on life and love.

New clues about Dina and John’s past will have Traci and Jack searching for a long-lost memento emblematic of the love they shared, which will bring Dina peace and joy. Ashley will also play a role in the quest.

Sharon maintains her strength even as she faces a major setback.

Adam’s struggle with the past will cause fallout for him, Victor, and Chelsea. The hatred between Adam and Billy will reignite and the ensuing battle will affect them both as well as Victoria.

Phyllis will go to extremes to deal with the threat of Abby’s hotel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know. Looking at what they're ready to put on the table, I'm having to consider whether this might be the right time to make a break with this show. I've watched a handful of the 'vintage' episodes and I'm not sure I want to re-up with the slop this production team keeps churning out. I can't imagine that this group of characters and their stories are going to be any more compelling now than they were five months ago. Were they smart, they'd have blown out the walls and come back with a whole new show. This would have been a perfect chance to eliminate some dead weight, both in terms of characters and stories that went nowhere, and simply come back with a whole different vibe. 'Business as usual' isn't going to get it.