Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the prequel as I don't have Paramount Plus, only the regular Paramount channel.  I'm hoping it comes on that one eventually as I would watch it for sure.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I haven't seen the prequel as I don't have Paramount Plus, only the regular Paramount channel.  I'm hoping it comes on that one eventually as I would watch it for sure.

Me too.

I won't pay for Paramount +, even for Sam Elliot. 😂

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@amyb   Well, each person is different so I won't try to talk you into watching it.  I'm a mystery, espionage, crime drama type person, myself ...  so it took me until this year to even begin watching. 

Cowboys, I thought ... who in the world would watch this stuff?   I sat down one Saturday, when the cable station was running the entire first and second seasons.  And I got hooked.  Didn't take me long at all to get through seasons 3 (my favorite, so far) and four.

So, if you've a mind to ... you might want to try again ... the acting is superb, the characters are well thought out and written.  You'll have a love-hate relationship with them.

Oh, and the creme de la creme ... the Montana scenery is absolutely gorgeous!  ... and the Native American history is well worth knowing!

Me; I'd "watch that stuff." Thanks for the review... I may give it another shot. I'll bet the scenery is wonderful. I may need to be whisked away into it this winter...

Of course I don't have Paramount, so I'll have to look into how I'd watch it.

Anyone here watch the "1883" prequel?

@amyb Yes, I watched 1883.  I loved the series but..... talk about violence.  Yikes.  It is history though and something we need to realize that people actually lived this life.  There were also plenty of tears.  That Sam Elliott is quite the guy.

Like you I tried Yellowstone for 2 episodes and couldn't get into it.  My kids were raving about it.  Then I watched 1883.  After that I tried Y again and got hooked.  At first I was turned off by the lead female character but she definitely grows on you.  You get to understand her more deeper into the series.

Honored Contributor

I cannot wait for Sunday to watch.  It's such a great show.  The acting and the writing is amazing.  

I loved 1883 as well.  It was extremely violent, but you couldn't tell that story without all the violance, IMO.  

Honored Contributor

Kevin Costner has aged very well, hasn't he.

Still churning out high quality entertainment.  Seems rather humble & genuine.  I was hooked the first time I saw him in No Way Out.  That uniform!! Wow

I love Yellowstone.  Terrific cast.  Great scenery

And cowboys

kevin-costners-best-movie-roles-no-way-out.webp

Super Contributor

@SoX   Yes, the Montana scenery and Native American history. And those quarterhorses! They are magnificent. The cowboys ride nice horses, but John Dutton is always on one those top line quarters. They have that stocky, muscular, build; they move so beautifully. 

Respected Contributor

KC fans, you should watch an oldie but goodie movie. He was in a western called "Silverado" . Lots of stars and you won't recognize him.

good movie for when there's nothing else on.

Honored Contributor

Re: YELLOWSTONE - SEASON 5

[ Edited ]

@10sluvr wrote:

KC fans, you should watch an oldie but goodie movie. He was in a western called "Silverado" . Lots of stars and you won't recognize him.

I don't see Luke Grimes' name listed in the cast of Silverado film. @10sluvr 

Grimes was in The Magnificent Seven (2016).

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

I don't see Luke Grimes' name listed in the cast of Silverado film. @10sluvr 

Grimes was in The Magnificent Seven (2016).

i was talking about kevin costner.sorry if i confused anyone.

Respected Contributor

I watched a few episodes this weekend and this season's 1st episode around watching The White Lotus on Sunday night.

I think it's like a cross between the old "Dynasty" series from the 1980's and the current "Succession" series, like a soap opera set on a ranch. IMO it's ok, but sometimes the storylines are pretty far-fetched.

What I don't like are the rodeo type scenes. In real rodeos, animals are sometimes injured with broken ribs, broken legs, broken backs, torn tendons, internal organ damage, snapped necks, & at times painful deaths. Even though there may be professionals handling the animals so that none are harmed on the TV show, idk if I'll keep watching - probably on & off.

I was kind of surprised that there were advertisements for merchandise like that used in the show that viewers could buy right away. The successful series must be making a lot of $.