Esteemed Contributor

Re: YAY! BOBBY FLAY LEAVING FOOD NETWORK END OF THE YEAR

[ Edited ]

@deeva wrote:

I wish Guy Fieri would leave. 

Guy just signed an 80 million dollar deal with Food Network. Won't be leaving anytime soon.  I like him and Bobby Flay.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Maybe he'll take a cue from Bobby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Guy left FN they'd tank..

I miss when FN was a great resource for cooking shows.  Like Ina Garten, Tyler Florence and others.  

I can't stand most of the shows now most reality or competitions.

Contributor

Now if we could get rid of the Guy that has Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Food Network would be much Improved.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a fan of both him and Guy, but I have not watched in years. No particular reason we just all grow weary of certain shows after awhile. 

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

He's a total jerk can't stand him........

Honored Contributor

@sann Agree! Eons ago when GF first started, my late DH and I really enjoyed him. Eventually my DH really hated the sight of  that guy. I got sick of him. and we quit watching.

The other person my late DH couldn't stand was Ina Garten. He was a really easygoing guy but he thought she was waaaay stuck up and snotty. I agree.

Trusted Contributor

I like Bobby Flay. Ate at his Mesa Grill a bunch of times. Food was excellent. Met him too, many times. Very nice guy. I think that people have to realize that he had the Manhattan attitude. Which I'm not saying is bad, just different. To me and my family, he had a heart of gold. Have all his books and they are signed. All recipes are delicious.

Bobby had a rough and tumble start in life. Look how his dad helped him turn it around. I admire Bobby.

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

I like Bobby Flay. Ate at his Mesa Grill a bunch of times. Food was excellent. Met him too, many times. Very nice guy. I think that people have to realize that he had the Manhattan attitude. Which I'm not saying is bad, just different. To me and my family, he had a heart of gold. Have all his books and they are signed. All recipes are delicious.

Bobby had a rough and tumble start in life. Look how his dad helped him turn it around. I admire Bobby.

@Queen of shop  Loved Mesa Grill!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sann Agree! Eons ago when GF first started, my late DH and I really enjoyed him. Eventually my DH really hated the sight of  that guy. I got sick of him. and we quit watching.

The other person my late DH couldn't stand was Ina Garten. He was a really easygoing guy but he thought she was waaaay stuck up and snotty. I agree.

Your husband's judgement of Ina was way off. She's the sweetest person and is very professional. Her background is also impeccable.