Honored Contributor

YOUNG WOMAN REACTS TO POPULAR MUSIC OF SIXTIES AND BEYOND

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.31.03 AM.png

Just google,  BrittReacts youtube,   I beg you!   (ha)

Many people have their own favorite "react" videos--  but I have found that BrittReacts is by far the most fun and purely entertaining and compulsively watchable!

Partly, because of her background in dance (as both a performer and teacher) and her musicality, plus the wit, expressiveness and intelligence informing her responses.

For anyone not familiar,  "react" videos are created by bloggers who listen to an artist or performance for the first time, in real time, while we watch.   The fun is when they encounter people we may know well, but they are seeing for the first time, in many cases.

She does watch the hot, latest young generation of performers too, but for me the kick is her first-time reactions, as a fairly young person, to Silent Generation and Boomer Generation performers, like:

Little Richard

Elvis

Linda Ronstadt

Aaron Neville

Tom Jones

Irene Cara

The Carpenters

John Denver

Cass Elliott

Janis Ian  (blast from the past, yes!)

If you like any of the singers above, you'll probably enjoy BrittReacts critiques of them.

May I especially recommend that you google BrittReacts Little Richard Tom Jones youtube.    Priceless commentary from her on a matchless duo going through a medley of hits.   You can see that she approves--

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.22.33 AM.png  

I have to save these to watch when I'm doing boring kitchen chores, like cooking up ground chicken for tacos today.  The cooking is so routine, that I can really follow the videos well and get into them.

If I just sit down and watch the videos with nothing else demanding my attention, I fall down an endless rabbit hole, watching and watching, since they are so much fun.  So beware.....   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: YOUNG WOMAN REACTS TO POPULAR MUSIC OF SIXTIES AND BEYOND

@Oznell  Thanks a million! Good stuff!! I finally had to force myself to turn it off, because I have work to do. It's great to hear a young person reacting to Jerry Lee Lewis and The Righteous Brothers, etc. Especially one who seems to have musical skills of her own.

Trusted Contributor

I'll have to check her out! I've seen two young guys do the same thing and their reactions to different songs. They'd get into the music and it was fun watching them!

Thanks for posting this !! 😊
Honored Contributor

Oh dear....she isn't real familiar with Barbra Streisand as a singer.  Makes me feel so old.  

Swooning over Elvis Presley....me too.  He lives on!!!

Very interesting Brittreacts.  Lots of fun.  Thanks.  

Trusted Contributor

🤣🤣🤣

brittreacts war pigs.JPG

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @PA Mom-mom  --  I saw the Jerry Lee Lewis one, fab!   Watching these is like a mega jolt of caffeine, shot through with joy.  Mood lifter!

@EastCoastGal ,  do you by any chance remember who the two guys are you've seen reacting?   Agreed, it's huge fun, especially if they are insightful.  I haven't seen two guys, but there's a savvy musical couple I've seen doing this, plus ThatSingerReactions, who is another knowledgeable music 'critiquer'.

My pleasure, @Foxxee -- oh she does have a heart for Elvis.  A different generation, but she fully appreciates different genres and quickly develops a feeling and bang- on descriptions for what she's hearing.

Ha, ha, @Caffeina ,  that's what I love about her-- so expressive, those facial responses are priceless.  She could be a bit tougher on the performers though-- as a perfomer herself, she has a natural tact in how she approaches others who have the nerve to lay it all out there on a stage, I think, and avoids being harsh...  

As good as the Little Richard/ Tom Jones one is, speaking of Tom Jones, I only wish she'd review the now legendary clip of Wilson Pickett on Tom Jones' old TV show.  Oh, the two of them, wow.

But to see that one, you have to go to another (very good) reactor,  ThatSingerReactions youtube:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.22.44 PM.png

It is not to be missed, even better than the Stevie Wonder / Tom Jones tear-it-up, and the Janis Joplin / Tom Jones duo.   They all appeared on Tom Jones' old TV show, but Wilson Pickett was his absolute idol. 

You can see in the bombshell clip of ThatSingerReactions that Tom can't believe he's with Pickett, the absolute embodiment of soul, and Tom's loving and making the most of every minute...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EastCoastGal,

I saw those 2 guys too.-very cute to watch their reactions.

Their names are Tim and Fred-they are twins. I watched their videos about 2 years ago?

@Oznell Just google twins who listen to music for the first time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I watched the 4 guys reacting to The Righteous Brothers.  Then the ones who did the solo performance of the man singing, Hello darkness my old friend, that's how the Simon and Garfunkle song starts.  Can't think of the man's name at this moment.  It's super how he did it too.  

These type of films are so much fun to see how the young people react to "our oldies" music.  If we listen to oldies, must make us oldies too.  It's OK.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip, @on the bay !

Ha, ha, @qualitygal ,  "oldies" in the best sense.  These great performances and artists are timeless, and then, so are we??