Honored Contributor

Re: YAY! BOBBY FLAY LEAVING FOOD NETWORK END OF THE YEAR

Except for Ina, the channel is pretty much garbage and has been for a long time.
Honored Contributor

Have always liked him.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Don't know how true it is, but I've heard he can be a jerk to his staff.  I sometimes watch Beat Bobby Flay but otherwise am tired of his ego.

I sometimes watch Guy's Grocery Games but other than that, FoodTV is saturated with him.  

Another one I wish would leave is Giada. I can't stand her!

Wait - who does that leave?  Smiley Very Happy  Food Netword really needs to get some fresh blood.  The only show I watch regularly is Chopped.  

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see foodnetwork totally revamp and bring back the shows that originally put them on the map....actually COOKING! Genius right?  All the competition shows with the wasted food is a big turn off for me.  Remember watching Jamie Oliver, Sarah Molton, Nigella Lawson, and tons of other real chefs....would love to see those again Smiley Happy JMO  Guy and Bobby made me stop watching this network

Honored Contributor

I remember, way back, watching Emeril's show in the evenings with the live audience.  Those were fun!

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I like Ina.  I think she is about the only one I ever watch now.  I loved it when they had people with credentials like David Rosengarten, Mark Bittman, and others.  Some people don't like Emeril but the man really really knows food!

Right now my favorite thing is Jacques Pepin's little Facebook videos!  They are wonderful!  

To me, shows like Valerie, Trisha and the Pioneer Woman and a lot of others whose names I don't even know do not add anything useful.  

Oh and I do enjoy Giada's recipes on Facebook.  Despite all written about her, I think she knows what she is doing and is pleasant to watch.  And being that i'm not bffs and having lunch with here, that's enough for me!  

I, for one, agree with you.  When Food Network started it was cooking all the time which I enjoyed.  It was interesting to learn new recipe ideas, techiques, and tips from famous chefs.  Now the shows are 10 minutes of cooking and the rest of the time is someone singing, someone visiting, a bunch of people faking giggles/conversations over dinner, or some sort of a competition.  A little of it is fine but it's just the same script with different people on almost every show.  Wish they could just do mostly cooking for 20 miutes like it used to be with just a little socializing. 

One show I enjoy, usually on Dabl or on You Tube, is "Struggle Meals" with a young guy named Frankie. He has another more serious show too and he's entertaining while pasing on ideas on saving money, especially to the younger generations some of  whom are struggling.  That show reminds me of the fugality of how it was when I was growing up, how to use up whatever you have in the house, how to stretch a dollar, and how to eat just as well at home vs eating out.  I love his drawer of "packets" that he saves from all the take out places and how he uses them in his cooking to save money and add flavor.  It's a fun show, at least for me it is, and is all cooking.   :smileyhappy:   

Trusted Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I like Ina.  I think she is about the only one I ever watch now.  I loved it when they had people with credentials like David Rosengarten, Mark Bittman, and others.  Some people don't like Emeril but the man really really knows food!

Right now my favorite thing is Jacques Pepin's little Facebook videos!  They are wonderful!  

To me, shows like Valerie, Trisha and the Pioneer Woman and a lot of others whose names I don't even know do not add anything useful.  

Oh and I do enjoy Giada's recipes on Facebook.  Despite all written about her, I think she knows what she is doing and is pleasant to watch.  And being that i'm not bffs and having lunch with here, that's enough for me!  

I, for one, agree with you.  When Food Network started it was cooking all the time which I enjoyed.  It was interesting to learn new recipe ideas, techiques, and tips from famous chefs.  Now the shows are 10 minutes of cooking and the rest of the time is someone singing, someone visiting, a bunch of people faking giggles/conversations over dinner, or some sort of a competition.  A little of it is fine but it's just the same script with different people on almost every show.  Wish they could just do mostly cooking for 20 miutes like it used to be with just a little socializing. 

One show I enjoy, usually on Dabl or on You Tube, is "Struggle Meals" with a young guy named Frankie. He has another more serious show too and he's entertaining while pasing on ideas on saving money, especially to the younger generations some of  whom are struggling.  That show reminds me of the fugality of how it was when I was growing up, how to use up whatever you have in the house, how to stretch a dollar, and how to eat just as well at home vs eating out.  I love his drawer of "packets" that he saves from all the take out places and how he uses them in his cooking to save money and add flavor.  It's a fun show, at least for me it is, and is all cooking.   :smileyhappy:   

I like him to!  I really like this lovely lady on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWZ_8BX5HpmKN4iTgLQGalw