Honored Contributor

Re: YELLOWSTONE Season 4 Premieres on November 7th

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

So who died in that epic season 3 finale of Yellowstone? Well, we're about to find out, as Paramount Network has announced the premiere of the fourth season of its addictive Taylor Sheridan drama on Nov. 7.

The last time we saw the Dutton family was during the Aug. 23, 2020 finale, dubbed "The World Is Purple," in which three of the family members were left in extreme peril. John (Kevin Costner) and his son Kayce (Luke Grimes) had been shot, and a bomb had gone off in Beth's (Kelly Reilly) office. Naturally, we don't want anyone to die, but gunshots and explosions aren't exactly pleasant to endure.

The fourth season will feature three new characters played by Piper Perabo, Jacki Weaver, and Kathryn Kelly. Will Patton will also be back as Jamie's (Wes Bentley) birth father. Which shouldn't end well.

Paramount's streaming service, Paramount+, hopes the enthusiasm for Yellowstone will help launch two other shows from Sheridan: Mayor of Kingstown, which bows Nov. 14, and a Yellowstone prequel called 1883, which premieres Dec. 19.

Mayor of Kingstown will focus on the McLusky Family, who are described as power brokers in Kingston, Mich., "where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry." The series stars Jeremy Renner and Dianne Wiest.

1883 features Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and will focus on the Dutton Family in 18th century Montana. More cast members are set to be announced later.

"Our strategy is to make Yellowstone, the massive No. 1 hit with more than 10 million fans, into a global hit franchise under the incredible creative vision of Taylor Sheridan's world-building storytelling," reads a statement from Chris McCarthy, president and CEO of MTV Entertainment, which produces the series for Paramount. "These new series will debut on Paramount+ and have special premiere-day sneak episodes behind Yellowstone, introducing this huge audience to these new stories, allowing us to leverage our linear platforms to fuel the growth of Paramount+, which will stream each series exclusively after episode 2."

@lmt 

I will watch anything with Kevin Costner or Sam Elliott in it. Guess I need Paramount + to watch the new shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't pay more for Paramount +! I assume Yellowstone is on regular Paramount so my DVR a will pick it up! 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

Yes, the original 'Yellowstone' will be on the regular Paramount channel, while the 'prequel' with the other actors will be on Paramount+.

I won't pay more for these '+' channels either, I pay enough now!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers @KingstonsMom 

I will miss seeing my Sam Elliott  as i will be another one" not "paying to watch the spin off..sighSmiley Frustrated

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

Oh, I really have the 'hots' for Sam Elliott, always have!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@lmt 

Thanks for posting this info.

Initially, sometime last year, I attempted to watch Yellowstone but couldn't get past the use of the "F" word  used in every conversation & the daughter's personality .  She's a "negative" person most of the time.  A few months later, I tried again & put that word behind me & instead focused on the story line.  It took me awhile but I really got interested in it.  The last episode had some surprising turns for me I hadn't expected but now that they got us all hooked, they know we'll be watching.  

Really looking forward to the 2 new series esp. w/ Sam Elliott.  He plays the western rolls excellent.  Paramount is included on our Comcast Flex Streaming.  I wouldn't pay extra for it either.

Respected Contributor

DH and I are eagerly awaiting the show's return.

My two favorite characters are Rip and Beth. I'm glad to hear that Josh Holloway (Roarke) will also be back. 

Rip and Beth at the Rodeo - Yellowstone Season 3 Episode 3 - TV Fanatic

Yellowstone' Season 3 Preview: Josh Holloway Analyzes Roarke Morris | TVLine

Like some of you have mentioned, I would like to see the prequel show, 1883, but there's no way I'm going to pay for it. I LOVE Sam Elliott, but I don't care for either Tim McGraw or Faith Hill.

I'm wondering if at some point Paramount + will air the show on their regular network channel. Star TrekSmiley Very Happyiscovery was only available on CBS All Access (which is now Paramount +) but last fall they aired the first season on their network channel.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt  I think Rip is my favorite also, he is so sexy, love me some hunk of cowboy !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

For all who may not have seen the trailer(s) for season 4:

The official Paramount Studios trailer:

Yellowstone Season 4 Official Trailer | Paramount Network - YouTube

Possible 'spoilers' for Season 4:

Yellowstone Season 4 OFFICIAL Trailer Changes Everything! - YouTube

Honored Contributor

BTW, in my area Yellowstone Season 2 (in it's entirety) starts at 12:00 noon today (ET) on Paramount channel.