Trusted Contributor

Re: YAY! BOBBY FLAY LEAVING FOOD NETWORK END OF THE YEAR

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

I like Bobby Flay. Ate at his Mesa Grill a bunch of times. Food was excellent. Met him too, many times. Very nice guy. I think that people have to realize that he had the Manhattan attitude. Which I'm not saying is bad, just different. To me and my family, he had a heart of gold. Have all his books and they are signed. All recipes are delicious.

Bobby had a rough and tumble start in life. Look how his dad helped him turn it around. I admire Bobby.

@Queen of shop  Loved Mesa Grill!

Yes! What an awesome restaurant. As Bobby got to know me and my family, he would bring his red hot snickerdoodle cookies over to us. I actually found him very humble, shy and appreciative. TV doesn't tell the real person story. In real life he is sweet. Go figure. LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I like Ina.  I think she is about the only one I ever watch now.  I loved it when they had people with credentials like David Rosengarten, Mark Bittman, and others.  Some people don't like Emeril but the man really really knows food!

Right now my favorite thing is Jacques Pepin's little Facebook videos!  They are wonderful!  

To me, shows like Valerie, Trisha and the Pioneer Woman and a lot of others whose names I don't even know do not add anything useful.  

Oh and I do enjoy Giada's recipes on Facebook.  Despite all written about her, I think she knows what she is doing and is pleasant to watch.  And being that i'm not bffs and having lunch with here, that's enough for me!  

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I tune in on the weekends to Pioneer Woman but I'm getting bored with that show too. So many of the shows are not relevant to my lifestyle like the older shows were.  I've found the same thing on HGTV too.  The used to have great shows that gave suggestions on things to do around your house.  Now it's just remodel shows. 

Honored Contributor

He's a serial cheater that was unfaithful to all his three wives.  He's gross. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Bobby
Honored Contributor

@kivah I don't know her *personally* so I don't know if she's "sweet."  My DH's judgment was HIS, as yours is yours. I personally can't stand her. And that is MY opinion. Not right. Not right. Just mine.

And I'm not really interested in her background.

Respected Contributor

@kivah  I like her cooking.  BUT.  She denied a Make a Wish Foundation childs request to cook with her TWICE  because her schedule would not allow it.  When the word got out  she apparently Could  Find the time to cook with an ill child.  The child DECLINED the offer.

Not ao impeccable in my book.

She has a very Hamptons way about her.

Trusted Contributor

Nasty rude man.  A close family member had to deal with him when she served as the host for a large corporate event.  She said he was the worst celebrity she ever met and she met quite a few.  Never could figure out why he gained the status he did, but I guess he was smart and invested well in the FN.   Very overrated in my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

I enjoy his shows.  Wonder what's on his menu next???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I liked him in the beginning but grew tired of him quickly.  I don't watch the Food Network that often any more.  Grew tired of most of the shows.  Not into the competition shows and that seems to be most of what is there.

The only thing constant is change.