Respected Contributor

Re: YELLOWSTONE Season 4 Premieres on November 7th

@KingstonsMom    Oh, that preview is really whetting my appetite!!!

Honored Contributor

@lmt 

Me too!

I'm re-watching Season 3 now on Paramount channel.

Today I was reading about a trailer that for a split second showed ranch hand Lloyd getting punched in the face by a dark haired man......Rip? or Jamie?

Fans on social media were not happy about that worrying whether or not he was okay.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I just finished binging all 3 seasons of "Yellowstone" and loved it and I am anxiously awaiting Season 4.

The acting is outstanding, as are the characters.  My favorites are Rip and Beth.

I read some of the cowboys are actually cowboys in real life but you can't tell the difference between them and the actors. 

Wonderful series!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I am very surprised that Yellowstone has not been nominated for an Emmy. Wonder why? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64  I am truly shocked that it has not been nominated for an Emmy.

Kevin Costner is outstanding as John Dutton.  I love his conversations with his grandson.  The supporting characters are so very good in their roles, especially Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton.  The writing is also top notch.

It beats me why this wonderful show has not been acknowledged.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@wakefield64  I am truly shocked that it has not been nominated for an Emmy.

Kevin Costner is outstanding as John Dutton.  I love his conversations with his grandson.  The supporting characters are so very good in their roles, especially Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton.  The writing is also top notch.

It beats me why this wonderful show has not been acknowledged.

I think Kelly Reilly was nominated as she should be. The fact that this series has not been nominated is astonishing to me. There is not a bad storyline or actor in the bunch. How many series can claim that? I think the fix is in! 😆 

Honored Contributor

I watched the 3 seasons again this weekend. Just watched them a few months or so when they were on.

Can't wait for Season 4.  

Super Contributor

Will watch Yellowstone. I would watch the other 2, but absolutely will not pay for Paramount+.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64   @Mersha   The show has received its first Emmy nomination this year. Unfortunately it's not in the acting category.

Weeks after Paramount Network finally announced Yellowstone's season 4 return date, the hit show was nominated for its first-ever Emmy, Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary Program (1 hour or more) along with Mare of Easttown, The Flight Attendant, Handmaid's Tale and The Undoing. You heard that right: Yellowstone has never won or been nominated for an Emmy despite their incredibly loyal fanbase and record-breaking ratings. (The season 3 finale was the most-watched cable entertainment program of 2020, Deadline reports.)

When Yellowstone shared the news on their official Instagram page, fans flooded the comments with praise ... and a few questions. "Congratulations! Beautiful people getting a nod for their beautiful work," one fan wrote. "How could you not be?! Everything on Yellowstone is a feast for the eyes.. Congratulations," wrote another.

This news shocked many fans, especially given the show's impressive ratings, captivating storylines and incredible talent (Kevin Costner, Cole Hauser and Kelly Reilly, need we say more?). A few fans cut to the chase:" Well it is about time," one wrote. Others shared their frustrations that, once again, none of the show's actors or writers were recognized for their work: "Should be an Emmy sweep, but that’s okay!!! We’ll take this one for now," someone else commented.

This isn't a new feeling by any means. Last year, several fans pointed out, Kelly Reilly's Emmy snub saying that it's "hard to find a more insanely amazing character on TV right now aside from Beth Dutton."

The show's creator, Taylor Sheridan, commented on the show's lack of nominations, revealing that he's not too surprised that they're excluded from award shows year after year. "I think that whenever you’re dealing with awards in our industry, there are certainly lanes you can go down that fall into categories that get attention by people who give awards. At face value, a Western about a millionaire cattle rancher doesn’t seem to fall into the category of art that is trying to have an impactful effect on an audience, even though I feel it obviously is, or I wouldn’t do it," he told Deadline in 2020.

Although he doesn't seem too phased by the snubs, Taylor proceeded to say that it all comes down to people —Emmy voters, especially — turning away from streaming platforms to watch cable. "I would assume that with the volume of television out there to go watch, most Emmy voters probably don’t even know it’s on the air," he continued.

Awards or not, there's no doubt that Yellowstone is still a winner in fans' eyes. And who knows, maybe the highly-anticipated fourth season will be the one to finally win over Emmy voters, too.

Frequent Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I just finished binging all 3 seasons of "Yellowstone" and loved it and I am anxiously awaiting Season 4.

The acting is outstanding, as are the characters.  My favorites are Rip and Beth.

I read some of the cowboys are actually cowboys in real life but you can't tell the difference between them and the actors. 

Wonderful series!

Both Jake and Lloyd (cowboys at the Dutton Ranch) are real cowboys. There have been others, but these two are on screen the most.