Honored Contributor

Re: YAY! BOBBY FLAY LEAVING FOOD NETWORK END OF THE YEAR

Honestly, Food Network is over.  There are very few shows about cooking (and food I'd even consider making) anymore.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I lost interest in him and the Food Network awhile ago....

Honored Contributor

I saw him on Today a week or so ago and he made some reference to his girlfriend.  Hmmm . . . I thought, wonder what happened to Stephanie?  I won't miss him, but I can't say I dislike him.  Just sort of a swelled head case to me.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I saw him on Today a week or so ago and he made some reference to his girlfriend.  Hmmm . . . I thought, wonder what happened to Stephanie?  I won't miss him, but I can't say I dislike him.  Just sort of a swelled head case to me.

He and Stephanie March were divorced in 2015, and she remarried in 2017.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I always look forward to seeing Ina.  That slam about her that has kicked around, hey who can do everything they are asked?  I can't.  

Giada, I enjoy watching her because I like a lot of her food and I get ideas from it.

I have no interest in the Pioneer Woman any, because she just slops things together and it's a home movie in essence.  Nobody seems to care about anything that goes on--just get 'er done!  

Most of the others I have never been interested enough in to watch.  One of our Oklahoma Chefs did beat Bobby and we were so happy for her!  

I have even relented and although I do not like Chris Kimbell at all, I do like some of the more recent recipes and have the 2019 and 2020 cookbooks that I use a lot.  Not wild about his show though.  

Respected Contributor

They have overdone it with him, but I don't think he is that bad- I am more sick of Guy Fieri - 

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@kivah  I like her cooking.  BUT.  She denied a Make a Wish Foundation childs request to cook with her TWICE  because her schedule would not allow it.  When the word got out  she apparently Could  Find the time to cook with an ill child.  The child DECLINED the offer.

Not ao impeccable in my book.

She has a very Hamptons way about her.

I remember reading this story and it wasn't as presented. If she did decline - I'm sure she had her reasons.There's always more to each story.

Honored Contributor

I hardly ever watch FN because I can't stand game shows.  

Regular Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

After 27 yeas this egomaniac is leaving at the end of the year!! According to an article online FN and Flay couldn't agree on financial terms!

I got sick of him so many years ago, and avoid all of his shows. I love Chopped, including reruns, but won't watch if he's a judge.

Could never see what Stephanie March (Alex Cabot on SVU) ever saw in him. Glad she split.

I know he has lots of fans but I'm not one.

I wish the same for Guy Fieri....so sick of him stuffing his face on TripleD.   I reached the saturation point with both of them a long time ago.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch the Food Network more than I do now. The programs are just not that interesting to me anymore. I'll watch DDD if it's not one I've already seen but I really don't like all those contests that the network shows. Watching chefs sweat all over the weird combinations of food is disgusting. It makes me believe that it's worthwhile for chefs to take their time in any restaurant I might visit. There's a sameness to the shows now, although HGTV is worse when it comes to been there-done that programming.