Honored Contributor

Re: YESTERDAY - MOVIE REVIEW

I just saw it this afternoon - a multiplex theater and it was pushed to a smaller venue but for a weekday afternoon - there were quite a number of people attending.

I loved their music, so it was joyful to watch. The best was the googling - so funny. I really didn't see the chemistry between Jack and Ellie but that was okay. Ed did a fine job and the obnoxious manager was well played by Kate.

I was conflected on what must remain unsaid. It was sweet although implausible. But the whole movie was implausible.

The movie was not as good as Love Actually - loved when they played All You Need is Love during the wedding scene. Bohemian Rhapsody was a much better movie. But I enjoyed it never the less.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I just saw it this afternoon - a multiplex theater and it was pushed to a smaller venue but for a weekday afternoon - there were quite a number of people attending.

I loved their music, so it was joyful to watch. The best was the googling - so funny. I really didn't see the chemistry between Jack and Ellie but that was okay. Ed did a fine job and the obnoxious manager was well played by Kate.

I was conflected on what must remain unsaid. It was sweet although implausible. But the whole movie was implausible.

The movie was not as good as Love Actually - loved when they played All You Need is Love during the wedding scene. Bohemian Rhapsody was a much better movie. But I enjoyed it never the less.

@Yahooey    Loved reading your review - thanks.   Yes, the Googling was very funny.  As was the too-short album covers scene.  Smiley Happy

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I also agree (as I mentioned in my first post) that it wasn't as good as Love Actually (I agree with you about the All You Need Is Love segment in that film - nice touch and clearly the filmmaker is a Beatles fan).  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee @Just wanted to let you know that it’s STILL hanging in the #5 spot.  Really showing longevity with, probably, good word of mouth.  Feel good movie of the summer.

A10AA1B9-DA90-4CA9-BD80-5C0D0788F277.jpeg

Many of of those movies came out after Yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego   Thanks so much for posting that info! Smiley Happy  I'm happy for the update and to see the film is doing well.  

Honored Contributor

We loved it!

What a talented young man!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Sweet film saw Yesterday, yesterday since the movies are generally a good refuge from the heat.

We have one small no fills theater in the area, it was filled with others looking for beat the heat

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

We loved it!

What a talented young man!

@house_cat   I'm happy you loved it!  

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego   I noticed in the paper today that it's still playing at the movie theater  where I saw it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee @Definitely has staying power! Is a nice alternative to the typical summer blockbusters (which I also love!)

I predict it will dip to #7 or #8 at the boxoffice this weekend.  Lots of big movies out.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Pearlee @Definitely has staying power! Is a nice alternative to the typical summer blockbusters (which I also love!)

I predict it will dip to #7 or #8 at the boxoffice this weekend.  Lots of big movies out.

@Alter Ego   Yes, it surely will drop this weekend, and with good cause as you point out.